• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

Worry about a Plan B once we can see a Plan A
Plan A is play lots of intricate triangles throughout the pitch until the pen box where the constant rotation of the ball opens up space and allows for a easy shot on goal.

The problem is we aren't getting that rotation of the ball right. Too many 2nd touches, not enough passes through the line. Few players who can actually dribble and beat their man. It just means we end up playing a lot short square passes up to the pen box with the opposition defenders completely set up and ready to defend.

We need someone deeper in midfield who can play passes both over longer distances and accurately through the lines. We need to add variety to the way we play. I think we need at least one proper dribbler on the wing, I'd ideally like two but at least one dribbler and one creator and one of them able to reliably score goals. Plus a striker who can finish, and be involved in the play when neccesary. All imo of course.

They were absolutely brilliant after we scored in the way they slowed the game down. We could learn from that. The ref of course should've been more aware and issued warnings for time wasting, but they never do. I think Arse were very clever in how far they went with it, though.
The same ref who missed the penalty?

They were absolutely brilliant after we scored in the way they slowed the game down. We could learn from that. The ref of course should've been more aware and issued warnings for time wasting, but they never do. I think Arse were very clever in how far they went with it, though.

Their game management has come on from last season, they set up to shut out City away and executed perfectly- today they set up to keep things tight knowing we'd gift them goals- they didn't need to risk anything

Plan A is play lots of intricate triangles throughout the pitch until the pen box where the constant rotation of the ball opens up space and allows for a easy shot on goal.

The problem is we aren't getting that rotation of the ball right. Too many 2nd touches, not enough passes through the line. Few players who can actually dribble and beat their man. It just means we end up playing a lot short square passes up to the pen box with the opposition defenders completely set up and ready to defend.

We need someone deeper in midfield who can play passes both over longer distances and accurately through the lines. We need to add variety to the way we play. I think we need at least one proper dribbler on the wing, I'd ideally like two but at least one dribbler and one creator and one of them able to reliably score goals. Plus a striker who can finish, and be involved in the play when neccesary. All imo of course.
Too many see one touches because it’s being kept too long too.. so fudging slow at times

Their game management has come on from last season, they set up to shut out City away and executed perfectly- today they set up to keep things tight knowing we'd gift them goals- they didn't need to risk anything
It really was that simple
When they lined up for the first corner it was clear they had a plan .. all it needs was a good delivery
Then its lift off for them

I understand I'm going to be in a very small minority, but I come out of that feeling ok. Of course, I'm fudging fuming we lost to them, but thinking longer term I'm comfortable.

We completely dominated them in the first half and played some beautiful football. I honestly think I watched a different game when I read some comments. We had Romero's header glance past the post, hit the post and had a goal ruled out because VDV's arse is a millimetre too big all before they even had a shot on target. The PEH own goal happens in about 1/10 games.

I could be wrong but I cannot believe Kulusevski didn't get a penalty. From there it got bad...terrible to be that exposed, and absolutely criminal from the corner. Truly pathetic that Havertz scored from that.

The second half was scrappy and Arsenal didn't want to play...they've learnt a lot. As soon as they got the second -- probably well before that even -- they were killing the game. Every action of there's was to kill it. Unfortunately, we got sucked into their nonsense too much.

For me, it's the same problems. We just do not punish teams when we're on top. That first half was absolutely nowhere fudging near 0-3. But our inability to punish a team whilst also being so open at the back kills us.

But compare that to the ridiculously meek performance at home to them last season, where we didn't even venture over half way and lost 2-0...I'll take this. Going toe-to-toe with and out-performing one of the top two.

We're going to be so fudging good next season.

Not read through this thread but I thought we were brilliant today considering the oppo, no idea how we lost that! Well actually VAR didn’t help going 0-2 when it could have been 1-1, clear trip on Kulu.

Literally couldn’t believe we were 3 down at half time! Then to sit through Keane etc in the studio who seemingly hadn’t watched a minute of the game just purely commenting on the scoreline “Arsenal have been great, in complete control…”. Might as well had someone who’d watched the game via teletext give their views!

Romero and VDV were brilliant.

Ah man how did we lose that !!

I understand I'm going to be in a very small minority, but I come out of that feeling ok. Of course, I'm fudging fuming we lost to them, but thinking longer term I'm comfortable.

We completely dominated them in the first half and played some beautiful football. I honestly think I watched a different game when I read some comments. We had Romero's header glance past the post, hit the post and had a goal ruled out because VDV's arse is a millimetre too big all before they even had a shot on target. The PEH own goal happens in about 1/10 games.

I could be wrong but I cannot believe Kulusevski didn't get a penalty. From there it got bad...terrible to be that exposed, and absolutely criminal from the corner. Truly pathetic that Havertz scored from that.

The second half was scrappy and Arsenal didn't want to play...they've learnt a lot. As soon as they got the second -- probably well before that even -- they were killing the game. Every action of there's was to kill it. Unfortunately, we got sucked into their nonsense too much.

For me, it's the same problems. We just do not punish teams when we're on top. That first half was absolutely nowhere fudging near 0-3. But our inability to punish a team whilst also being so open at the back kills us.

But compare that to the ridiculously meek performance at home to them last season, where we didn't even venture over half way and lost 2-0...I'll take this. Going toe-to-toe with and out-performing one of the top two.

The issue most of us have is he sing fixing the clear and obvious issues
He doesn’t even seem to want too
The inability to defend set pieces is toxic for the way we play
We will always concede a decent amount of them because of the style of game. Before the city game we had a great record at defending them. Since then it’s almost one a game we concede

Yes, Kulu was definitely tripped.

So that’s a pen and obviously means their breakaway goal isn’t scored.

The issue most of us have is he sing fixing the clear and obvious issues
He doesn’t even seem to want too
The inability to defend set pieces is toxic for the way we play
We will always concede a decent amount of them because of the style of game. Before the city game we had a great record at defending them. Since then it’s almost one a game we concede

You're not going to get any arguments from me there. Our set piece defending is woeful. I don't know what happened, because like you said it was so good at the beginning of the season.

The one thing I would say is Vicario is too naive. Why doesn't he go down for the 3rd goal??

Yeh in the 20 mins of reflection I can go with that to a level.

Where I see us falling down isn't really what we do or don't do at the back.its turning domination into scores that dominate and demoralise sides that mean defending becomes easier too. I hate to use this as I've avoided it but we miss Kane and we are allowed to say it, yes the build elsewhere is because of his money but we navigate a season were his presence make us a much much better side, people will say that obvious but I'm talking from the point we sold him and we haven't even attempted to replace him .... to steal a moneyball line...not even in the averages.

Richy comes on and it changes us massively and I also think we can improve on him in the summer, that's how important that role is.

That an what has also become glaringly obvious a true number 6 and this side is pushed on massively.

Summer of a real choice, go bigger or spread the money, I personally go big for two players and fill the gaps with youth

Yeh in the 20 mins of reflection I can go with that to a level.

Where I see us falling down isn't really what we do or don't do at the back.its turning domination into scores that dominate and demoralise sides that mean defending becomes easier too. I hate to use this as I've avoided it but we miss Kane and we are allowed to say it, yes the build elsewhere is because of his money but we navigate a season were his presence make us a much much better side, people will say that obvious but I'm talking from the point we sold him and we haven't even attempted to replace him .... to steal a moneyball line...not even in the averages.

Richy comes on and it changes us massively and I also think we can improve on him in the summer, that's how important that role is.

That an what has also become glaringly obvious a true number 6 and this side is pushed on massively.

Summer of a real choice, go bigger or spread the money, I personally go big for two players and fill the gaps with youth

Totally agree. When Werner came off it was screaming for Rich and Son to the left. Arsenal are normally a lot more open and it might suit Son but they packed the box and that's when he's no good as the centre forward.

A proper DM and a clinical striker will change this team. I understand you could probably say that about any team...but with us it has the potential to propel us to a title challenge within 2/3 years.

Totally agree. When Werner came off it was screaming for Rich and Son to the left. Arsenal are normally a lot more open and it might suit Son but they packed the box and that's when he's no good as the centre forward.

A proper DM and a clinical striker will change this team. I understand you could probably say that about any team...but with us it has the potential to propel us to a title challenge within 2/3 years.
So Zokora and Soldado and we're on the race? Awesome!

Back