• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

For a long time it had seemed as though Tottenham Hotspur would be unable to match the accuracy of those supporters who amused themselves during the difficult moments by pinging snowballs towards the Manchester United players. One hit Patrice Evra on the backside. Another rebounded off Rafael's shoulder. Yet Spurs kept us waiting before finally getting past an inspired goalkeeper and showing some form of precision themselves.

Then the giant clocks at their end of this stadium ticked into 90 minutes. The electronic board had gone up to flash there were would be only three extra minutes to save themselves and, around the ground, there was the clank of plastic seats being emptied as early-leavers decided they had seen enough.

Tottenham, however, deserved that moment when David de Gea punched a cross into Aaron Lennon's path and the most dangerous player on the pitch turned the ball into Clint Dempsey's path. De Gea, outstanding all afternoon, was hopelessly exposed this time and the American turned in the goal that restricted United's lead over Emirates Marketing Project at the top of the table to seven points.

To lose a goal so late on will be a bitter blow for Sir Alex Ferguson. They had led, from the 25th minute, when Robin van Persie headed in Tom Cleverley's cross for his 22nd goal of the season.

Yet they had to defend with great diligence to keep out their opponents. De Gea's shot-stopping in those moments was outstanding while Rio Ferdinand played as if affronted by the mistakes he had made when these sides met at Old Trafford in September. Patrice Evra, however, had a torrid time against Lennon, who fast and direct and demonstrated not for the first time that he is the player United's left-back has the most trouble with.

Dempsey had shot straight at De Gea after running clear, while Jermain Defoe had missed more chances than he will care to remember. Yet Spurs kept pressing and eventually their reward came.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/20/tottenham-manchester-united-match-report

AVB: "It was a big relief. I thought we dominated the complete game. We could not get in behind them a lot but had 15 opportunities. We have talented players and we gave them different problems, the team came out very strong in the second half. I think the boys have embraced the spirit that we want to be in the Champions League next year, and you need to amass as many points as possible."

"We wanted to win, but it was an important point in the end due to the form United are in. A point can give us a lot of confidence."

BBEkpyiCIAA4oak.jpg

All those attempts to theirs, we bossed that game, but it was a proper Man Utd away performance says Neville, ok then...

What he's getting at is that United soaked up a lot of pressure.
That's what they'll have to do against Madrid.

Bloody hell lads, since when has Lennon been a top-class winger? Celebrated that as if it were us that scored it. Thoroughly deserved result that, well done.

All season he has been fantastic, all the media go mad on bale, bale, bale, lennon is so underated its unreal, he is far better defensively than bale too, but never gets the plaudits...

Our player of the season for me

Sandro Raniere ‏@sandroraniere
Yesss....Great guys ... I always believed you could do it ... Come on you Spurs ...

Alex Ferguson: "That massive snowballs attack on Patrice Evra by Spurs fans was absolutely ridiculous He is lucky still to be alive."

Went to Arse Mania to catch up on their despair. Not quite what I expected:

Dempsey makes it 1-1..
Brilliant. Well deserved as well.
Good result for us, we'll be 4 points behind Spurs if we beat West Ham.
I think its was fair result for spuds they work hard at 2nd half.
Glad Manure dropped points, I'm a City fan this season in terms of the title race. Hopefully the Champions League brings City in even more as I expect Manure to atleast reach the CL final, 2nd best team in Europe for me.

Spurs look good, and Villas Boas is very classy, credit where it's due.

Hahahahaha

Nice touch from the #Spurs announcer at the end, to wish all the #manu fans a safe journey home to Essex.

As I said before the game, I didn't think we'd lose and we didn't.

All the negativity and pessimism how United were gonna win, dominate us, blah, blah, blah.

Never agreed with it, never happened.

Oh and Carrick the master footballer, don't think so.

I wasn't worried about him before the game, wouldn't be worried about him if we played them tomorrow.

Scholes is still better than him and he's 146.

The player I was worried about is the player anyone should worry about, RVP. The best player in the country.

He, as much as Chelsea, robbed us of CL football last season.

If Arsenal still had him, they'd finish above us this season too.

So pleased for Clint, one of my favourites at Spurs. Absolutely love the guy, a fighter to the end.

We deserved a draw/win against the best team in the country.

All credit to Spurs, now 7 points ahead of Arsenal, and I don't see us collapsing this season.

I think Utd got their tactics all wrong. The commentators even mentioned that they set up to be defensive and then break us down and hit us on the break. But because of this style they never got really going attacking wise. When they did really go at us at times we looked a bit fragile and were pulled apart by their movement.

Good result and fully deserved, we continue to pick up points where we may not have done.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like we are perhaps maybe slightly over-achieving based on the quality of our squad. Yes we have some great players, but the lack of depth upfront compared to the top teams is obvious, and that's where most of the points will be won.

Back