• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs ManMour***

It feels unlikely that Alderweireld, Aurier, Rose or Lamela will start; might be on the bench I guess.

I think he'll play the following, which will be a tad harsh on Son:

-------------------Lloris--------------------

--------Dier------Sanchez-----Vertonghen
--Trippier-----------------------------------Davies
------------Wanyama-----Dembele----------------
--------Dele-------------------------Eriksen
-----------------------Kane

subs: Vorm, Rose, Alderweireld, Sissoko, Lamela, Son, Llorente

Strong bench!!!!!!!!

------------------Lloris-----------------
------Sanchez---Toby---Verts---------
Aurier--Wanyama--Dembele--Davies
---Eriksen----------------------Son---
-------------------Kane----------------

Sunbs; Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Lamela, Sissoko, Llorente, Alli

Let's get an early goal past the bus and open the game up! 3-1 Spurs

That would be the team i would like to see ( if all are fit), except i would play Dier instead of Dembele.

I hate Utd more then ANY team so i will be bricking bricks during the game.

Where you @parklane1 at the 3-5 reverse in 2001?

I was mentally scarred by that game! Was sitting 5 yard to right of the goal where all goals went in!

Where you @parklane1 at the 3-5 reverse in 2001?

I was mentally scarred by that game! Was sitting 5 yard to right of the goal where all goals went in!

Yep i was, i was also at a few during the 60's when there were a few 5-1 games in favour of both teams. The main reason i dislike Utd is that i have family who have been UTD ST holders for years and i spent some time working up there and had them in my ear after all their title wins.

I was also in the crowd at O/T when one of our best ever players had his leg broke by Cantwell.

Yep i was, i was also at a few during the 60's when there were a few 5-1 games in favour of both teams. The main reason i dislike Utd is that i have family who have been UTD ST holders for years and i spent some time working up there and had them in my ear after all their title wins.

I was also in the crowd at O/T when one of our best ever players had his leg broke by Cantwell.

My Son was a big Beckham fan before he saw the light!
My son in laws family are/were all (SW London) United fans. Now he and the grandkids follow Brentford which much better. Xmas the oldest got his Deli Alli shirt. :D

Defend in numbers and hit on the break please.

This is the team that did the same to Liverpool:
  • Lloris
  • Alderweireld Dier
  • Sánchez
  • Vertonghen
  • Trippier
  • Eriksen?
  • Winks Wanyama
  • Alli
  • Aurier
  • Kane
  • Son Heung-min

Were Trippier and Aurier in the same team that day? Who started on the left?

Think we have to risk Toby if he is almost fit. With the next sequence of games, there isn't the opportunity to ease him in. Also, again if fit, Aurier gets the nod for me over Trippier who has been pretty poor recently. I have a coin toss on whether to start Alli or Son. I can't believe Wanyama and Dembele can be as bad again so would start them in the hope they recapture last season's imperious form, but would have Dier on emergency standby in case we are seeing a repeat of the Newport abomination.

So my team would be:

.....................Lloris.....................

......Toby.........Sanchez........Verts.....

Aurier......Wanyama.....Dembele......Davies

..............Eriksen.......Dele/Son.............

.......................Harry..........................

If Wanyama/Dembele did not work at Newport..etc, etc...Dier HAS to start. Massively important player for us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Team not working in last two games has more to do with Eriksen's absence and pitch conditions.

I don't see us playing Toby to start, not with zero minutes in 2 months.

If we chose 4 at back, could see Dier get rested, Jan/Sanchez in CB, Wanyama in front of them, if 5 at back, Dier plays.

Dembele is the only other question mark, based on his fitness record.

If we can start this game with Lloris, Toby, Sanchez and Jan it will be a huge boost.

Get Wanyama and Dembele in front of them and then go from there, get some solidity from last season back. I know Wanyama and Dembele were poor against Newport but different day and all that.

Based on current form, I do not think that Dier has done anything to warrant being dropped nor Wanyama enough to take his place.

Based on current form, I do not think that Dier has done anything to warrant being dropped nor Wanyama enough to take his place.
Don’t get me wrong it wouldn’t bother me one bit if Dier started ahead of Wanyama, just suspecting Wanyama should be fresh as a daisy after a few looserners and Dier literaly plays every game so could be less than 100%.

Erm outside of the Newport game Wanyama has looked one of the best players on the pitch in each of his previous involvments since coming back.from injury - if fit he should be starting

Don’t get me wrong it wouldn’t bother me one bit if Dier started ahead of Wanyama, just suspecting Wanyama should be fresh as a daisy after a few looserners and Dier literaly plays every game so could be less than 400%.

I agree that the margins between the two are so small that it really doesn't matter which one starts.

Edit: that fudging journo who kept asking about Real Madrid, had my blood boiling! Love that our press guy shut him down, but fudge me who is Jeremy and where can I find him?

Last edited:
I was mentally scarred by that game!
I was telling my lady just 10 minutes ago that that game scarred me emotionally. That and the home game against city when Wright Phillips tore us a new one.

I was mentally scarred by that game!
I was telling my lady just 10 minutes ago that that game scarred me emotionally. That and the home game against city when Wright Phillips tore us a new one.
Agreed. Ruined my life. Don't get me started. Amokachi in the cup. Judas going off injured in the semi and ArsAnal scoring while he was off. AAAAAAAAAARGH.

Back