• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

Scott Parker is totally in the right here.

Fulham played at the weekend, and named their team for that match, not knowing they would have a game this week.
Spurs played at the weekend with a team in preparation for a game this week.

Mourinho comparing to a late postponement, which is maybe something you get for bad weather is with the little respect it deserves, ridiculous and laughable.

A Sunday League team would never be treated so badly as to get 2 days notice of a match, we would be up in arms, and rightly so if the shoe was on the other foot.

No he isn't, because the issue is self inflicted.

Every club is doing their best (and yes luck has something to do with it) to manage in a Covid world, they have failed miserably and your answer is they should be treated fairly even if it's at the expense of other teams?

He's lucky he didn't get the choice of make it work the first day or just give us the 3 points/3-0 forfeit win.

The problem is exactly this, clubs playing in 2 competitions having outbreaks and to "help them" clubs playing 4 competitions need to take extra bruden?

Jose was right, not our problem to fix.

There is no rule in the League about having 14 players available. The precedent with Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc. was there, they are not lucky at all.
The 14 players you somehow quote as law was guidance, it is not in the League's rules. For all we know they had no medical staff or goalkeepers available as they were all isolating. Independent health experts are advising the Premier League in respect to whether specific games should go ahead or not depending on the circumstances.

They have been treated disgracefully by the League in respect to this fixture, and we have had a massive break.
You mean like we were when the original game was cancelled 3 hours before kick off
It’s a swings and roundabouts moment here
They have had plenty of time to prepare too
I saw on Twitter earlier that Agbonglahour is adamant it’s wrong but is exactly why they will win... he said that in full Villa kit too
That’s the epitome of why it’s not worth IMO. When a decision gets criticised by a macaron like him intend to side with the decision

You mean like we were when the original game was cancelled 3 hours before kick off
I saw on Twitter earlier that Agbonglahour is adamant it’s wrong but is exactly why they will win... he said that in full Villa kit too
That’s the epitome of why it’s not worth IMO. When a decision gets criticised by a macaron like him intend to side with the decision

Well yeah, that's the point isn't? We were inconvenienced last time around, which everyone was moaning about and bigging up Mourinho for kicking off publicly - now it's Fulham who are inconvenienced and the same people are now moaning that Fulham are complaining - couldn't make it up.

Like i said you can absolutely guarantee if we were in Fulhams position now having lost a free week at short notice Mourinho would be kicking off and there would be none of this let's get the game done/special circumstances gonad*s just like there wasn't last week when the shoe was on the other foot.

Well yeah, that's the point isn't? We were inconvenienced last time around, which everyone was moaning about and bigging up Mourinho for kicking off publicly - now it's Fulham who are inconvenienced and the same people are now moaning that Fulham are complaining - couldn't make it up.

Like i said you can absolutely guarantee if we were in Fulhams position now having lost a free week at short notice Mourinho would be kicking off and there would be none of this let's get the game done/special circumstances gonad*s just like there wasn't last week when the shoe was on the other foot.

Parker is doing his job, which is to look after the interests of his club, the same as Mourinho is.

I agree - i just find it funny that Parker is getting called out for it.

He's managing a different club, isn't he? I think that his position is understandable and we know what happens when a manager doesn't moan about decisions.

I think that it was right to rearrange the Fulham game for this week but I can understand why they would prefer a week off before Chelsea.

It's almost like people prefer their club over another one that they have little/no affinity for.

On the flip side they had a nice rest over Christmas

Yeah i understand that but i was just pointing out that we'd behave no differently in the same situation and given the fact that this is happening so soon after a pertinent example of that i felt it was worth highlighting the hypocrisy

The slight difference is one situation is self inflicted (as much as it may not be under Scotty's control) vs. one who is being held hostage to the other's availability.

So yes, everyone looks after their own interests, but it isn't quite the same

I think preparing for a game that gets cancelled is preferable to not preparing for a game that gets dropped on you with 2 days notice.

I think preparing for a game that gets cancelled is preferable to not preparing for a game that gets dropped on you with 2 days notice.

Fulham were also in the same situation to us in the first instance - apparently ready and waiting to travel to the game from their hotel before the league cancelled it last minute.

So if anything they've been fudged twice and Parker has every right to be kicking up a fuss about it.

They got told Sunday am prospectively so 4 days training if you include today.
I think it’s fair to assume they also had done some prep for when they were due to play us over Christmas
TBH I don’t care one but for Fulham or Villa. Both values have clearly had and have issues but ultimately it shouldn’t be a case of punishing us because of it. What would happen is that we would end up with the fixture pile up, potentially not them, yet to date we haven’t had the same Covid issues they have had despite having more players travelling for example

Parker said they found out at 9.30 on Monday morning that they had to play us.

Of course they will have done tactical prep for when they expected to play us in Dec but it's the physical prep of players that has been put in disarray for them. We have been training for a game on Weds, they were preparing for Friday.

I have every sympathy for them, if that was us I'd be tinkled off, but I'm also delighted that its potentially given us an advantage against them.

Another clean sheet for Jose and I think we’ll score three!

That’ll do me and I’ve still got 2 days of my Amazon Prime deal to go so all good

Back