• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

To be fair, they gave it a good go second half. Application and effort were great as were the subs. Biss, Richy and Johnson did well and Sarr was outstanding. Thought Deki was very good central too. I'd play him there over Madders on Thursday. Madders, like Son, was poison.

If I was a Woolwich fan, I wouldn't be delighted with that. They managed that game horribly. Had they put their foot on our throat instead of timewasting, they would have scored more. And how the ref only added 6 minutes was bewildering. Should have been 10 with their time-wasting.

On the corners, we're Sunday league standard. Don't agree with zonal marking but if you do it, you can't mark zones in the middle of the goal and at the front post and look at the ball when they have 5 players at the back post who will all make a run. It's embarrassing and Vicario is also a liability under them. Great shot stopper but dreadful on crosses.

For us, we are what we are. Entertaining for sure, ridiculously over reliant on VdV and his pace and will be somewhere between 3rd and 6th for the next few years.

Small margins. So close to an equalizer on several occations. Then we conceede another two poor goals and deflate completely.

Without Raya's howler, we wouldn't have scored, IMO. The end result flattered our overall performance, but then again 0-3 at the break wasn't really representative of the chances in the first half. We were decent until 0-2.

But we've got a lot of work to do. Such incredibly poor goals to conceede. Can't see Ange being merciful in his post game team talk.

I was there. Don't know how it seemed on the TV but the goon c.nts were time-wasting from 0-0. Should have been alot more than 6 minutes added on at the end. Come on City.

Yeah they was. I admired their no nonsense defending. Just booting it clear when needed. Not to proud to play ugly

Dude I don't give a fudge about them. Stop deflecting I only care about Spurs. I want us to do well. fudge Arsenal or what they do. 😅
But we have to get it right both ends

Counter attacks come from our poor attacking

The set prices come form a poor set up

Fix that and you don’t need to score as many. Fix that and your likely to score more

Wonder how happy VDV is with our defensive strategy of 'over to you mate'. Each time he covered took him longer and longer to get up.

It's no a long term philosophy for me.
It's a fudging ridiculous way to defend. You won't find another defender as quick as him, he's a freak and he was asked on 4 or 5 occasions today to bail us out. Fair enough, we were chasing the game but it's a common strategy even when we're not.

Son and Maddison both need to take a seat for a game or two, then have a long hard look in the mirror to regroup. They're starting because of their place in the leadership group at the moment and it's costing us.
They have been poor for a while now.

Well at least it wasn't a massacre in the end I guess.

Cant really be surprised, when nobody can really offer anything positive pre game except 'It's a Derby, anything can happen' then that tells you all you need to know.

We are way behind the Goons, but they are at a different stage whilst we are just getting started. That being said, we are very predictable going forward and have been for some time. Hopefully that will change with more investment in the players Ange wants.

But for the love of GHod, if he doesn't set us up to defend better he is going to do no better in terms of quantifiable success than any of the previous managers....

I was there. Don't know how it seemed on the TV but the goon c.nts were time-wasting from 0-0. Should have been alot more than 6 minutes added on at the end. Come on City.
They were absolutely brilliant after we scored in the way they slowed the game down. We could learn from that. The ref of course should've been more aware and issued warnings for time wasting, but they never do. I think Arse were very clever in how far they went with it, though.

We are a one trick pony under Aussie Ardiles, it's not going to help throughout a full season. We have been found out easily and have been awful for the first half in the last 3-4 months. It's worrying that the manager has no idea how to change it up or manage the in game tactics.

Nice chap but I'm having serious relegation fears lol.

We are missing personnel to fit his system. If backed I think Ange can achieve. It's all well and good knowing our tactics but it's a different prospect if we execute them.

Levy needs to pony up the cash...our cash btw..Enic/Tavistock do not risk their money. They just leach off us and our clubs name. Ange ball could be successful if Levy changes a quarter of a century of being a desperately inept football chairman. I won't hold my breath. But with Ange it's always been about the second season.

Back