• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Three wins in a row, the gap to the top four going from almost irrelevant to perhaps manageable.

Mixed bag again in terms of performance, loads of work still left to be done of course, but some clear positives. Mourinho won't be happy conceding two a game for much longer, the defending is a real concern though I thought there were some improvements.

Vertonghen is obviously an upgrade on Rose and I think he has to play that left back position for now unless Rose somehow gets better.

Thought Ndombele was disappointing overall tough he had some very good moments too. Still looks like he's lacking fitness wise. I think Winks regains his place next game though we'll see.

Not as good from Aurier today, thought he got wrong side of his man several times, struggled to get back in position... though some good involvements going forward.

Dier still needs time and games, but might be showing signs of improvement?

Sissoko scoring and overall did alright. His kind of game against a team looking to have a lot of possession where there's plenty of situations to run into space.

Alli, Kane, Son, not flawless, but definitely finding their groove.

meteorology the biggest concern - dominate a game for 75 minutes, but still scrape through and almost give a draw away.

Players need to concentrate, someone needs to rip into them to make sure they do.

It takes the shine and morale boost off a victory, and six goals across three games is just living dangerously.

Yeah I always think if you concede two in a game, you're very lucky to win or even get a result. We can't keep doing it but I'm confident we won't.

There is only one reason we won that game. Just like the only reason we beat Soton with 10 men. What may that be? The Piratical OMT !!!!

Seriously, lots of positives going forward. Apart from some bad decisions ( and poor passes) in the final third, we could have had a hatful. I said on entering the pub before the game, that today would be the day Sissoko scored. What a finish!!

However, there remains some major problems with our defence. Dier again was dire. He was caught far too far forward on too many occasions and really didn't defend the area 5 to 10 yards outside our box at all well. His anticipation of danger seems to have disappeared. IMO, a top quality DM should now be Jose's first priority. We really must stop conceding two goals per game asap.

However, there remains some major problems with our defence. Dier again was dire. He was caught far too far forward on too many occasions and really didn't defend the area 5 to 10 yards outside our box at all well. His anticipation of danger seems to have disappeared. IMO, a top quality DM should now be Jose's first priority. We really must stop conceding two goals per game asap.

That's the role he is being asked to play. The passer (Winks/N'Dombele) is the deepest player, Dier is being used as a ranging disrupter. We definitely need cover for the position though because we don't have another natural for the position.

That's the role he is being asked to play. The passer (Winks/N'Dombele) is the deepest player, Dier is being used as a ranging disrupter. We definitely need cover for the position though because we don't have another natural for the position.

Don't really know what a "ranging disrupter" is! However, what I can see is a gaping great hole in front of our defense and I think we need someone to fill it urgently.

Absolutely.

I thought Dier did a fine job today in that role (albeit two misplaced passes) and it was again noticeable that when he got tired (still finding full match fitness IMO) the entire side's defensive performance dropped off. Also noticeable how much Dier and Dele work the spaces together in their respective ways (both are very pitch-smart footballers), and with both off the pitch, that side of our game disappeared. It is no mistake that Mou started "big-upping" Wanyama earlier in the week, and look for him to be fast-tracked as a sub option for Dier at such moments...

There is only one reason we won that game. Just like the only reason we beat Soton with 10 men. What may that be? The Piratical OMT !!!!

Seriously, lots of positives going forward. Apart from some bad decisions ( and poor passes) in the final third, we could have had a hatful. I said on entering the pub before the game, that today would be the day Sissoko scored. What a finish!!

Dier's got to be shipped out, seriously. I don't understand what either Poch or Mourinho see in him. He had great promise 3-4 seasons ago but injury, loss of form, confidence, etc has turned him into a Championship level player. We cannot move forward carrying someone like him who just gifts possession to opponents.

Dier's got to be shipped out, seriously. I don't understand what either Poch or Mourinho see in him. He had great promise 3-4 seasons ago but injury, loss of form, confidence, etc has turned him into a Championship level player. We cannot move forward carrying someone like him who just gifts possession to opponents.

He's coming back from fairly serious surgery that's really taken it out of him. We don't have anyone else in the squad with his skillset, so they're trying to play him back into fitness/form.

Table looking much better

3. Leicester 29
4. Chelsea 26
5. Spurs 20

We could end up chasing Leicester for half a season. Surely they couldn't stay ahead again.
Leicester should be 12 points clear of us tomorrow.
Chelsea are the target - it's almost as if somebody wrote the script.

He's coming back from fairly serious surgery that's really taken it out of him. We don't have anyone else in the squad with his skillset, so they're trying to play him back into fitness/form.
I think it's right.
See how he holds up into early Jan.
Bring in Matic if needed on short term deal - probably a good idea and rotate them. Then fully assess who can still do what in the summer.

I think it's right.
See how he holds up into early Jan.
Bring in Matic if needed on short term deal - probably a good idea and rotate them. Then fully assess who can still do what in the summer.

I don't think he'll do it but I'd like to see a N'Dombele/Lo Celso double pivot.

Back