• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs PSV ***

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we have already blown it and should rest a few where possible. Give Kane a rest and play Son up top. I can see us beating both Inter and PSV but we wont get anything against Barca. Even if they have guaranteed top spot. Realistically we arent going to win the CL, i think whats important for the status of the club is to win a trophy and get another CL place. Thats where all our efforts should be.

Audere est facere

Isn’t it only 1 extra round compared to the CL if we drop in from the CL?

I think it's about the effort required to achieve the prestige of each trophy - it might be the same outlay, but the reward for victory is perceived differently. I'd like to push all out in europe though, and I'm not especially fussed if it CL or EL knockouts - I'd want to try at both. Would I accept 6th and an EL win? Definitely, but 6th and an EL semi-final loss? Thats a bit harder to swallow, so I totally understand where the other views in the argument come from.

Im happy with pushing for it. Seems silly not to.

Could not agree more.

Seeing as i have heard for the last few years that being in the CL is the most important thing for us as a club( and by doing so have passed up on winning other trophys) then for anyone to suggest that we do not take this game as a " must win" is sad.

Or just try and win the EL. Silverware is silverware

Amen brother.

Have we passed up other trophies? That would suggest they were there for the taking and we opted out - simply not the case for me.

We have gone into every cup game with a team capable of winning. That we havent is the nature of cup football, not by design IMO.

Looks like Wembley will be emptier tomorrow than for Emirates Marketing Project match :oops:

Hopefully the pitch has recovered from the American eggball at least

View attachment 5201
Uefa feel the need to inspect the pitch, yet didn’t mind Young Boys having AstroTurf? I’m sure there are worse surfaces in the lower level European leagues too. Does it get called off if they don’t approve??

Uefa feel the need to inspect the pitch, yet didn’t mind Young Boys having AstroTurf? I’m sure there are worse surfaces in the lower level European leagues too. Does it get called off if they don’t approve??

Presumably it's the NFL markings that upset them, rather than the surface itself.

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Aurier
Sissoko, Winks
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Skipp, Lamela, Lucas, Llorente

Back