• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

// OMT - Spurs vs Everton \\

considering we have stoke and chelsea coming up after this game

it is vital we dont lose this one... and i dont belive we will

the players will be hurting after scum and utd games

time to get back on track

nervy 2.1 win

I'd rather VDV didn't play at all if he's just going to be stuck on the right of a 4 man midfield. All he'll be doing all game is chasing Baines back towards our goal, something you lot are quick to point out he's not very good at. VDV and Ade is the partnership that has gotten us to 3rd in the league, we need to go back to this and stop the rotten run that we're now on.

I'd rather VDV didn't play at all if he's just going to be stuck on the right of a 4 man midfield. All he'll be doing all game is chasing Baines back towards our goal, something you lot are quick to point out he's not very good at. VDV and Ade is the partnership that has gotten us to 3rd in the league, we need to go back to this and stop the rotten run that we're now on.

Recently I'd say we have missed Van Der Vaarts contribution when he drops a bit deeper, he gives modric bit more of a free reign in the middle of the park and as a result our passing and movement from midfield seems to become a lot more fluid. He also has that little bit of class that I don't think any of our other players have whereby he can pull the odd wonderball out of nowhere and put a goal on a plate for someone. We need to play him so he can rediscover his form, there is no doubting when he is in form he is one of the most classy players in our team, his goal record is testatment to that

We looked a lot better against Sevenage with VdV drifting around from the right and Ade and Defoe up front. And it's not the first game we've looked good with that kind of line-up.

VdV isn't going to be stuck on the right, he pretty much drifts around as he pleases. To great effect. And if we go away to Everton and all our wide midfielders are doing is chase their full-backs back into our half then we're doing something severely wrong.

VdV isn't going to be stuck on the right, he pretty much drifts around as he pleases. To great effect. And if we go away to Everton and all our wide midfielders are doing is chase their full-backs back into our half then we're doing something severely wrong.

In that case I hope Walker is very disciplined as Baines would most likely push him back and VdV is less likely to always track back and cover

Totally agree. Must keep Bale out wide, he can only work as a spare man when Modric plays as he's the only player who know when to give him the ball. Too many times Bale gets the ball and is unsure what to do with it, yet when wide he usually creates problems.

Friedel

Walker
King
Kaboom
BAE

Parker
Modric
Sandro
Bale

Ade
Defoe

Parker & Sandro because Everton will play a physical game in the centre of the field.
VdV out and Defoe in with Ade.

Gotta win - If we lose and Arse win, we pile untold pressure on ourselves for the Chelsea games, and were we to then drop to 4th you can imagine how the players will react.
COYS
No Lennon so Modric will

I'm going to buy a pack of toffees, and finish them during this game ! Could be a very sticky end, but if we win, it'd be worth it.

This is going to be tough, very tough, hope Arry's luck begins to kick in again.

In that case I hope Walker is very disciplined as Baines would most likely push him back and VdV is less likely to always track back and cover

I think Walker needs to bomb forward to give us width on the right hand side.

Baines will play as a full back won't he? Or are they playing him as a winger these days? Assuming he plays as a full back he's mainly a threat when we are organized, not on counter attacks. Then VdV has to track back. When we attack Parker should do his thing and along with the centre backs and Ekotto break down counter attacks from their forwards and midfielders. Very rare that full backs provide trouble on counter attacks, their starting positions are too deep.

I think Walker needs to bomb forward to give us width on the right hand side.

Baines will play as a full back won't he? Or are they playing him as a winger these days? Assuming he plays as a full back he's mainly a threat when we are organized, not on counter attacks. Then VdV has to track back. When we attack Parker should do his thing and along with the centre backs and Ekotto break down counter attacks from their forwards and midfielders. Very rare that full backs provide trouble on counter attacks, their starting positions are too deep.

He plays mostly as a wing back and takes the majority of their set pieces (to a great effect, mind you)

If we are on the back-foot he'll be pushing forward, no doubt

He plays mostly as a wing back and takes the majority of their set pieces (to a great effect, mind you)

If we are on the back-foot he'll be pushing forward, no doubt

Wing back, but as a part of the back 4?

Not really relevant to how much Walker pushes on when we attack. Yes, VdV will have to track him when they put us under pressure, but I think VdV will be able to do that.

Yes, he's part of the back 4 but prone to surging runs

Hence my comment about Walker discipline - he can hurt us if we're nappng on the break

Yes, he's part of the back 4 but prone to surging runs

Hence my comment about Walker discipline - he can hurt us if we're nappng on the break

I still think Walker needs to provide the width on the right. Almost regardless of who plays in front of him that isn't Lennon really.

Yes, but that doesn't mean he should be disciplined and wary of Baines' threat. VdV WILL drift and leave him exposed at times.

Not to mention his attrocious deliveries that he desperately needs to work on

Everton are unbeaten since our home game v. them in January, with wins against City and Chelsea. On top of that, our confidence is at something of a low ebb, and I reckon we'll do well to earn ourselves a point. 1-1 is their favourite scoreline, though, so I'll go for a repeat. 1-1, Defoe on the scoresheet for us.

------------- Friedel-------------
Walker - King - Kaboom - BAE
----- Parker - Sandro -------
---------- Modric --------------
----- VdV - Bale --------
------------- Ade --------------

It's a tough place over there and I would like to keep things tight at the back. Not sure if lennon is going to be fit..but I want the fabulous four to do the damage up front...

:rolleyes:

After careful consideration I think we'll either win, lose or draw this one guys

It's a vital 9 pointer at this stage of the season

------------- Friedel-------------
Walker - King - Kaboom - BAE
----- Parker - Sandro -------
---------- Modric --------------
----- VdV - Bale --------
------------- Ade --------------

It's a tough place over there and I would like to keep things tight at the back. Not sure if lennon is going to be fit..but I want the fabulous four to do the damage up front...

:rolleyes:

BAE to get raped for 90 minutes? Blinding

Back