• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - SPURS vs Chelsea***

You can only beat what's in front of you. By the same token, if you look at our games leading up to the City match, you could say the same for us, no?
We beat teams in the top half of the table though ... so I’d argue no
Doenst mean they haven’t improved but logic says teams naturally get better with more games together and a stable line up
And like us, it helps when you play the lesser sides

If we're without Toby and Hugo it's going to be tough for that defense today. I'd also take a draw at the moment, but then again, Chelsea haven't been overly impressive the times I've seen them this season.

Plus Lampard knows exactly how Jose will approach the game, so he can plan accordingly.

Also they've had two days more recovery time from their midweek European game. Things always seem to fall in their favour whenever we go to Stamford Bridge.

Yes, but for us, Lloris, Dier, Kane, Son, Reguilon, Aurier, Lo Celso, Bergwijn actually didn't play at all mid-week.

Tactics will be interesting, Lampard totally fudged up against the Scum in last year's cup where it was completely obvious how they were going to play, and what tactics it took to beat them (we had done it a week before).

Everyone thinks we will replicate the tactics of playing City, I'm not so sure ..

If we're without Toby and Hugo it's going to be tough for that defense today. I'd also take a draw at the moment, but then again, Chelsea haven't been overly impressive the times I've seen them this season.

I'd take a draw too. We'd stay top and keep the unbeaten PL run going. A draw is a worse result for them than us

This will be our second big test of the season after ManCity last week. We did well to beat ManCity but Chelsea will be much tougher due to it being a London derby. We did beat them by penalties in the League Cup earlier in the season but we have a poor league record against Chelsea in recent years. We have lost our last 4 league matches to Chelsea. We need to lift our game and be clinical in front of goal if we want to beat them this time. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get the much needed win to help us in our top 4 race.

Plus Lampard knows exactly how Jose will approach the game, so he can plan accordingly.

Also they've had two days more recovery time from their midweek European game. Things always seem to fall in their favour whenever we go to Stamford Bridge.
None of our starters played on Thursday and we didn't travel, so I would think we'd be more rested, given they played some of their starters.

Boom shaka laka all our players fully fit for this match. Too bad Alderweireld and Lamela are out injured. We will badly miss them. This will be a tough and tense match. As always, Chelsea will be fired up against us. Let's hope we will put up a good fight, be tight in defence and make use of our goal scoring chances to beat Chelsea in this match.

Glad Bergwijn starts, he was excellent against City.
Reguilon too, although that's no great surprise. Watching the highlights of Emirates Marketing Project vs Burnley last night, one thing that really stood out was how Mahrez ripped apart the left side of Burnley's defence, again and again. Compare that to how Reggie handled him last week.

Reguilon too, although that's no great surprise. Watching the highlights of Emirates Marketing Project vs Burnley last night, one thing that really stood out was how Mahrez ripped apart the left side of Burnley's defence, again and again. Compare that to how Reggie handled him last week.
Which basically makes the Serrano ham motm when you think about it...

Still no Dele.
Although I'm not sure who I would leave out of that squad in fairness.
That's a very decent bench to have for later in the game.

Still no Dele.
Although I'm not sure who I would leave out of that squad in fairness.
That's a very decent bench to have for later in the game.

It is a decent bench. Jose now picking 3 forwards on the bench is very attacking given that those 3 largely cant play in other positions. Shows that Winks and Dele have fallen a long way in the pecking order that Jose picks are somewhat unbalanced bench rather than picking them

Back