• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs ManMour***

But....what a fantastic, awesome, incredible performance. I’d go as far to say one of the best I’ve seen us play, under Poch or any other manager. It was so so good. I missed about the first ten minutes, so maybe they looked half decent after we scored, but I thought they were absolutely hilariously bad. Second in the league, all of their key players fit, and we made them look like amateurs. What a win.

The pace at we played was just relentless. We never stopped and I was never once worried they would come back into it. That says something. Every single player had such confidence in the ball, even Dier, even Sanchez. Every player would face their man up, get them running backwards and create havoc. Getting the better of Pogba in midfield isn’t easy because he is a physical beast but we did it.

Just a great, great performance. Will be a massive shame if this team doesn’t make top 4, but as a lot of people have mentioned, Chelsea and United have gotten to where they are by not being that great, and both Conte and Mourinho like their teams to start fast in the season. We are traditionally strong finishers so this result isn’t a total surprise. And it may benefit us having all of these tough games in close quarters. With our sports science focus they probably have got the squad ready for maximum intensity over the next 3 weeks, and will maybe then bank on our talent getting us over the line vs the weaker teams later on. Let’s see - today was awesome though.

I thought it was actually the kind of ridiculously dominant performance that actually should shatter the self image of some United players and their belief in Mourinho. We were so much better, so much more dominant, than it they must have been wondering why they are all bothering playing their boring defensive containment football if they can’t beat teams with no where near their budget and they get outplayed like that. Even when they beat us, they needed a bit of luck to scrape to a 1 goal win. We were a class apart.

Back in Leeds.

Wow!

Brilliant performance (despite the ref, who clearly hails from Salford). Couldn't aim a criticism at any of them (OK Harry. This goalless streak is a bit of a worry. 90 minutes without scoring? Sort it out son.). Special mentions to Mousa, Jan and Christian. Thought Mousa was losing his edge but no. Jan was a rock but also showed some real skills. And Christian? Welcome back, you been sorely missed.

Wembley Voodoo!

I thought it was actually the kind of ridiculously dominant performance that actually should shatter the self image of some United players and their belief in Mourinho. We were so much better, so much more dominant, than it they must have been wondering why they are all bothering playing their boring defensive containment football if they can’t beat teams with no where near their budget and they get outplayed like that. Even when they beat us, they needed a bit of luck to scrape to a 1 goal win. We were a class apart.
What really surprised me was how much space we had in midfield. The reason Eriksen was great tonight was because he had very little pressure to deal with. Very uncharacteristic of a macaronhio team. I don't think we made them look bad as much as that they actually were bad. Goes back to what I was saying that their position in the table is way too flattering. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the top 4 by the end of the season. They've got 4 of the rest of the top 6 left to play (granted, 3 of them at home), so not an easy task to finish in top 4.

What really surprised me was how much space we had in midfield. The reason Eriksen was great tonight was because he had very little pressure to deal with. Very uncharacteristic of a macaronhio team. I don't think we made them look bad as much as that they actually were bad. Goes back to what I was saying that their position in the table is way too flattering. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the top 4 by the end of the season. They've got 4 of the rest of the top 6 left to play (granted, 3 of them at home), so not an easy task to finish in top 4.

Pogba went missing. Matic could not cover all the gaps. That's why he was the first to be subbed out. It is also worth mentioning that they play the same formation as us (4-2-3-1). But they looked completely toothless.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

They are not buying themselves out of trouble so much anymore, it is almost like he is trying to run it like a proper club finally.

They could even get a bit or respect from me if they took some time out for a few years and finally started promoting youngsters. They if they look like missing out on champs league will probably buy in the summer. Like I imagine Arse will after missing out two years in a row.

They have accumulated a pool of about 12.000 players out on loan during their cash doped years, though. It would take a couple of decades of them struggling in the lower leagues to make me consider them a proper football club again.

Always nice to see them struggle though.

Well that was a most excellent night at Wembley, especially after having to listen to gobby ManYoo fans telling me all week how Sanchez would tear apart "Harry Kane FC" :rolleyes:

So, even though it was a tad frustrating that we didn't turn our utter dominance of the 2nd half into a more humiliating scoreline, I was kinda pleased that we secured the win without needing a goal from Kane!

And after 2 decades of being cannon fodder for Fergie, it made such a refreshing change to see the ManU players' heads drop once that 2nd goal went in :cool:

Even their away section gave up hope long before the final whistle and decided to begin their schlep back... to London and Home Counties :oops:

20180201_070730.jpg

o_O

fell.jpg

:oops:

I’ve gotta say, it looked like Mourinho was furious that we had just carved them open after Fellaini was brought on with such ease, and he made the sub to make the point. Damage limitation because they looked utterly ragged.

I’m sure they’ll put it out there that Fellaini was injured but Mourinho’s reaction was one of fury, not a thoughtful ‘hmmm how do I reorganise my team’ which should usually get with an enforced sub.
Post match analysis on BT clearly showed Fellaini pulling up with a thigh injury after being dispossessed. So unless for some inexplicable reason he was feigning injury within minutes of coming on I think we can take it as genuine.

Hi everyone! Can somebody tell me if you enjoyied as me the tactical side of yesterday victory? I've found a nice video the explains it well enough

But....what a fantastic, awesome, incredible performance. I’d go as far to say one of the best I’ve seen us play, under Poch or any other manager. It was so so good. I missed about the first ten minutes, so maybe they looked half decent after we scored, but I thought they were absolutely hilariously bad. Second in the league, all of their key players fit, and we made them look like amateurs. What a win.

For that 10 minutes they came at us quite heavily, the game was really really open and they had a couple of chances.

Then we composed ourselves about the time you came into it and that was that.

Post match analysis on BT clearly showed Fellaini pulling up with a thigh injury after being dispossessed. So unless for some inexplicable reason he was feigning injury within minutes of coming on I think we can take it as genuine.

Does it not seem completely bizarre he had no support? He went off the pitch and down the tunnel alone.

Back