• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

This is why it's all the more annoying - league is wide open and we're throwing away points in games that we should be winning, not because we're unlucky or not playing well but because we decide to let our opponents have the ball and attack us.

When tactics are costing you points you have to question the manager
Actually our luck hasn’t helped in some games
We have the second highest amount of shots against the woodwork and I believe some of them going in would have gained us another 4 points at least
I mean compare that to united last night... average shot, deflects in... in an poor game where up to 80 mins they had 1 brick on target
But if you don’t attack you don’t get the luck

We have the second highest amount of shots against the woodwork and I believe some of them going in would have gained us another 4 points at least
I mean compare that to united last night... average shot, deflects in... in an poor game where up to 80 mins they had 1 brick on target
A shot against the Woodwork is still a shot off target. It is worse than a shot on target that the keeper saves.

Or maybe he thinks his subs aren’t at the level he wants and can’t execute his plans either...
Who knows
Which of the two do you think is more likely?

If you have players on the pitch not playing to your plan then do you:

a) just leave them on anyway for bricks and giggles.

b) replace one (or more of them) for a player who 'might' play to instruction?

I think Mou is trolling us now.
He sits there watching us fail and shrink and cower and shirk and walk and slide backwards and thinks "this is normal" like that meme of a dog in a burning house.

He could have changed something; where players were playing, how they were playing, their motivation, brought on an extra CB or extra forward or changed shape or ANYTHING but we just sat and watched our house burn down for 75 minutes and then had 15 minutes to try and build a new one.

Ndombele and Reguilon were MotM. Sissoko needs to be culled.

So Harry and Sonny missing a hatful of easy chances is on the manager?

I’d take a look at the repeat offenders first and foremost and see how and why we end up there
So.....

The two centre halves perhaps?.... after all they set the line of the team.

Jose has taken players off early on multiple occasions because he feels they are not carrying out his instructions and yet he constantly leaves on the players who are dropping deeper and deeper, it only adds up when you deduce that it is him who is instructing these tactics.

Completely. Game was there to be won tonight. At home to a team in the bottom 3. Lots of our players hadnt played at the weekend; they'd played 120 mins. We end up picking a back 4 and 3 CMs, none of whom are attacking. Then to make it worse, we dont change things after say, an hour, when its clearly not working

I forgot we'd rested players the weekend as well :D

fudging hell

I’d take a look at the repeat offenders first and foremost and see how and why we end up there
He selects the repeat offenders.

Jose has restructured a good base here but he was actually the problem today. The lineup was conservative and unambitious, did the result and the manner of it surprise you in anyway?

If the players haven't learned their assignment packages before the game asking them to shift to a different one from the dugout will likely make things worse.

Jose has always been about tactical preparation, maybe he need's to work the players harder in the classroom rather than on the training pitch.

Missing the target isn't luck

So Harry and Sonny missing a hatful of easy chances is on the manager?
Playing a whole second half without actually trying to attack (until the opposition equalise) is certainly on the manager yes. If you don't want your team playing deep and defensive then either get up on the sideline and instruct a change or make a fcuking substitution to change the shape!

Back