• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL ***

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our players fit for this match. We should treat Apoel with full respect by playing our best available team. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get the all important win !

APOEL play 442. Poch will go 3 at the back. He always does against 2 strikers.

So same as saturday (3 at the back diamond in midfield) but Foyth for Vertonghen, Winks for Eriksen and Son for Alli.
Not sure we can risk introducing Foyth in vital CL game despite his solid debut against Barnsley.

Must win game especially as I can see Dortmund getting at least a point against Real tonight. I would go with;

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Davies
Dier Winks
Sissoko Kane Son
Llorente

Subs; Vorm, Foyth, Trippier, KWP, Oakley-Booth, Nkoudou, Edwards

Not really any game changers on the bench and would definitely give Nkoudou at least 20 minutes.

Never move the best #9 in Europe to accommodate anyone!

I'd go:

Vorm
Trippier Foyth Sanchez Davies
Dier Winks
Sissoko Son GKN
Llorente

His

So same as saturday (3 at the back diamond in midfield) but Foyth for Vertonghen, Winks for Eriksen and Son for Alli.

---------------------Lloris
-------Alderweireld Sanchez Foyth
Aurier---------------Dier-----------------Davies
------------Sissoko--------Winks
----------------------Son
----------------------Kane
this is what I expected, a case of trusting Foyth more than GNK to start, with the latter and Llorente giving us some attacking options if need be, if anything happens to a cb dier and winks will drop back and GNK will fill winks' place as I can't think of any centre mid for the bench.

The only thing I'd hate to see would be Davies going Lcb and Trippier at lwb again!

Bare bones

---------------------Lloris
-------Alderweireld Sanchez Foyth
Aurier---------------Dier-----------------Davies
------------Sissoko--------Winks
----------------------Son
----------------------Kane

Agreed, that's what I'd go with; tempted to try to get Llorente in there somehow but I'd want a back 3 and we need Son's movement/pace in central areas.

I do think this will be tougher than some people imagine - I've not seen them play however as someone else said, if you've been champions for a number of years then you have a system which clearly works and people understand, and they'll have played a decent amount of European football

Lloris

Aurier Alderweireld Sanchez Davies

Sissoko Dier Winks Son

Kane Llorente
hmmm, tough game. 2-1 to the mighty Lillywhites

Never move the best #9 in Europe to accommodate anyone!

I'd go:

Vorm
Trippier Foyth Sanchez Davies
Dier Winks
Sissoko Son GKN
Llorente

Wow! Very pleased that you're not manager then!

Vorm?
Trippier playing tonight and then at the weekend when Serge is out?
Two young CBs?

I assume you're not bothered about the CL as you seem happy to accept in-doing the great result against Dortmund

Hmm, a lot of injuries. Think we should try and pick as strong and experienced a team as possible:

--------------lloris
aurier-----toby-----sanchez*----davies
----------dier------winks
---sissoko-----------------son
-----------kane---llorente

That team will go between 442 and 433, or 4231 if Kane drops deep.

Need to dig out the win in this one, sets us up nicely for the games against Madrid.

*edit, forgot vert was suspended

Last edited:
Apoel know they have to defend well, and will try to sit in and fight hard. With that in mind, and Verts out, could see us playing 4 at the back. Get Winks and Son involved, or play 2 strikers.

Any adorably cute photos of animals yet ?

Wish we can have all our players fit for this match. We should treat Apoel with full respect by playing our best available team. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get the all important win !

And there was me hoping all our players were injured so we could have some sort of coaching team / traveling fan combined XI just for bricks and giggles...

Wow! Very pleased that you're not manager then!

Vorm?
Trippier playing tonight and then at the weekend when Serge is out?
Two young CBs?

I assume you're not bothered about the CL as you seem happy to accept in-doing the great result against Dortmund

No - I just trust our squad players against a Championship-level opponent

Not sure we can risk introducing Foyth in vital CL game despite his solid debut against Barnsley.

In the same vein, I don't think Poch will risk Sanchez in a back 2 against 2 strikers.

A Championship level opponent that got to the last 16 of the Europa League last season and Champion's League quarter finals in 2011-12?

And I still don't think Llorente is anywhere near fit. No here seems to realise he had no real pre season after breaking his arm on holiday.

Their better than you think and have a decent record

No game away from home in Europe is easy but we should have more than enough to get the job done

Last edited:
Back