• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT roosters Vs Magpies ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair play to Steve Bruce and it does beg the question why are the managers of the elite clubs (and Saudi Sportswashing Machine) not consulted about these rule changes. The only positive about the implementation of VAR is it has made me realise that the old way wasn’t as bad as I thought. All I wanted as a fan is for massive errors like being a foot offside, diving to punished and stonewall goal or penalty impacting decisions that can be noticed within one replay to be addressed with the help of a video review. If you have the manager benefiting from a decision saying it’s wrong then it’s clear and fudging obvious the rule changes aren’t working. The Southampton one was just as poor but not scrutinised in the same way due to it not impacting the result.
If you consider that the free kick was a poor call and the Everton free kick is taken from the wrong place, the microscopic attention paid to the offside rule is not being applied consistently with decisions that also impact the possibility of a goal being scored.

Without a doubt you are spot on and we should have buried them, but the reason we lost 2 points is VAR and yet another stupid decision.

two wrongs don’t make a right!

1 daft handball rule!
2 Lethargy after Son went Off!

Jose must take some blame! His style is lethargic! I don’t like it and never will!

don’t let him use a daft fecking rule change to mast his shortcomings!

Last edited:
I'm trying to think of a penalty given like this in Germany or France this season. I can't remember one in games that I've watched.
Exactly
It’s inconsistent again yet I read that it was UEFA that enough these changes in as different leagues were using VAR differently and the handball rule was one that was cleared up....

Fair play to Steve Bruce and it does beg the question why are the managers of the elite clubs (and Saudi Sportswashing Machine) not consulted about these rule changes. The only positive about the implementation of VAR is it has made me realise that the old way wasn’t as bad as I thought. All I wanted as a fan is for massive errors like being a foot offside, diving to punished and stonewall goal or penalty impacting decisions that can be noticed within one replay to be addressed with the help of a video review. If you have the manager benefiting from a decision saying it’s wrong then it’s clear and fudging obvious the rule changes aren’t working. The Southampton one was just as poor but not scrutinised in the same way due to it not impacting the result.
If you consider that the free kick was a poor call and the Everton free kick is taken from the wrong place, the microscopic attention paid to the offside rule is not being applied consistently with decisions that also impact the possibility of a goal being scored.
It was because the rule changed was made centrally by UEFA and IFAB... in reaction to the way that leagues were applying their work use of VAR. things like the prem not using the monitors was what made them step in and change things

It was the keeper coach

If it had been Kane, I'd fully support the club putting out a statement saying they were investigating the possibility of suing that specific ref and the FA for match-fixing. The club can hire more expensive lawyers than the FA can, too - be like City, and say you'll pay more to lawyers to take on these fat, pinstriped beanos than pay the fines they impose.

Every manager the club has had here for a decade has been scared to death of the FA, for reasons that mystify me. Redknapp. AVB. Poch. Even Mourinho, the man I thought would call the refs out on things like this, has stayed mum - why?

One day I hope something is done for accountability for these tinpot dictators. There are places in football where the ref's biggest concern would be getting to his car alive if he made decisions like this - engenders a healthy respect for the game in those fools, keeps them controlled. In England, they're wrapped in a golden cocoon, and nothing must ever be said about how atrocious they are lest it hurt their feelings.

All it's done is let these fools think they're masters of the universe - surprising how no club since Fergie has yet tried to put the fear of GHod into them, because lord knows, they deserve it.

I don't even think it's IFAB. Their rules state handball will not be given if the ball hits the arm from close range, via a ricochet, or while the player has his back turned to the ball. That means both penalties against us in the last two weeks should not have stood - Doherty's, and Dier's.

It's the Prem refs and Stockley Park applying these rules the way they are.

Sigh. At least one day, the fans will be back in the stadiums, and the referee will get much-deserved abuse that way. It's the least I can hope for - if nothing else, 60,000 people calling them a useless clown shoe may get through to them for a bit.

Your not wrong, but without the stupid VAR call we would have got the 3 points we deserved.
We are using it as an excuse, Jose knew this mess masquerading as a rule Was around, it didn’t just happen to us and for the first time this afternoon, no it’s been happening over and over again in the past few weeks. No, who was that surprised when it happened because I bloody wasn’t.

Stop kidding ourselves, we lost today win because we were wasteful In front of goal!
Yes this new rule is dreadful but we were sluggish in the second half especially in front of goal!

Exactly. No one was talking about Doherty's VAR travesty last week.

Your screenshot misses the first part, which covers the arm making the body unnaturally bigger - that does count even if the player is close.

The points in the first section apply first and are not subject to the exceptions in the second part.
Whether raising an arm when you jump is unnatural is of course another argument.
View attachment 9510
Hold on they have used the same line twice to contradict itself

where does it say the first airy applies over the second?

We are using it as an excuse, Jose knew this mess masquerading as a rule Was around, it didn’t just happen to us and for the first time this afternoon, no it’s been happening over and over again in the past few weeks. No, who was that surprised when it happened because I bloody wasn’t.

We did not win because we did not score from the chances we created i have already agreed with that. But for sure if it had not been for the farce that is VAR we would have walked off with 3 points.

Its not a excuse it seems that a lot of teams every week are getting fudged over by VAR, that is far more worry then dropping two points. The game is being ruined.

Back