• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Spammers***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree with all of that although you may be going slightly over the top in comparing Dier to Vidic as good as he was today.

To nit-pick, Aurier tinkled about on the ball again at the end and left us badly exposed. He did it twice against United and got away with it from a great Hugo save and VAR. He has to stop that brick. Those sorts of mistakes aren’t acceptable.

I am never over the top, hyperbolic or anything less than a chilled, crustless cucumber sandwich.

well yeah I dont like him because in GENERAL over the last season his attitude and commitment have been lacking. Nothing tinkles me off more than a professional footballer who's earning vast sums and playing for a great club not consistently showing us paying fans the undoubted talent he has.

We agree to disagree.

Nice to see a clean sheet - I think we were a bit unlucky against Yanited and today we looked pretty solid. Tbf Burnley/sclamhorpe/villa reserves were not great but I think we saw glimpses of next season tonight. Very tight and organised defensively, get a goal up and get a second on the counter. If that brings us trophies, I would be very happy.

4b91fe7d-5cb4-4403-b918-a99b3798ccdc.jpg

I think the issue for Jose is he sees Tanguy playing the same role that Lo Celso does and he is the best player we have in that role
It’s a square peg problem now
Not really. He has to play centrally, meaning there were only 3 positions he could come on in.

Sissoko was playing well as DM so wasnt coming off. Lamela had come on in the no 10 role already....there weren't many options

Ah, the old “how do we squeeze a 60m pound player in to one of 6 midfield positions” dilemma (3 starting and 3 possible sub).

There’s absolutely no reason he couldn’t come on for Lo Celso or even Son with 10 mins left if Jose wanted to give him some game time.

Ah, the old “how do we squeeze a 60m pound player in to one of 6 midfield positions” dilemma (3 starting and 3 possible sub).

There’s absolutely no reason he couldn’t come on for Lo Celso or even Son with 10 mins left if Jose wanted to give him some game time.
What would have been the reason to bring him on then?

What would have been the reason to bring him on then?

To give him some game time and a run out. The game went to 95 mins so bringing him on on 80 would have given him 15 mins during a time we were keeping the ball pretty well.

My question would be (now that I’ve identified how he could have been brought on) why wouldn’t he be brought on? That’s my concern.

I want him to stay btw - I’m just concerned with how he’s going to get any time. Wham at home 2-0 up with 10 to go seems like the low end of the range to me so if not then, when?

Back