• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Spurs vs Leipzig***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some of our problems are due to the way we are set up, but not all of it. Poor execution of the basic skills is killing us. Control, pass, move, track your man, stay goal side of your man. It's a simple game really.
How many times has Upamecano made fouls high up the pitch? 3?4? Our centre backs look tethered to the 18 yard box, that's always going to make things tough on a back three imo.

Im talking about general play rather than the goals. Tactically we are inviting them right on to the 18 yard box.

There is little else we can do, tactically.

No defensive midfielder, no fitness to press high, no forwards to win the ball high and keep it there. The only thing we have is a degree of pace up front - otherwise we are utterly without options. That in turn means the only thing we can do is draw them on to us and hope there are spaces in behind to play the ball into.

But without a defensive midfielder, that means drawing them to the edge of the 18-yard box and hoping against hope that our defenders and keeper are up to par.

They are not.

Maybe. But if Hugo had done a very basic job it would be 0-0.

he's having a shocker, it does highlight the long term mental preparation failure of our current and previous coaching teams that our performance level dropped instantly though

Spot on. At the end there, one of their lads ran about 30 yards unchallenged because we had no one in front of our back 4. fudging terrible stuff.

With 5 at the back, defenders need to step out and help in midfield. But we're not practiced. We've not built on any settled foundation this season. Poch constantly changed things trying to find the right formation and team (my biggest criticism of him at the end was not backing and sticking to his preferred side).

Is it just me? I think Winks is totally out of his depth at Prem and european level. Like a lost boy at this level. Unless Levy has a total turn around money wise we will struggle to re build. No CL football means a massive loss of income and the ability to attract top class players.
Lets hope for an Ajax type miracle
COYS

Time and again we looked open in midfield.

Hugo, Aurier, Tanganga all could have done better. But neither were simple saves. Hugo will be disappointed he didn't get a stronger hand to both, but not all keepers would get anything on those powerful shots.

I expect more from our goalie and I suspect Hugo expects more from himself too...

RB are not even playing at full pelt ..All our opponents know that a little bit of pressing on their part and we will serve up mistakes...We're a mess under a little pressure...

I fail to see how this squad is his fault

I fail to see how Dombele being half arsed is his fault

Pretty obvious we need 2/3 windows to sort this shambles out.
Jose should be able to put a team together who can defend. He had a window to bring in a defensive midfielder.

I'm working freelance tonight, earning some extra coin.. Glad that's the case and I'm not watching these pampered clams bottle out...

From the bbc:
When I was in the other night covering Tottenham v Norwich Jose Mourinho said the club had to decide if they wanted to prioritise Burnley or this game.

Looks like a 1-1 draw at Turf Moor was the decision they made.

Exactly. Why is everyone forgetting the previous 12 months like they were any better, cause we fluked a cup run?

Because THAT 12 months was the result of Pochettino being fudging ignored and taken for granted "Oh he'll work another miracle" and you know what? He did! He fudging did! If you don't understand/refuse to try and understand the difference between hard times under him and hard times now, then I think we have little more to discuss.

Interested to hear from you your thoughts on what you would like to see happen at spurs moving forward

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Nothing will change

Jose will want loads out and money to spend
Levy will haggle over the fees for those players, it will drag on all summer
We will end up missing out on the players Jose wants
He will leave
The players who we needed out will still be here
Kane/Son will leave

Levy will still charge ridiculous prices for matches and the stadium will be a third empty

They attack with pace and go straight at goal. We attack with pace until we reach about 30 meter from goal. Then we stop and wait until they can get all their players back. WHY? JUST fudging WHY? It's the same every fudging time!

Back