• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

I’ve had to Danny Rose two new words through Gg recently, Mendacity and then I discovered the Loris. As an oft critic of of our skipper, especially in big games the thought of him missing the game fills me with dread.
Anyway back to the Slow Loris, The slow loris kills by either biting with its mouth full of poison, or slicking its fur up with the toxin and waiting to be attacked. To be fair to the critter, its venom was probably developed for self-defense. Although it occasionally uses the venom to kill its prey, it is happiest just being left alone. You’d never think that to look at it!
887B7787-A794-4BFF-9152-0526349AF2DB.gif

Lovely dogs. Amazing food thieves. A lot of smoke and mirrors around selection, surely - very unclear what the real story is with Kane, Toby, or Hugo, all of whom are pretty much crucial - and Jose has a fair amount of previous for mendacity in this area.

True, I don’t think he’d waste mind games on arteta or arsenal though.

I’ve had to Danny Rose two new words through Gg recently, Mendacity and then I discovered the Loris. As an oft critic of of our skipper, especially in big games the thought of him missing the game fills me with dread.
Anyway back to the Slow Loris, The slow loris kills by either biting with its mouth full of poison, or slicking its fur up with the toxin and waiting to be attacked. To be fair to the critter, its venom was probably developed for self-defense. Although it occasionally uses the venom to kill its prey, it is happiest just being left alone. You’d never think that to look at it!
View attachment 10150

It the fast ones you need to worry about, they will fudge you up before you know they are there.

View attachment 10150

That’s our Hugo.

Very nice SoT
mendacity. Synonyms: deceit, deception, delusion, duplicity, error, fabrication, falsehood, falseness, falsity, fiction, guile, imposture, lie, untruth. Antonyms: candor, frankness, honesty, ingenuousness, reality, truth, truthfulness, veracity, verity

It's not even 8am and I'm learning

Stef - very nice post above about the spaniel, good effort. I'm not 400% sure your efforts had any effect on the pitch, but it was a good effort.
Mark - make sure you make yourself heard, if you're going. I imagine there will be a LOT of audible swearing from the fans. This is your chance to tell all of the players what you really think!

:D Regardless, I felt it particularly important to maintain the whisky part...and still do...:D

True, I don’t think he’d waste mind games on arteta or arsenal though.
That is a wonderfully understated yet withering slight againt our old friends. Cerebral resource, like most things, is ultimaty finite I suppose, so stands to reason that you would not wish to expend on those who do not merit it.

How far Arsenal have fallen.

That said, I hate these games! They always seem to feel close and tense, regardless of form.

That last one is personal. In our final season at the Lane and the next season at Wembley, I managed to get to 9 and 12 games for each of those seasons (not bad given the distance!)...I am the proud owner of a Spaniel and I enjoy whisky (and whiskey!). Early in that final season, I saw one of the bomb sniffing spaniels outside the ground, and petted it. I then found myself downing a quick double before heading in. We won. I repeated this specific pattern (find the bomb sniffing spaniel, pet it and slam a double) for the rest of the season and it worked every single time. Twice I had to lap the ground, West Ham home and Chelski home - glad I did!!!!!

The last time I tried this combo was before the last derby at Wembley, when I found the spaniel but failed to get the whisky; we drew as you'll remember and I was furious the entire match.

So, on Sunday morning, in front of my telly, I shall pet my own fudging Spaniel and have a cheeky 8.30am double.
And we will smash these fudging tossers.
Hart or no Hart.

I like to see all the big guns out for the NLD. Let's hope your pre-match ritual does the trick!

View attachment 10150

Always pleased to learn something new on this forum. Thanks for posting!

Seeing how excited the Chelsea fans have been tonight is making me very excited about tomorrow
The thousand of us in the ground I hope will sing as loud as possible, no happy clappers please

Back