• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS v BRIGHTON

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope Jose doesnt take as many first teams to Bulgaria on Thurs. Take 15-16 first choice players. Leave a bunch of them at home. Fill the rest of hte bench with kids

I think something broke with Mourinho after the West Ham game - I disagreed with folks who thought we were sluggish against Burnley, but we *definitely* were here.

A win's a win, but the performance was very worrying. More than anything else, what annoys me is the pointlessness of our press, and our susceptibility to their press - I've seen us be this crap at both for three full years now (from the beginning of 2018 onwards), but it's incredible how easily the opposition skips around our press, and, conversely, one player rushing in panics our lads into either giving it up or whacking it long, straight back to them.

Some positives. Bale getting his first will do a world of good for his confidence. Our timewasting for 10 minutes straight was a masterclass. And Dier and Toby were good, as were Hojbjerg and Reguilon.

But major issues to work on re: attacking play. One big issue emerging is that our default in terms of escaping the press seems to be 'give it to Ndombele'. Which, when he plays high or has an utterly crap game like today, leaves us lost.

Work to do. Good win, will take that, but work to do.

Watching on some US channel and they've already ditched our game to talk about Man United.
Such a tinkletake every week.

Well, Solksjaer is now on seriously wobbly legs. Pochettino in the wings. The Popguns winning at a big 6 rival for the first time since George Graham. Giant talking points for bigger audiences than Spurs pipping mighty Brighton.

Don't underestimate the effect of that away game at Antwerp. That was heavy sledding for Spurs and it looked like it took its toll tonight.

Thought the same. We were worried. I guess for good reason. So we need to tough it out and we did. But we played so much better when not in the lead. Which suggests there is a mentality issue. The great ManU sides would play the same regardless of the score. We seemed to go into our shell a bit when in the lead and not keep the pressure on today. But we needed that after Thursday.

Nor so sure, tonight!
That was a dreadful performance!
We looked scared brickless, nice one Mr Mourinho NOT!

It's hopefully a good sign that we aren't playing well and still winning.
The team and shape is still fairly new.

What's crazy, is Liverpool have City away next week - we could go top!! COYS! :)

Cheer up Stephen. It’s a win. We weren’t great but it’s a win. And Brighton are no mugs.

Disappointing performance but I’d prefer to nearly draw than nearly win.

win yeah etc
But we looked spooked, gutless and more worryingly nervous!
I wish Jose would fudge well and truly offf

Well, Solksjaer is now on seriously wobbly legs. Pochettino in the wings. The Popguns winning at a big 6 rival for the first time since George Graham. Giant talking points for bigger audiences than Spurs pipping mighty Brighton.

Surely he can’t survive that.

It was attritional but did Lloris actually make a save? Their goal should have been disallowed, we hit the post a couple of times too. We were risk averse at 2-1, thought we played injury time well!

We didn’t let the nature of their goal impact us.

son had a bad dad day, ditto Ndombele.
I thought reguillon was excellent but I nominate hojberg @ Milo. Doherty still to really impose himself on a game though.

win yeah etc
But we looked spooked, gutless and more worryingly nervous!
I wish Jose would fudge well and truly offf

I don’t think we looked gutless or nervous. Quite the opposite, we played the last 15 mins in a way I’ve rarely seen a spurs team play the end of a game. brickhousery and time wasting all over the place. We weren’t good though, I’ll give you that.

Back