• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

I'd start Aurier against City. I think that he is better form and is a better fit for the team.

Yeah you could swap him and Trippier around and you could also swap Winks and Dembele around.

But I think it's really important we go with the two different teams in their entirety, although I fear Poch won't do this. I've seen comments that suggest he might change most of it but total changes sadly I don't think he'll make.

And I say sadly because let's say Dier starts against city - that means at least one of Dier, Sanchez or Alderweireld would then start against wham. And then to make matters worse that same player would start again against wolves three days later and then again against psv two days later and then again against palace four days later.

Then said player goes off to international duty and gets run into the ground even further playing nation league games.

I don't think there is any margin here at all and the whole side will need to be changed for wham.

No way should Wanyama start this game nor Dembele in the defensive 2 as much as I love him. The quick passing will get around them too easily. Dembele is a good option off the bench but these days I don’t think he suits the defensive midfield role but rather playing more advanced as one of the three behind Kane. This is a game for Dier Winks and Aurier.

I'm inclined to agree but see the issue this causes in my other post just now.

No way should Wanyama start this game nor Dembele in the defensive 2 as much as I love him. The quick passing will get around them too easily. Dembele is a good option off the bench but these days I don’t think he suits the defensive midfield role but rather playing more advanced as one of the three behind Kane. This is a game for Dier Winks and Aurier.

We simply cannot afford to play Wanyama in this match. Dier and Winks all the way. Dele has to start too.

Yeah you could swap him and Trippier around and you could also swap Winks and Dembele around.

But I think it's really important we go with the two different teams in their entirety, although I fear Poch won't do this. I've seen comments that suggest he might change most of it but total changes sadly I don't think he'll make.

And I say sadly because let's say Dier starts against city - that means at least one of Dier, Sanchez or Alderweireld would then start against wham. And then to make matters worse that same player would start again against wolves three days later and then again against psv two days later and then again against palace four days later.

Then said player goes off to international duty and gets run into the ground even further playing nation league games.

I don't think there is any margin here at all and the whole side will need to be changed for wham.

I'd pair Winks and Trippier. Tripps can't beat a man, and so needs someone to play a ball in behind for him. Aurier has a rush of blood to the head every game but I think his all round defensive game is better than Trippier, so I'd go for him against City. He would also be more useful on the break which could be handy if we are pegged back.

Seems we always get spanked when we concede early against this lot. If we can get to half time 0-0 then we have a good chance in snatching a win.

We will probably concede within the first 10 minutes then end up losing 4 or 5 - 1

Seems we always get spanked when we concede early against this lot. If we can get to half time 0-0 then we have a good chance in snatching a win.

We will probably concede within the first 10 minutes then end up losing 4 or 5 - 1

Yep. The one thing we don't need is a defensive mistake that they will surely punish us for. We also cannot afford a slow start to this one, as they will be all over us from the starting whistle.

Stay tight at the back and avoid silly errors, and we could have a chance.

Lamela should definitely start this game. I would go with:

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Toby - Rose
Dier - Winks
Dele - Eriksen - Lamela
Kane

Assuming Dele is fully match fit, of course. Otherwise I'd have Moura in his place. I would also consider Aurier for Trippier because of his pace, but I'm still not confident he'll avoid the obligatory brain fart.

Yep. The one thing we don't need is a defensive mistake that they will surely punish us for. We also cannot afford a slow start to this one, as they will be all over us from the starting whistle.

Stay tight at the back and avoid silly errors, and we could have a chance.

Lamela should definitely start this game. I would go with:

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Toby - Rose
Dier - Winks
Dele - Eriksen - Lamela
Kane

Assuming Dele is fully match fit, of course. Otherwise I'd have Moura in his place. I would also consider Aurier for Trippier because of his pace, but I'm still not confident he'll avoid the obligatory brain fart.

Danny Rose has been ruled out with injury.

Looks like perfect conditions for Llorente to thrive, with a hat-trick of headed goals!

Isn't that just that square section in the middle of the pitch, that was also in that condition for other recent games we have played their?

It was caused by the hosting of the Anthony Joshua v Alexander Povetkin fight for the WBA Super, WBO, IBF and IBO World Heavyweight titles.

Obviously we need to see images of the pitch post the NFL game tho.

Isn't that just that square section in the middle of the pitch, that was also in that condition for other recent games we have played their?

It was caused by the hosting of the Anthony Joshua v Alexander Povetkin fight for the WBA Super, WBO, IBF and IBO World Heavyweight titles.

Obviously we need to see images of the pitch post the NFL game tho.
Looks like the gridiron cleats have worn a track right down the middle of the pitch plus where the squads stand on the sidelines.

Back