• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs Bin Dippers ***

The one thing I will say is that he is taking his line from Rodon.... unlike Davies who was 5 yards behind Dier for no particular reason.
I actually think Aurier was fine on the first goal, as you say he was playing Mane offside and that would have been the case of not for Davies lagging behind everyone.

The goal was much more down to Lloris and the statuesque defender in front of him. [emoji1787]

No, but then again it's not very common that the attackers are guilty of conceding goals. But it's not only today, we're looking disinterested as a team. Isn't Jose supposed to be one of the world's best tacticians? Has he looked anything like that to you during his spell here? Does the world's best tactician need the world's best squad as well to play football?
No
But when people compare us to pool they forget how long and how many players it’s took to get there
Same with city, remember their first season under pep?
I’m not saying we have progress but I’m saying things do take time
Issue is we do t have time in the game anymore
I think we would be in a healthier state if we could get rid of the dead wood (whoever Jose’s sees as that), but the issue is he loves to keep players just in case

First half was quite even until we sat back and then we switched off at the end. We were creating the best chances, with Son through at least 3 times.

Mourinho's subs were dreadful. He did need to make a change as Mane was not being dealt with by Aurier and Doherty wasn't doing well on the left. Would have been off asking Aurier to ensure he's tracking Manes darting runs, and putting on Bale for Doherty who could have caused some problems and pushed their wing-back backwards.

Too many changes in a game we were always going to have to fight to win. Pool coming off a defeat to united were always going to be better than they have been. Hate the way we help teams out by giving them possession. Have to not cede possession, and make passes stick.
Agreed. Go to a 4 and tell Aurier that Mane was his man always and not Robertson. Replace Doherty instead.

Why don’t we revert to early Jose? When he first arrived we were scoring goals for fun . Dele too. Why has he gone ultra mega negative - especially with the defenders we have? Mystifying.

Why don’t we revert to early Jose? When he first arrived we were scoring goals for fun . Dele too. Why has he gone ultra mega negative - especially with the defenders we have? Mystifying.
And now we have a better midfield
You have to wonder
We would be like Leicester
The players are here

That was new manager bounce, where the players had the bad atmosphere of the last year lifted off their shoulders and they could just go out and play. As time went on Mourinho got his claws in to them and the result is the pathetic state of football we have endured since the restart in June.

We should have won the game at their digs, but we absolutely deserved nothing in this one. xG 0.11 - 2.31.

You have to give it to them, they play nice simple football with good movement and their passes find their man. We can't string two passes together in the final third to save our lives. And it's not like we don't have the quality. We're not fluid at all.
XG of 0.11 at home in a game that you’re losing for 50 mins.... that is terrible.

Agreed. Go to a 4 and tell Aurier that Mane was his man always and not Robertson. Replace Doherty instead.

And Bale for Doherty was both romantic - recreating history - and pragmatic, as he would have given Alexander-Arnold something to worry about; rather than get into our box and score.

The midfield is overrun because Firminho drops back into it and their fullbacks get up high.

XG of 0.11 at home in a game that you’re losing for 50 mins.... that is terrible.
Yep In the second half dier went with him (hence the issue with the disallowed goal)
I’ll add though that Firmino should have been sent if for two dives but we know would never happen

Poor team selection, Abysmal team performance. Strange half time subs. Only positives were Hojbjerg and Rodon (despite the error for the goal) Mourinho Out, please

No
But when people compare us to pool they forget how long and how many players it’s took to get there
Same with city, remember their first season under pep?
I’m not saying we have progress but I’m saying things do take time
Issue is we do t have time in the game anymore
I think we would be in a healthier state if we could get rid of the dead wood (whoever Jose’s sees as that), but the issue is he loves to keep players just in case
I for one won't compare us to Liverpool. They had their rebuild after ours (and perhaps picked up a thing or two, as opposed to the City no-limits thing), and they're still in an entirely different financial situation and can afford misses we can not. If nothing changes - which it probably will - I can see them being in our situation in a season or two. Say what you will about loyalty, but I don't think a squad of too many veterans (unless very passionate) is healthy. They're only human, and it's easy to just "hitch a ride", especially if you don't win anything. I agree that we need time, and need to get rid of the players the manager (whoever he is) don't see fit. But still, it's the approach to the game. Rebuilding or not, we don't look like wanting to win as a team anymore. It looks devoid of passion, nonchalant and just like any other job. Which to be fair it is.

Back