• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT***Tottenham Hotspur FC v Woolwich Wanckers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...am-Hotspur-Premier-League-as-it-happened.html

6 chances/attempts before halftime with 3 good saves from Lloris plus all the possession they had. felt like they had so much time and space and were in control..but maybe it's just me...

In the first half, all I can remember from them is efforts from outside the box. They didn't create a chance (in the 1st half) as good as the one we made for Chadli. I couldn't care less if they won the passing, they'll probably win the passing against Chelsea and get battered.

We didn't control the game and looked like we might get away with it.

How would your opinion change with that performance had we lost?

We didn't control the game and looked like we might get away with it.

How would your opinion change with that performance had we lost?

We didn't lose though did we? I could equally suggest how would your opinion change had we been more ruthless on the counter attack and won the game by 2?

Controlling the game is overrated. Would be happy to see us learn to counter attack and deflate teams that way. Wenger has set his side up as a counter attacking side v us ever since the last time we beat them 2-1. And it's worked. They let us have the ball and then pick us off always looking comfortable. Yesterday I thought Pochettino played it perfectly given the fragile confidence we have. We did really well from a defensive point of view. I'm really proud of that.

Taken more joy from being resolute than anything else. I thought we weren't capable of it.

Controlling the game is overrated. Would be happy to see us learn to counter attack and deflate teams that way. Wenger has set his side up as a counter attacking side v us ever since the last time we beat them 2-1. And it's worked. They let us have the ball and then pick us off always looking comfortable. Yesterday I thought Pochettino played it perfectly given the fragile confidence we have. We did really well from a defensive point of view. I'm really proud of that.

Taken more joy from being resolute than anything else. I thought we weren't capable of it.

Totally agree.

They had 6 shots on target, we had 4. Lloris had to make a brilliant save from a Mertesacker header (set-piece) and sharp saves from long-range efforts. Anyone would think they continually carved us open, but they didn't. We defended deeper and defended our box very well.

Exactly. We controlled possession in both league games but lost them 1-0. We controlled the home game against West Ham last season lost 3-0.

That backs to the wall fighting performance will do wonders for the teams spirit and confidence. As will playing the same team with minimal changes. it take 5 games or more for players to settle.

The gooners on twitter with that "ball was over the line" pic are bloody comedy gold.

What an absolute worldie save by Hugo.

I seem to remember a similar doctored picture doing the rounds when Mata "scored" against us in the FA Cup semi final.

Yep, and neither crossed the line. All you have to do is roll on Hugo's save a couple of frames to see it bounces down on the right side of the line. Don't feel the save is getting the credit it deserves out there.

The other sides controlled the 60s FA Cup Finals, and we won them all.

:eek:

Bit of a sweeping statement there old boy! Okay it's a long long time ago so maybe my rose-tinted spectacles have taken on an even deeper hue over the succeeding decades, but I certainly don't remember anything like that. What's more a quick trawl of Google suggests that in each Final it was Tottenham who had the better of the play:

1961 FA Cup Final Spurs 2-0 Leicester City

Almost all the television, radio and newspaper commentators predicted a Tottenham victory but in post game reports all agreed that Spurs had looked out of sorts during the opening fifteen minutes and it was only when Chalmers was injured that they began to have the larger share of the game ...

1962 Final Spurs 3-1 Burnley

Both teams were playing the football they had been noted for that season and effectively cancelled each other out, resulting in no more scoring in the first period. Burnley's approach play was not matched by their finishing, which was less than clinical.
It only took Burnley five minutes of the second half to equalise, when Ray Pointer freed Gordon Harris on the left wing. He raced past Peter Baker and threw in a low cross, which found Jimmy Robson and his low shot went into the net through Brown's legs. However, a team are never more vulnerable than when they have just scored and John White took advantage of this, by making ground on the left wing past Angus and McIlroy, before standing up a cross into the box. Bobby Smith was stationed near the penalty spot and swivelled past Brian Miller to crash his shot into the goal to restore Tottenham's lead.
While Tottenham now had the confidence to dominate play, the rest of the match was not without it's scares. Jimmy Robson had the ball in the net again, but he was deprived of a second equaliser by the linesman's flag indicating he was offside. However, this was not to be the only talking point among the Burnley fans, as Mr. Finney angered them by awarding Tottenham a penalty with eight minutes remaining. A White cross saw Smith challenge Blacklaw and they both fell in a heap with Cliff Jones. The linesman flagged, seemingly for a foul on Blacklaw, but play continued and Medwin's shot was stopped on the line by the arm of Cummings. The whistle blew and the ref pointed to the spot. Spurs could have had no cooler head than Danny Blanchflower to take the spot kick and as he approached, he made a shimmy that was hardly noticeable and as Blacklaw sank to his knees, the ball disappeared into the left hand corner of the net toextend the Spurs lead.
The match was played out with Tottenham happy to keep possession and Burnley had given their all, but on the day, Spurs were just too good for them and retained the FA Cup and keep the tradition of Spurs in the competition.

67 Final Spurs 2-1 Chelsea

Spurs took the lead in the 40th minute, Jimmy Robertson scoring with a low right-footed strike from the edge of the penalty area. Tottenham continued to control the match in the second period, and scored a second goal midway through the half. Robertson was again involved, helping on a long throw from Dave Mackay that Frank Saul turned into the net with his right foot to the goalkeeper's left. Bobby Tamblingheaded Chelsea's goal in the 85th minute after a cross from the right which was missed by Pat Jennings.[SUP][1]
[/SUP]

Last edited:
There's a lot of digging at Sky on this forum, almost on a daily basis. A lot of it is persecution complex, but Sol Campbell as a pundit yesterday, Alan Smith as co commentator, now Ray Parlour on Goals On Sunday :lol:

There's a lot of digging at Sky on this forum, almost on a daily basis. A lot of it is persecution complex, but Sol Campbell as a pundit yesterday, Alan Smith as co commentator, now Ray Parlour on Goals On Sunday :lol:

add in bitter Redknapp and Martin Gooner Tyler and you wonder why people are complaining, you see the good and bad of Sky yesterday, the good being fantastic Ryder Cup coverage, the bad being their attitude towards teams not in their favoured five

add in bitter Redknapp and Martin Gooner Tyler and you wonder why people are complaining, you see the good and bad of Sky yesterday, the good being fantastic Ryder Cup coverage, the bad being their attitude towards teams not in their favoured five

Why do they have Alan Smith doing the comms on the derby? Even if he isn't biased (and he is), they must surely know that half the audience wishes he'd stfu.

I thought Redknapp was quite fair with us for a change, he even talked up the pressing work of Kaboul and Eriksen in the build up to the goal. Strangely I don't think Campbell was overly bias despite talking as an ex gooner, he actually stayed fairly neutral in his analysis. There are days when the commentators/pundits really show their bias (Thompson is a great one), but yesterday wasn't that bad when compared to other games.

Yep, and neither crossed the line. All you have to do is roll on Hugo's save a couple of frames to see it bounces down on the right side of the line. Don't feel the save is getting the credit it deserves out there.

The save was barely mentioned on MOTD.

Who the hell controls the game against Arsenal at the Emirates?

Some of our fans need to change their mentality a bit, we can't go everywhere and play in the same way. There needs to be some willingness to compromise on our attack (and mentality) to win.

They may have controlled the possession but in the first half especially, I never felt unduly nervous. They did turn the screw a bit after our goal though.

Impressed with that in the end, didnt think we had it in us.

Controlling s game possession wise is neither hear nor there. Liverpool had 30% possession against us at WHL and booted us 3-0 on the break.

Yesterday we looked the more threatening team in the first half had we not completely ****ed our final ball we coukd have murdered them on the break

Back