• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Brighton & Hove Albion

With fresh forwards, I think you can blame them for not getting back. But Johnson, Son and Kulu have been overworked without effective subs. Ange normally rotates his forwards from about 60 mins, simply because they are expected to press, score and defend.

The Johnson incident wasn't fatigue but cowardice from what I saw.

And I don't know, if Son is playing LWF is he really expected to be back covering Udogie in the kind of situation? I'm honestly not sure, I would love to see Ange's honest analysis of the goal. Midfielders cover when our FB's go roaming but seems odd if they're just left to cover multiple players in defense.

The tiredness thing seems a bit rich considering Brighton have played a load more games than us, but if you're right and they're overworked then we need viable reinforcements. At least Veliz got his first goal and looks an option, some good runs in there but the question is whether he is ready to start when Son is away..

I don't blame Ange. We are building the right squad for his needs. He's had one transfer window! Imo he's managed Veliz just right. He's looked pretty raw in the initial games, and is settling still. He is bring both Gil and Veliz on because there are no other options. It is that simple.
There are options
Donley has done it at every level here at the club. He is getting no time
Gil has done nothing for us in reality… but was given time in the adult game on loan in Spain for a brick team. So we brought him.
It’s odd for me to persevere with one player and not give the other a real chance.

Watching Arse-Spam now. There's just something about both sets of players being clearly identifiable out there.

At leasat we lost by 2 goals away from home. Still annoyed as we should draw that game. The Bentancur injury was such a blow really. No Maddison or him to settle the team and control the game.

And I don't know, if Son is playing LWF is he really expected to be back covering Udogie in the kind of situation? I'm honestly not sure, I would love to see Ange's honest analysis of the goal. Midfielders cover when our FB's go roaming but seems odd if they're just left to cover multiple players in defense.

The tiredness thing seems a bit rich considering Brighton have played a load more games than us, but if you're right and they're overworked then we need viable reinforcements. At least Veliz got his first goal and looks an option, some good runs in there but the question is whether he is ready to start when Son is away..

in man coverage, our left winger/forward takes their right (wing)back, in zone, our left winger/forward take the right most opposition player, everyone has a defensive responsibility

Cowardice? Confidence surely. Apparently they had two more days rest than us before this fixture?

The tiredness is key in match time spacing
Loads of games extra but randomly 2 days extra rest on us
Same as Bournemouth
That to me is wrong. With games happening quickly over Christmas that kind of disparity shouldn’t happen

There are options
Donley has done it at every level here at the club. He is getting no time
Gil has done nothing for us in reality… but was given time in the adult game on loan in Spain for a brick team. So we brought him.
It’s odd for me to persevere with one player and not give the other a real chance.
from our POV yes, but someone does see them in training all day every day

from our POV yes, but someone does see them in training all day every day
Yep
And training does not recreate match days
No matter what you say
Players and managers know that and comment on it too
But I will concede that Donley doesn’t play wide.. I’d argue Gil doesn’t really because he always goes backwards (so frustrating)

Yep
And training does not recreate match days
No matter what you say
Players and managers know that and comment on it too
But I will concede that Donley doesn’t play wide.. I’d argue Gil doesn’t really because he always goes backwards (so frustrating)

training should be harder than matches, its controlled

Honestly I don't think we played too bad. I've seen us play worse and lose by less. Brighton weren't all that, but the difference was luck. This could just as well been the opposite score. What we lack is a willingness to shoot, too much mucking about in and around the box. There were at least 3 or 4 chances that could've hit the target if taken instead of thinking and passing.

Still, it's weird that our confident pass-and-go from the start of the season has all but vanished. You would think that the players know each other and Ange's system way better now. Hopefully getting Maddison back will solve much of this. Relying on players like Højbjerg to fill that gap is asking too much.

Cowardice? Confidence surely. Apparently they had two more days rest than us before this fixture?

The cowardice mentioned is specifically aimed at Johnson in not closing down Estupinan's shot. It's an isolated incident but it didn't look good when you need players to put their bodies on the line for each other. Confidence wise the players were possibly lacking self belief for the 1st 3 quarters of the game but at least they can walk away having given it a good go. I do think Ange has instilled a good mentality/ belief in what we're trying to do fwiw.

I don't know whether the two days will have made a huge difference, but obviously both teams are up against it in terms of injuries. Every team has to deal with the cards they are dealt schedule wise, managers can bitch about it like Klopp but it's a case if it being what it is. Need more quality to be able to effectively rotate, it's not complicated.

The cowardice mentioned is specifically aimed at Johnson in not closing down Estupinan's shot. It's an isolated incident but it didn't look good when you need players to put their bodies on the line for each other. Confidence wise the players were possibly lacking self belief for the 1st 3 quarters of the game but at least they can walk away having given it a good go. I do think Ange has instilled a good mentality/ belief in what we're trying to do fwiw.

I don't know whether the two days will have made a huge difference, but obviously both teams are up against it in terms of injuries. Every team has to deal with the cards they are dealt schedule wise, managers can bitch about it like Klopp but it's a case if it being what it is. Need more quality to be able to effectively rotate, it's not complicated.

I thought it was about him not doing better when clean throuugh on the keeper, with men over to his left. Didn't notice him shirking a block. We need more forwards. Ideally Ange would rotate Johnson a little more, ease him in a little more. Build him up a little more. No such luxury atm. It has happened a few times - as soon as Johnson has something happen where he might have done better, it knocks his confidence. A cross he should have done better with can throw his whole game. He is feeling the pressure, and isn't yet able to feel confidence in his ability.

Back