• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL ***

All the good work achieved against Dortmund will be in vain if we drop points here. To finish top 2 in the group, we need to win this one, and the reverse fixture. I believe that we still have a decent team in spite of the absentees. So let's go there and show that.

What El G said. It will be extra difficult because of the absentees, but we need to beat Apoel home and away to have a realistic chance of progressing.

What El G said. It will be extra difficult because of the absentees, but we need to beat Apoel home and away to have a realistic chance of progressing.

I can't see Madrid or Dortmund getting anything else other than 6 points from their games against APOEL which means we really must keep pace by winning and winning well.

I can't see Madrid or Dortmund getting anything else other than 6 points from their games against APOEL which means we really must keep pace by winning and winning well.

We don't need to win well, as long as we win. Though, in terms of goal difference, it might make an impact later but no...if we can just win 1-0, then I'll be happy.

But what do people expect when they play each other? Best for us would be two draws, as it means 2pts lost in the table.

But what do people expect when they play each other? Best for us would be two draws, as it means 2pts lost in the table.

Madrid are dire right now, i can see Dortmund winning tonight. I ideally we want Madrid to win both games against Dortmund as they will do the same against us. So its really between us and Dortmund and our results against Apoel and against each other that will decide who goes through as the runner up in this group.

Apoel can be tough to beat at home. They're notoriously known for playing dirty and using every trick in the book to their advantage. We can't go out there tonight and expect to walk to victory. If we're not on from the get go we'll struggle. I want to see grit and fight tonight, we need to want this, otherwise we'll drop points. Get in!

Must win game especially as I can see Dortmund getting at least a point against Real tonight. I would go with;

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Davies
Dier Winks
Sissoko Kane Son
Llorente

Subs; Vorm, Foyth, Trippier, KWP, Oakley-Booth, Nkoudou, Edwards

Not really any game changers on the bench and would definitely give Nkoudou at least 20 minutes.

Made analysis with my gf yesterday, who will soon become a doctor.
Considering our short-term missing parts of the body (brain, one lung, one kidney, hepar and spleen), our starting line-up can possibly be:
--------------------------Bladder--------------------------
-Penis---Kidney--Transplanted Kidney---Ureter-
-----------------------------Lung-----------------------------
---Rectum----------Appendix--------Small bowel---
----------------------------Heart-----------------------------
---------------------Cardiostimulator-------------------

NOT looking good, but hopefully we'll survive at least in vegetable condition!

Last edited:
Made analysis with my gf yesterday, who will soon become a doctor.
Considering our short-term missing parts of the body (brain, one lung, one kidney, hepar and spleen), our starting line-up can possibly be:
--------------------------Bladder--------------------------
-Penis---Kidney--Transplanted Kidney---Ureter-
-----------------------------Lung-----------------------------
---Rectum----------Appendix--------Small bowel---
----------------------------Heart-----------------------------
---------------------Cardiostimulator-------------------

NOT looking good, but hopefully we'll survive at least in vegetable condition!

Rectum is not my favourite. Lots of blowing and ends up giving everything away.

Madrid are dire right now, i can see Dortmund winning tonight. I ideally we want Madrid to win both games against Dortmund as they will do the same against us. So its really between us and Dortmund and our results against Apoel and against each other that will decide who goes through as the runner up in this group.

If Dortmund are capable of beating Madrid there is no reason why we can't do the same

I wouldn't mind a good old fashioned 4-4-2 with Kane and Llorente up front, Son and Sissoko wide, Dier and Winks central midfield.
Harry%2BRedknapp%2Bwinking.jpg

Pochettino, though, says that his squad has the depth to cope and he knows how vital it will be to follow the 3-1 home victory against Borussia Dortmund from the opening round of Group H ties with another three points.

Apoel, the Cypriot champions, have proved a tough nut to crack at their home ground in recent times. They have won nine of their last 11 European ties there, losing only one, to Anderlecht in the last 16 of the Europa League last season, and they have conceded just five goals during the sequence. The scalps they have taken include Olympiakos and Athletic Bilbao. The atmosphere promises to be hostile.

However, Tottenham have been excellent away from home this season; they have a 100% record and have thrived when their opponents have brought the game to them. Moreover, Spurs have learned a few lessons from their failed Champions League campaign of last season.

“The main thing is that you cannot play the same way against every opponent,” Davies said. “We can’t always go gung‑ho against sides like maybe we do in the Premier League. Sometimes, you have to be able to soak up pressure and hit teams on the break. We were a lot more solid and patient against Dortmund and it worked. It was different to how we went into games last season.”

We did well to beat Borussia at Wembley in our first CL game. But we have to beat Apoel home and away to have any chance to progress to the next round. Surely, this is a must win match for us. On paper, this looks like an easy match. But don't think it will be as there are no more easy matches in football nowadays. Apoel have won the Cyrpus league for the last 5 seasons. It is never easy to play against national champions as they have the winning formula. Remember how we struggled to beat Azerbaijan champions Qarabag home and away in the EL in 2016 ? So, we have to give due respect to Apoel and take this match seriously.

Kane scored 2 goals against Borussia. Want to see him continue his goal scoring run in this match. Also want to see Florente getting some match play as well. Son and Eriksen can help us greatly if they can get a goal or two as well. Still wishing Eriksen can score direct from freekicks for once !

Our midfield looks unsettled without the injured Wanyama and Dembele. Hope they can be fit for this match. Sissoko still doesn't look very convincing in midfield. Hope he will put up a match winning performance here.

Our defence did well against Borussia until the late red card to Vertonghen. Hope we won't miss Vertonghen against Apoel. It will be interesting to see Alderweireld and Sanchez working together in defence without the influence of Vertonghen. Want them to concentrate fully in defence. Hope they won't get too ambitious in attack like Vertonghen did against Borussia.

All our matches are full of tension nowadays. Can see this match being another one. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves. Hope we will play to our full potential and get a comfortable win here.

APOEL play 442. Poch will go 3 at the back. He always does against 2 strikers.

So same as saturday (3 at the back diamond in midfield) but Foyth for Vertonghen, Winks for Eriksen and Son for Alli.

---------------------Lloris
-------Alderweireld Sanchez Foyth
Aurier---------------Dier-----------------Davies
------------Sissoko--------Winks
----------------------Son
----------------------Kane

Back