• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - SPURS vs LASK***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ok so now i see why Jose put a strong team out. That was awful still. Look so lost without Kane. Just no fight which was disappointing, and dont think Lo Celso and Ndombele work in tandem.

Hart, well, that's why no one else went for him, he's a leader, but not a very good goalkeeper, the second was a save but he used his forearm inexplicably?

Speaking of the second, down Sanchez side, look how he steps up and completely loses the ball and runner. Poor.

that's why Jose started Rodon over him last week v Chelsea.
Sanchez was atrocious
And why hart was using his forearm like that was just odd

Few of those players can be happy with their performances in that game. Lo Celso seems to have copied Eriksen’s near post corner technique. Doherty looked lost against their left winger. Sanchez heads every ball directly down into the ground. Hart couldn’t catch Covid. Davies is so slow. Embarrassing night for Spurs.

Most players have a dominant or stronger foot. Some special players like Kane, Son and Ronaldo are just as comfortable on their weak foot but they wouldn’t take a pelanty left footed for example. I can think of players in our squad who pretty much refuse to use their foot.
So you know they're left footed because they're not very good with their right foot?

That sounds like a very circular argument and a lot of selection bias in with it.

Without wanting to give too big an excuse

Red Bull Salzburg are fairly decent (playing Bayern, Atleti, Lokomotiv in CL) and LASK are right up their jacksie in the table... so PERHAPS some of those players are actually decent and will move to Leipzig then Dortmund then Bayern then we will go "ooohhh, they really were decent". Or maybe not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/austrian-bundesliga/table

So you know they're left footed because they're not very good with their right foot?

That sounds like a very circular argument and a lot of selection bias in with it.

There of course plenty of right footed players who aren’t very good on their left, and yes there are far fewer predominantly left footed players than right footed players but I don’t see that many righties not even using their left foot at all like a lot of left footed players don’t even use their right foot. There’s a difference between not being as good on your weak foot and rarely using it at all. Bale could have rolled the ball across to Son who would have had a tap in but used the outside of his left. Still should have made the pass whatever foot he used but surely could have used his right foot in that situation?

There of course plenty of right footed players who aren’t very good on their left, and yes there are far fewer predominantly left footed players than right footed players but I don’t see that many righties not even using their left foot at all like a lot of left footed players don’t even use their right foot. There’s a difference between not being as good on your weak foot and rarely using it at all. Bale could have rolled the ball across to Son who would have had a tap in but used the outside of his left. Still should have made the pass whatever foot he used but surely could have used his right foot in that situation?
Unless they heavily prefer one foot over the other, how do you know they're left footed in the first place?

Sounds far more like you're taking the sample of left footed players to be all the players you've seen avoid using their right foot.

Unless they heavily prefer one foot over the other, how do you know they're left footed in the first place?

Sounds far more like you're taking the sample of left footed players to be all the players you've seen avoid using their right foot.

Is that a serious question? We all know Lloris is left footed, Kane is right footed, bale is left footed, Lo Celso and Lamela both left footed and Sissoko is.....ok the jury is still out on that one.

Impossible to motivate players for a game like that:

"We need a draw to be sure of qualifying"
"But won't a win help us top the group?"
"No win, lose or draw the only way we can top the group is by beating Antwerp in the final game"
"Oh, best just not get injured for Arsenal then"

Red Bull Salzburg are fairly decent (playing Bayern, Atleti, Lokomotiv in CL) and LASK are right up their jacksie in the table... so PERHAPS some of those players are actually decent and will move to Leipzig then Dortmund then Bayern then we will go "ooohhh, they really were decent". Or maybe not.

didn't know that which makes me feel slightly better, they're two points off Salzburg.

But then you see they're only 2pts ahead of Vienna who made Arsenal look like Pep's Barcelona last night.

Some semblance of context? sacrilege!!! burn him at the stake!

All kidding aside

- They pressed well, had a plan and were playing what I assumed was their full team
- We lacked a focus point (no Kane or Vini), something we have seen in the past that affects our game.
- Our back line was poor, part of that is Sanchez, Doherty was poor on the day and Hart fudged up (I'm not going there as I think the ball that hit his forearm easily could have deflected out and it would have been fine)
- Player probably drifted a touch mentally with this game being between Chelsea and Scum (something Jose will address)

brick games/days happen, the test is the reaction, go get a result on Sunday, push on in the knockout rounds, no one fudging cares ..

I don't think we should read too much into the game last night - plays clearly couldn't be arsed - scored three goals without trying much (although two were pens) - they were really up for it.

Could not agree more, all the wailing and nashing of teeth is over the top (imo). We got the job done (which is the important bit) and we have now qualified for the next rounds. We did not play well for sure but when ANY team makes as many changes as we did (8) it is not easy to get any consistency ( and it was the same last time (9).

I know Jose is trying to rest his most important players but that many changes makes it a lot harder to perform as well as we should. The last time we made as many changes we lost the game this time we got the point we needed. Which was the number one priorty.

Could not agree more, all the wailing and nashing of teeth is over the top (imo). We got the job done (which is the important bit) and we have now qualified for the next rounds. We did not play well for sure but when ANY team makes as many changes as we did (8) it is not easy to get any consistency ( and it was the same last time (9).

I know Jose is trying to rest his most important players but that many changes makes it a lot harder to perform as well as we should. The last time we made as many changes we lost the game this time we got the point we needed. Which was the number one priorty.

Too much sense in that post. Hats off to you , sir.

This is a very disappointing result. After keeping the clean sheet in our last 4 matches in all competitions, it is annoying to concede 3 goals in this match. That's what you get for resting your regular defence and playing error-prone defenders like Sanchez and Tanganga. Hart should have done better with at least two the goals, especially their second goal. Credit to Bale, Son and Alli for the goals even if Bale and Alli scored from the penalties. Our attack also should have been more clinical. When the score was 3-2, Bale and Son were on 2-on-1 with the goalie but annoyingly Bale wasted it completely. Despite the disappointing draw, at least we managed to progress to the next round of the EL. Hope we can beat Antwerp at home to finish top of the table.

Back