• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

So far two beautifully taken goals keep us ahead, bit lucky with a couple of clear headers they had - one going wide, one hitting the x bar and rebound going out. They had a 15-20 minute spell in total control.

Focus.

I can't stand Parker and Adebayor any more.

Neither can play football properly.

Parker tries but is constantly out of position and always chooses the wrong pass.

Adebayor hardly even tries any more - he drops deep because he doesn't want to get through on goal. You won't see a weaker attempt 1-on-1. The guy is shot.

I would LOVE to see us play with 11 men on the pitch, but with those two bozos, a weakened left side and Friedel in goal, I fear a second half fightback once Swansea realise we are a 3 man team - Vertonghen, Bale and Lennon.

Great performance so far on the whole. But a worrying triangle for me is Parker going back which itself isn't a problem but then giving it to Dawson and Walker, who seem intent on handing Swansea a lifeline. We need to give them some easier passes, because Swansea started to press us hard down that side and we showed plenty of weakness. Dembele and Parker just need to make sure there is an easy out for Daws and Walker

All about the ebb and flow of the game. It was vital we rode out that pressure at the end of that half. Just divide the game into milestones and see it through. If we dishearten them then we can enjoy our football again

When the back four start passing across the field between themselves I can just hear my dear old departed dad ( a season ticket holder in the 50's through to the 70's) shouting STOP tinkling ABOUT AND GET IT FORWARD!
I find myself agreeing.

Some people seem to think the Defoe is quicker than Ade? Defoe may be quick over 2 or 3 yards but he isn't a very pacey player. Total misconception.

Adebayor is much much more Rapid than Defoe ever was.

We've looking pretty professional out there today.
Adebayor looks to have a lot more energy after his 2 week break.

Adebayor was rather stupid with that kick out to get booked. Generally he looked a lot more lively then recently. I wish he had scored that chance. Would have done wonders for him and us

Some people seem to think the Defoe is quicker than Ade? Defoe may be quick over 2 or 3 yards but he isn't a very pacey player. Total misconception.

Adebayor is much much more Rapid than Defoe ever was.

Agree. People think Defoe is quick because he's short and black and that just because the vast majority of 100m runners are black, then he must be quick as well

Very good 1st half. probably the best we have played all season 1st half hour. Ade holding ball up well but should score there. Slightly disappointed with Sigg but FFS Parker must think we are in white today.

A couple of very clumsy defensive clearances in the last 15 minutes but you have to be happy with 2-0 up away from home.

I have to say I think Swansea are a bit on the dirty side and I just remembered (I think) that they were the same at the Lane.

We needed the half time whistle there. Started really well and exploited a passive Swansea-team. Two terrific goals as well. As opposed to most other teams we seem to lose confidence after going two goals up early though. Suddenly no one can strike the ball cleanly or bring a ball down. Hopefully we can get out act together at half time and get an early third goal to kill the game off.

Agree. People think Defoe is quick because he's short and black and that just because the vast majority of 100m runners are black, then he must be quick as well

To be fair when he was 22/23 and first with us he was damn quick. Definitely has lost several yards of pace now he's getting older.

Before this thread goes into melt down (like it seems to every time we concede) prepare for Swansea to score. We'll still get the 3 points though. Faith.

I predict we'll start the second half slowly, Swansea will beat on the door until they score. We will then panic and go hell for leather and try to wake up, but it will finish 2-2. Maybe I am Mystic Meg, maybe I am Hully2. But we're showing signs of weakness down our left, and they have shown some beautiful passing moves to slice through our back line - the chances just haven't fallen to Michu... YET. I'm pretty sure he'll score and we can have a big ol' debate about how old Friedel is.

Back