• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Spammers***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Genuine question, anyone else considered putting Lamela at DM? For me he doesn’t do enough offensively to justify starting in attack but he seems to be a genius at not getting sent off, likes a tackle, comfortable on the ball in tight situations, good passer (when he releases it early and doesn’t hold on to it for too long) etc.

I suspect that Mourinho was happy with Lamela's performance at #10 on Friday.

Whilst I’m not a huge fan of Lamela playing the Fernandinho role at number 10 the West Ham game is one where I think his unique set of skills would be best applied. He has a canny knack of not getting yellows for his cynical fouls and we’d have a good chance of him getting Noble sent off. I’d also like to see the impact he’d have on sideshow Bob jr.

Genuine question, anyone else considered putting Lamela at DM? For me he doesn’t do enough offensively to justify starting in attack but he seems to be a genius at not getting sent off, likes a tackle, comfortable on the ball in tight situations, good passer (when he releases it early and doesn’t hold on to it for too long) etc.

I'd play him instead of winks or Sissoko.
He can do the tactical foul, he sniffs out danger (made a great interception in the box just before he was subbed) knows when to fall, he never shirks a tackle and he makes opposition players nervous with his "tackling".

His use of the ball against Utd was his typical wasteful self. Dele in for Lamela on Tues, and GLC in for one of the CMs

The same dele that gets stick for not passing and trying to many tricks and flicks.

Not I that disagree with you, but there's an element of frustration with players that don't pass the ball quickly, even when there's no one to pass to, and with harry lumbering around in no man's land and son and moura/Stevie covering the FBs its difficult to see who these guys are supposed to be passing to.

The same dele that gets stick for not passing and trying to many tricks and flicks.

Not I that disagree with you, but there's an element of frustration with players that don't pass the ball quickly, even when there's no one to pass to, and with harry lumbering around in no man's land and son and moura/Stevie covering the FBs its difficult to see who these guys are supposed to be passing to.
I don’t think dele is that great at releasing the ball in deeper areas of the pitch either, his best work is in and around the box.
If we are going to play a deeper lying block with a view to counter attack then hopefully we’ll see an improvement in that area, as it should be something we are working on daily (I concur with the AMFs against United, hopefully you we’ll see them or Moura more on the front foot against Spam.

I don’t think dele is that great at releasing the ball in deeper areas of the pitch either, his best work is in and around the box.
If we are going to play a deeper lying block with a view to counter attack then hopefully we’ll see an improvement in that area, as it should be something we are working on daily (I concur with the AMFs against United, hopefully you we’ll see them or Moura more on the front foot against Spam.

Yep. Dele better further forward in the no 10 role, and close to Kane. Those two have a decent understanding and in my view should be in those positions more or less whenever fit

Yep. Dele better further forward in the no 10 role, and close to Kane. Those two have a decent understanding and in my view should be in those positions more or less whenever fit

It will be nice when JM has a whole fit squad to pick from. Even after a 100 day lay off we manage to have injuries to Moura, Foyth, Tanganga, Parrott and Dele suspended. It really is quite unbelievable.

Compared to many other teams we've coped ok so far with new injuries.

I always feel confident against West ham at home, but often then we go and lose with Antonio mainly being the problem. Please for the love of GHod can we just smash these clowns down into relegation places with a comfortable 4-0 win.

Compared to many other teams we've coped ok so far with new injuries.

I always feel confident against West ham at home, but often then we go and lose with Antonio mainly being the problem. Please for the love of GHod can we just smash these clowns down into relegation places with a comfortable 4-0 win.

a win here and it starts to put massive pressure on them to go down
Shame Bournemouth look equally as toss

It will be nice when JM has a whole fit squad to pick from. Even after a 100 day lay off we manage to have injuries to Moura, Foyth, Tanganga, Parrott and Dele suspended. It really is quite unbelievable.

I have been around for a long time :( but i have never known a season like it for injurys/illness, Jose get a lot of stick from some but we really have been missing a lot of very good players and it seems to be no end to it.

I have been around for a long time :( but i have never known a season like it for injurys/illness, Jose get a lot of stick from some but we really have been missing a lot of very good players and it seems to be no end to it.

It has been so very dispiriting. Must be bad when covid19 is an 'up' (in this instance) giving us time to repair.

It has been so very dispiriting. Must be bad when covid19 is an 'up' (in this instance) giving us time to repair.

Well it has helped us to get some players back i guess we will have to see, although IMO i thought there were some good signs from our game against Utd.

After a long break like this it's not only the physical condition which takes time to adjust it's a major mental challenge for the players, all the practice and training count for little when you come up against teams with their game plans. Most of the games I've seen have looked very disjointed and players almost playing within themselves. I think most players are like young kids and like a routine and once that changes it effects their moods and unsettles them.

Back