• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS vs Vitesse

Can't argue with that. I'd be very happy with a draw tonight, especially if Scarlett gets on the scoresheet.

Still, a back 4 of Tanganga-Sanchez-Rodon-Davies will have had plenty of time together on the training pitch, and even on the actual pitch. Tanganga-Sanchez in the Prem and Rodon-Davies for Wales.

Winks, Lo Celso, Dele and Bergwijn should also be more than used to each others' games. We must have had those 4 on the pitch together in various league matches.

That leaves Scarlett, who needs to be able to play as a lone striker if he's ever going to get anywhere, and Gil, who's just a bloody exciting player.

It's for matches like these that we really need another senior centre forward. Vinicius would have been great at the right price.

I was wholeheartedly with you til the last sentence! I thought he was bang average and the right price was never something which Benfica would have accepted

Their new number 9 on the other hand, Darwin Nunez, looks a real handful though debatable whether we need yet another south american given the disruption after international windows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Núñez

I have to admit, i barely care about this game and am only thinking about the West Ham game on Sunday.
I would love to see Bergwijn start and score though and it would be good to see Rodon play with Sanchez to see if they'd be viable (and to save Romero for Sunday)

The Spurs team is as everyone predicted. Gollini, Tanganga, Sanchez, Rodon, Davies, Winks, Lo Celso, Gil, Alli, Bergwijn, Scarlett

Love that he's saving our better players for West Ham. Will be great to see Gil and Bergwijn. Just hope they don't get totally embarrased as that subs bench, well..
I wonder if Rodon can push himself into starting on Sunday given West Ham's expertise on set-pieces.

I have to admit, i barely care about this game and am only thinking about the West Ham game on Sunday.
I would love to see Bergwijn start and score though and it would be good to see Rodon play with Sanchez to see if they'd be viable (and to save Romero for Sunday)

Me neither. Would take a loss or a draw tonight if it meant we would win on Sunday. We should still qualify comfortably regardless of what happens tonight. The first teamers can play the home games. I want to win every competition we enter but I’m not for prioritising this or the Europa league over everything else.

Vitesse are currently in 6th place in their domestic league, having a goal difference of -6. They lost 2-1 to Rennes last time out in this competition but have won their last two league games. Federiksen will be the one to watch out for. They seem to pic up quite a few bookings and have a black and yellow kit, waspish. They are one point below us in this competition and need a win to get back on track. We need to keep the momentum going. I would have expected the usual mix of fringe players with Harry Kane and Son on the bench, however Nuno seems be taking a bit of a gamble with Sundays cup final in mind. It's going to be a tough match, we will need to be disciplined and keep our heads. A Deli tap in and Lo Celso free kick will give us the win. Would like to see Scarlett on the score sheet.

C O Y S
sEqU7wF4_t.jpg

Tottenham XI (4-2-3-1): Gollini; Tanganga, Sanchez, Rodon, Davies; Winks, Lo Celso; Bergwijn, Dele, Gil; Scarlett.

Pretty decent second string!

Nuno has done exactly what a lot of us have been asking of a Spurs manager when we get to some of these Europa games. Leave the first 11 at home and give the squad a run out, hope it pays off and hope he doesn’t get dogs abuse if it ends up in a bad result/performance. Judge him on Sunday I say COYS

Nuno has done exactly what a lot of us have been asking of a Spurs manager when we get to some of these Europa games. Leave the first 11 at home and give the squad a run out, hope it pays off and hope he doesn’t get dogs abuse if it ends up in a bad result/performance. Judge him on Sunday I say COYS

Absolutely this. In the Europa or Europa conference group stages you have the advantage of losing a game here and there and it not mattering.
If we lose 4-0 today but win on Sunday, all will be good

Substitutes
  • 40Austin
  • 42White
  • 43John
  • 46Fagan-Walcott
  • 47Clarke
  • 50Cesay
  • 51Craig
  • 52Craig
  • 53Lyons-Foster
  • 54Markanday

I didn't know until now that Michael & Matthew Craig are identical twins...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1597...chael-matthew-craig-europa-conference-league/

Would be weird for them both to play in CM at the same time :) I wonder are they identical in ability?
Isn’t it common for one twin to be left handed and the other right? Sessegnon’s twin brother is a right back I think?

Back