• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

I’m starting to think that a new keeper might be more transformative for us. We are giving away numerous chances and pretty much a goal a game due to Vicario being absolutely awful dealing with inswingers directly into the 6 yard box. It is impossible to win competitions when giving the opponent a cheap goal a game in this way.
I can’t agree
Reya doesn’t come for any corners
They deal with them because their system works
Vucario is outstanding but having a moment. Remember when de gea came in and people identified his weakness. It got fixed (although he was still a vampire keeper)
Vic has lost his confidence at coming for corners. Our record before Emirates Marketing Project was very good. They fouled him and got away with it (not all the ones are fouls on him)
Yesterday was quite extreme though. Ben white trying to undo his gloves FFS.
What Vic needed to do was smash him in the face before the ball is kicked and see how the ref deals with it

A few half chances doesn't change the point of my post - we had a similar Xg to Arsenal once you subtract the penalty so the point we didn't have much to show for the possession stands
Going behind early against a very good team. The team with the best defensive record in the league.

I think matching(or slightly outperforming) them on xG in those circumstances is pretty good.
This is the point

Arsenal were in complete cruise control because of the same errors we've seen all season and no sign of a fix, they didn't need to come out and play.

Ange and his team have had 2 weeks to sort this mess out and they haven't even begun to look like they have addressed the issues.

How about putting a defender on the man marking Vacario? Or telling him to stop being weak and take command of the area.

His idea to beat Arsenal today was starting Hojberg and Davies V Saka.

Davies V Saka was always going to end the same way and Hojberg should never be the answer.

Play a youngster, o right.... he doesn't give them any minutes.

We are on course to concede more goals than last season, we could realistically beat our 38 season record.

No one expects all the issues to be fixed, but we've looked worse as the seasons gone on

This is with one game a week, it's only going to get tougher if we get into Europe
It would be good if he could have fixed some of those issues already.

I think most of those are squad issues that aren't easily fixed outside the transfer market. Bissouma has been in poor form for a wile imo. We have Hojbjerg. I guess we could play Bentancur or Sarr there, but I wouldn't expect that to be a solution.

Udogie is injured. We have Davies. That's it other than playing VdV at left back?

Set pieces are an issue, needs to be sorted at some point. But it's not an easy fix. We have at times had a man help out Vicario, it hasn't fixed the problem.

There remains real problematic imbalances in this squad. Particularly when important players are missing and/or not at their best. That's not fixed by not having a game for two weeks. Not when up against a really good team.

It might not get worse with us having added European games. It means the squad will need to be used more and young players will also have to get a chance away from the ultra high pressure spotlight of the PL.
I think it would be worse now with two games a week.

But I think we'll see some significant changes to the squad in the summer. So I don't think it will necessarily be worse with more games next season.

I’m starting to think that a new keeper might be more transformative for us. We are giving away numerous chances and pretty much a goal a game due to Vicario being absolutely awful dealing with inswingers directly into the 6 yard box. It is impossible to win competitions when giving the opponent a cheap goal a game in this way.

Must admit I've never been as impressed with Vicario as a lot of people.

I just assumed I was wrong, I usually am.
Fair play mate, I was just just teasing ya.. Just easy to question Vic when times are a bit tough. Personally I think he's been brilliant this season.

Could he improve on set pieces? Sure. But the whole team needs to, he needs help from the rest of em.

I think it would be worse now with two games a week.

But I think we'll see some significant changes to the squad in the summer. So I don't think it will necessarily be worse with more games next season.
All depends what Ange chooses to do with his kids
He has players like Philips, Devine, Donley, Dorrington, Moore, Veliz and other first team players who need games
It’s hurt us this year and has meant players who have struggled to get sharp have had to do it playing in the first team

Fair play mate, I was just just teasing ya.. Just easy to question Vic when times are a bit tough. Personally I think he's been brilliant this season.

Could he improve on set pieces? Sure. But the whole team needs to, he needs help from the rest of em.
I think people need to look at other keepers in this league and compare too
Allison (best in world IMO) has not had a top season and has had partial blame in quite a few goals (they looked better when Kelleher was in goal)
Reya started dodgy, still imo doesn’t command the defence and we saw yesterday how He can slip
Ederson has got away with loads too

Apart from Arsenal teams haven’t been keeping clean sheets much this season in comparison to previous years

I wouldn't worry about the players and Ange. IF he is not taking care of problems, discussing them, or addressing them, you will see the team no longer buying in. One thing you cannot dispute today is that we continued to buy in until the 96th minute.

Agree players still seem bought in, but I was talking more about confidence than buy-in.

But as you imply, hopefully Ange is dedicating more attention to addressing set pieces than he is letting on publicly.

I think people need to look at other keepers in this league and compare too
Allison (best in world IMO) has not had a top season and has had partial blame in quite a few goals (they looked better when Kelleher was in goal)
Reya started dodgy, still imo doesn’t command the defence and we saw yesterday how He can slip
Ederson has got away with loads too

Apart from Arsenal teams haven’t been keeping clean sheets much this season in comparison to previous years

Keeper is the hardest job in the team IMHO, and no I was never a keeper.

Must admit as a kid I seen some great keepers so it's a high bar I set.
Not saying Vic is a bad keeper, but I'm not convinced he's as good as a lot claim.
Like a lot of the team he's lost some bounce recently, the buzz is at a seriously low ebb.

I’m not convinced that Romero’s English is good enough for that role. I agree though that we need a captain who will be in the ref’s ear a lot more. The whole team also need to be far more streetwise, Arsenal schooled us in that respect yesterday.
I'm not sure who else could though. We have a team of quite "nice" players without a real edge.

Just watched the sky highlights on YouTube.
For the pen oliver emphatically waves that away, I mean really, really emphatically.
It wasn't a oh, it's iffy and var will sort it, it was a clear no, that is not a pen.
How can anyone see that and think that isn't a pen?
The penalty is absolutely inexplicable to me. He was a couple of yards away with a perfect view, Rice absolutely clatters Davies and the ball wasn't even close relatively speaking. It was so nailed on, I just can't see any justification for not giving it.

I don't buy the conspiracy theory because any major error like that will be pulled back by VAR. I don't like hammering refs but that was one of the worst on-field decisions I've ever seen.

Back