• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

~ OMT ~ TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC v Liverpool FC ~ THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL ~ 2019 ~

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let everyone write us off. They said we wouldnt get out of the group stages, they said we wouldnt beat Dortmund who were top of their league, they said City would smash us, they said Ajax had beaten Real and Juventus so we had no chance. I like everyone saying "in 2 days you will be crying". This is what football is about. The underdogs winning a final. It can happen. That's why I'm not saying anything other than "We can win this", not that "we will".
Absolutely. I didnt think we could do City over two legs but we did. We can do this,whether we do or not is another matter but if the last few CL games havent at least given our fans the belief we can win there is something seriously wrong....

I consider myself an optimistic, glass-half-full kinda supporter. While I certainly don't expect us to win, one thing I know for sure is that we can never be written off. We will not give up.

Whether it's 0-0 in the 85th minute or we're 3-0 down after ten, our players will keep going and going and going until the very death, we will not allow them comfort.

Poch demands it and our squad has proven itself to live by this attitude.

I don't expect to win, but I believe we can do. I believe our squad will do everything in their power to deliver us glory.

Like others have said, we can’t be giving away silly goals against a team like Liverpool. We need a mistake free 90/120 minutes of football.

Personally I would not start Kane as it’s a big ask to expect him to play 120 mins if it goes to extra time. I would start Son, Moura and Alli as the three attackers and have them move around and keep their defenders guessing. Poch will get criticised whatever he decides re Kane if we don’t win.

The Game Dissected: tactics that will decide the Champions League final

How will it play out?

The more I have thought about this game the more I have realised it is all about one man: Pochettino. Liverpool are favourites for this game. Not only are they the better side in terms of quality they are also a more complete side: they know their system, their tactics. They pushed Emirates Marketing Project all the way in the league and they have the experience of losing last year’s final to Real Madrid. This is their big chance; it’s up to Tottenham and Pochettino to spoil things for them. As discussed already, he has a number of difficult and interesting calls to make across the pitch. For what it’s worth I think it is a straight shoot-out between their star man, Kane, and the man who got them to the final, Moura.

Harry Winks, if fit, has to play alongside Mousa Sissoko and I would have Christian Eriksen dropping in to help win the ball off Liverpool and try to control possession, particularly early on.

Son Heung-min offers a goal threat, pace in behind and has been in brilliant form. And while Alli can be a divisive figure I don’t think you can leave him out. He’s a far more intelligent and hardworking player than people give him credit for and he is capable of changing a game with a moment of brilliance. He might try two ambitious, long-range passes which have Tottenham fans complaining but his third effort will be an inch-perfect pass which splits the opposition defence and puts a team-mate in on goal. Tottenham will need to be aggressive and unsettle Liverpool and this is something Alli is very good at too.

So that leaves one final place and I would go for Moura over Kane. This is not me getting all sentimental; I’m not picking him because of his semi-final hat-trick against Ajax. I think Moura’s pace and skill can combine well with Son to press Liverpool’s defenders and also cause problems on the counterattack. Alli and Eriksen could sit deeper and also play quick balls in behind, particularly if Alexander-Arnold and Robertson are caught upfield. And then, if the game is tight, who better than Kane (who can’t be fully fit given his recent injury) to come off the bench to pinch a late winner? Sorted.

And finally, as ever, both teams will hope to start well but given their performances in the competition this season Tottenham will be desperate for a rare composed opening.

I'd say it's got to be Kane and Moura. Son has been off form recently and is the one who probably should miss out. He's also a great option to have on the bench for the last 25 mins.

I'd say it's got to be Kane and Moura. Son has been off form recently and is the one who probably should miss out. He's also a great option to have on the bench for the last 25 mins.

The big question to me is one that we can't answer. How fit is Kane? If he is close to fully match fit he starts, with the choice between Moura and Son probably coming down to recent form. If Kane is not ready for 90 minutes, then starting Moura and Son makes sense. Both have got goals throughout the campaign and the two of them might make a more difficult match-up for Liverpool. Pace to trouble their CBs and getting behind their fullbacks. Forcing a more conservative game from their fullbacks helps us defensively.

Does anyone have any pre match rituals? I shall be going to the Synagogue on Saturday morning to immerse myself in holy thoughts, before returning home to put on women's clothes and sit in a bath of Custard to watch the final. I'm confident of a Spurs win.
Based on a number of our CL matches so far I should watch the first half, get incredibly depressed at our ineptitude and then go for swim training as even that seems better than suffering through ignominy. I'll then get out of the pool only to be ridiculously surprised to find out that we've managed to get ourselves out of whatever predicament we were in and got the result we needed. I'll then go home and watch the second half on fast forward...

Unfortunately the pool is closed on Saturday evenings so I won't be able to do this, and we'll therefore start off badly and never recover.

Sorry

The big question to me is one that we can't answer. How fit is Kane? If he is close to fully match fit he starts, with the choice between Moura and Son probably coming down to recent form. If Kane is not ready for 90 minutes, then starting Moura and Son makes sense. Both have got goals throughout the campaign and the two of them might make a more difficult match-up for Liverpool. Pace to trouble their CBs and getting behind their fullbacks. Forcing a more conservative game from their fullbacks helps us defensively.

Wouldn't you start the player who couldn't do 90 minutes, and play him till he starts to fade? If we bring him on and something is wrong, we've used up 2 subs. Bearing in mind there might be extra time too, so a 30 minute run-out might become a 60.

Liverpool are going to be the favourites for sure but imo that is a good thing as all the pressure is on them ( especially having lost it last year). We/us never expected to be in the CL final and yet we are, we have not played as well as we can this season in many games, we have really suffered with injurys and players off form, we have come back from the dead many times to get to the final as well.

I am begining to think /believe that our name is on the cup and although i hate tempting fate i really think we will win this. GHod knows how many tears i will shed when we do this ( and anyone who knows me will tell you its not in my nature) but i did in Amsterdam and i will in Madrid when we win it. This club has played a major part of my life and here we are on the verge of making history.

Over 50 nearly 60 years of being a supporter and this will be the best night of my life when we win.

TediousSafeAnnelida-small.gif

Team news @Spurs7891

Like others have said, we can’t be giving away silly goals against a team like Liverpool. We need a mistake free 90/120 minutes of football.

Personally I would not start Kane as it’s a big ask to expect him to play 120 mins if it goes to extra time. I would start Son, Moura and Alli as the three attackers and have them move around and keep their defenders guessing. Poch will get criticised whatever he decides re Kane if we don’t win.
The last sentence is massively spot on. Not only for Kane, but all decisions Pochettino makes. We will never know what would have happened if he chose otherwise and he deserves our full support regardless of what he does.

Back