• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs ManMour***

I have laid off Sissoko simply because I think he has been OK, but last night proved why it was imperative to get more options for the bench when our first 11 are fit. We simply have to have Winks fit too. But there is no doubt whatsoever that the team clicks and purrs when Sissoko is not on the pitch. Everyone simply seems to have more trust for each other as a team. I also thought a key aspect of last night was Trippier and Davies having really good aggressive games. Again, this comes from trusting all going on around them. It is indisputable that the flow was way way better last night, similar to Liverpool at home. I do not expect to see Sissoko start the next two league games for this reason...the one thing I am intrigued about is how we handle Dembele. He was imperious last night, but I fear he will need to be rested Sunday? I wonder...

It certainly helped that United didn't bother putting any real pressure on players like Tripper, Davies and Eriksen.

I heard a Man U fan claim life was now unfair because they couldnt compete with the proper monied clubs like City and Chelski!!!! Ha, ha - what a joke!

This what that game did last night: We made their fans doubt!

From RedCaf http://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-tottenham-hotspur.436157/page-13#post-22106188

Showing my age maybe, but I remember when £90m midfielders gave two bricks.
Aye-and we could have equally have had three midfielders for less money giving at least three! Fed up with overpaid showponies.

Well that was a most excellent night at Wembley, especially after having to listen to gobby ManYoo fans telling me all week how Sanchez would tear apart "Harry Kane FC" :rolleyes:

So, even though it was a tad frustrating that we didn't turn our utter dominance of the 2nd half into a more humiliating scoreline, I was kinda pleased that we secured the win without needing a goal from Kane!

And after 2 decades of being cannon fodder for Fergie, it made such a refreshing change to see the ManU players' heads drop once that 2nd goal went in :cool:

Even their away section gave up hope long before the final whistle and decided to begin their schlep back... to London and Home Counties :oops:

View attachment 4079
Was a bit nearer to the away section than you, and I can't remember hearing them all match.

What a superb performance last night making the nightmare journey to Wembley last night (thanks Central Line & Metropolitan Line!) all worthwhile. Only just reached my seat in time to see the first goal and many must have missed it due to the tube delays.

Our pressing last night was back to the White Hart Lane displays in the latter half of last season. It is really good to see Dembele back to his old self and Eriksen just orchestrated everything. I thought that Davinson Sanchez also gave a very composed performance at the back while Trippier and Davies both were much improved compared to recent games.

Quite honestly everyone of the starting 11 put in a top performance and in the 2nd half United just couldn't get the ball. Could easily have been 7 or 8 goals by the end if Kane was his usual clinical self or better decisions had been made on passing and shooting. We have certainly played a lot worse than last night and scored 5 this season. Now onto Liverpool and I don't think they will be fancying playing us much after viewing last night's game
Inconsiderate bastard jumped in front of the tube!

From RedCaf http://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-tottenham-hotspur.436157/page-13#post-22106188

Aye-and we could have equally have had three midfielders for less money giving at least three! Fed up with overpaid showponies.
Most posters on there saying it was all about United not turning up, then 'FCBarca' (ha-ha) comes up with a dose of objectivity:

I think it's the 2nd time I've seen a full 90 minutes from Tottenham this season, so many impressive performances from the squad - don't understand why they aren't higher in the table

Most posters on there saying it was all about United not turning up, then 'FCBarca' (ha-ha) comes up with a dose of objectivity:

I think it's the 2nd time I've seen a full 90 minutes from Tottenham this season, so many impressive performances from the squad - don't understand why they aren't higher in the table
And a response was, because we don't play teams that brick every week!

After the complete travesty of Kane stealing a couple of feet at the kick off, will we now see continued outrage from the media about free kicks being in the right place along with throwins, and of course the random 10 yards for free kicks. Or does this only matter when "a top team" suffer.

Had a similar conversation too ay with a united fan... it was because they were brick... completing forgetting they had a real go for 20 minutes and then disappeared due to our work rat and quality

Couldn't be 4rsed reading through all that sh!te but this immediately caught my eye. Straw clutch or what?

"The luck of a coin toss I guess, if we kick off do we concede straight away? Probably not.

Might have ground out a win/draw that goal so early gave them a massive lift. Simple as that. Just a brick day at the office!
"

200.gif

Huge money needs spent on midfield and defence. Atrocious

At least one person gets it:

I feel like we win some games because we have superior players to other lower place teams. I don’t think we have any kind of system which improves the players we have.

They're just a really expensive collection of cloggers.

Couldnt read too much of that.

Seems clear to me they have been spoiled over the years and simply cannot comprehend the level they are at right now, theyve never been there before (for most fans).

Posts about them having better players? No, absolutely not.

They were decidedly average, and unambitious.

I think the major problem last night they did pick up on though - they lost their heads. They didnt have the mentality. Cant remember the last I saw a Utd side like that.

Couldn't be 4rsed reading through all that sh!te but this immediately caught my eye. Straw clutch or what?

"The luck of a coin toss I guess, if we kick off do we concede straight away? Probably not.

Might have ground out a win/draw that goal so early gave them a massive lift. Simple as that. Just a brick day at the office!
"

200.gif
Ha! Another poster made a similar comment but added they'd then have had to find another excuse for losing. :D

LOL. "In the football equivalent of fool's mate, if we play black, do we get beaten in two moves? Probably not."

yeah not sure what game Pirate was watching but we played nothing like we were underdogs and took the game to them :confused:

It is a mentality thing. We played by pressing and being relentless in our pursuit of the ball. We gave them no time on the ball at all. In games where we are favourites, we too often stroke the ball about imperiously but with no incision, aggression or tempo. Yesterday, we were fast, aggressive, incisive and showed we wanted it more right from the start. That is how we play when the team considers itelf "underdogs". How many of the posters on here gave us little chance before the game? Most would have settled for a draw. That is what I mean by an underdog mentality. It is when we approach games in this manner that we are at our best.

It is a mentality thing. We played by pressing and being relentless in our pursuit of the ball. We gave them no time on the ball at all. In games where we are favourites, we too often stroke the ball about imperiously but with no incision, aggression or tempo. Yesterday, we were fast, aggressive, incisive and showed we wanted it more right from the start. That is how we play when the team considers itelf "underdogs". How many of the posters on here gave us little chance before the game? Most would have settled for a draw. That is what I mean by an underdog mentality. It is when we approach games in this manner that we are at our best.

that's nothing like how we played against Dortmund or Madrid (and Liverpool at home also) where we sat back, let them have the ball and hit them on the counter - our high pressing game is a sign of us dominating not playing as an underdog.

the reason we 'stroke the ball about imperiously' against weaker teams is that they are happy for us to have the ball as it negates our press - weaker teams who try to play against us get pressed in to oblivion (Stoke/Everton/Southampton as recent examples)

You can't go flat out every game, so it's about peaking at the right times. We haven't been able to rotate as much as Pochettino would have liked because of injuries, so my take is that instead, we have been pacing ourselves in the games leading up to this period.

I do enjoy this one:
Spurs are the dirtiest team in the league, they foul and kick and whenever someone touches their players they dive.

Says the fan who supports Young, Jones, Herrera, Valencia, Smalling, Matic, Linguard...

You can't go flat out every game, so it's about peaking at the right times. We haven't been able to rotate as much as Pochettino would have liked because of injuries, so my take is that instead we have been pacing ourselves in the games leading up to this period.

I actually thought our game management was spot on last night.

I really feared a backlash after HT, with us getting caught cold. Poch had us fired up so that didnt happen. Then about 65minutes we clearly started to play smart. Taking a little longer in possession, making them run, slowing the game down and moving fast again.

Was extremely composed. One of those factors that makes me realise we are becoming a big time team. Its what top teams do, and have done to us countless times in the past.

The only thing we didnt do is pick off the 2 or 3 extra goals we deserved to completely kill them off (as we have suffered in the past as well!).

Back