• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur at Wolverhampton Wanderers

We could all see how many problems Traore caused us yesterday. I would be genuinely curious about the impact that would have with players like Kane, Son, Alli etc around him to exploit the space and chaos he causes.

He would add physicality if played when Kane wasn't playing because of injury/rotation. Not a target man in the traditional sense, but someone you can ping the ball to in a close duel and expect him to keep possession fairly often, unlike what happens too often when we play without Kane, able to keep the ball and let us progress down the pitch. At the same time a great threat on the break.

And he's only 25. He's matured quite a bit from the player he was 4-5 years ago. Can he take further steps? I don't know, but I know who should know and that's Nuno.

If a striker good enough to be a viable backup for Kane, who is either happy as a backup or capable of playing other roles to get games with Kane is available and gettable that would be my preference. But I could definitely see the value in going for Traore.

The price seems a bit steep. But he is PL proven and 25.

Don't think it's particularly likely, the cost seems high and we have other areas to focus on too, but personally I would be happy if we managed to sign him.

A massive upgrade on both Bergwin and Lucas in my view. Saudi Sportswashing Machine's St Emilion (?sp) the same. What should not be forgotten was the chances he set up for others. Kane and Son would be licking their lips.

We had zero attacking play before Wolves started committing more players forward as they were getting desperate. We're still half-decent as a counter-attacking team but our inability to keep hold of the ball is worrying.
I think Nuno was being uber pragmatic after we scored i.e. defend with 4 at the back (not high full backs) and 3 in front of the back 4 to plug the half spaces... make Wolves try to find a way through those 7 and Lloris.
He was proven right.
We'll never know how we would have played if Wolves had scored after 10 minutes; we may have played completely differently.

I think Nuno was being uber pragmatic after we scored i.e. defend with 4 at the back (not high full backs) and 3 in front of the back 4 to plug the half spaces... make Wolves try to find a way through those 7 and Lloris.
He was proven right.
We'll never know how we would have played if Wolves had scored after 10 minutes; we may have played completely differently.

and lost!

He was proven right.

True but even then we struggled to do anything with the ball. Playing it long to Son proved utterly pointless (the difference with Kane, once he came on, was huge). At the same time, Dele, Hojbjerg and Skipp failed to keep hold of the ball, let alone create anything. The build-up play looked promising on the penalty but that's one half-chance in 90 minutes. Again, you can't argue with the result but our performance left a lot to be desired.

As a side note, I fail to see how this approach fits in with Levy's letter about Spurs' DNA...

True but even then we struggled to do anything with the ball. Playing it long to Son proved utterly pointless (the difference with Kane, once he came on, was huge). At the same time, Dele, Hojbjerg and Skipp failed to keep hold of the ball, let alone create anything. The build-up play looked promising on the penalty but that's one half-chance in 90 minutes. Again, you can't argue with the result but our performance left a lot to be desired.

As a side note, I fail to see how this approach fits in with Levy's letter about Spurs' DNA...
I guess levy is sitting there thinking 2 games in and we’re joint top…

I actually didn't think we played that bad in the second half, kane should have scored, and we had a couple of other chances, retained the ball much better as well. First half was a tough watch though.

He would do the same for us, we all loved when Lennon got the ball.

Trick is as I said, can you use him to create space for other attackers and/or could you teach him every now and to pass the ball early

Good point about Lennon, his end product wasn't the best but he was still excellent for us. Traore used to actually provide decent crosses from the right to Jimenez on a regular basis, often from difficult angles and under pressure. With Kane, Son and Dele at the other end he could be an excellent acquisition. When he's on form he is literally unplayable. He made Tanganga look weak physically on Sunday.

He would do the same for us, we all loved when Lennon got the ball.

Trick is as I said, can you use him to create space for other attackers and/or could you teach him every now and to pass the ball early

For what it’s worth i think I’ve changed my mind on him, think you could be right

Back