• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Ah you can’t say that. They switched off at four. They probably wouldn’t at 2-0. They made us look very poor for 80 minutes and the score line didn’t flatter them.
They made a lot of subs and for them having the years rest… that was a scandalous ending IMO

They didn’t let us back in.. they retreated as we made more positive moves

Daft tactics IMO but then with so many players out it happens (for both sides)

A top football team cannot be undone by a straight ball over the top. It’s borderline negligence to have that happen. You want to defend with a very high line, fair enough but you can’t be undone like that.

On a number of occasions tonight, Brighton put us in lots of bother with balls over the top.
Any team playing without its defence can have that happen

We don’t have that happen when we have even one centre back

It wasn’t a high line, it was a lack of centre backs

A top football team cannot be undone by a straight ball over the top. It’s borderline negligence to have that happen. You want to defend with a very high line, fair enough but you can’t be undone like that.

On a number of occasions tonight, Brighton put us in lots of bother with balls over the top.

without even trying, a lot of them were just hacked clearances, but because we were such a mess defensively we couldn't cope

(and by that, I mean with the forward players not working back hard enough, no shade to the back 5 tonight, they were hung out to dry by those ahead of them, only Richie did his work on that front tonight imo, you defend with 11)

we had a perfectly good one on the bench

now, he can't play a high line, but we didn't have too

we need to be more flexible

Don't remember conceding a goal from it?

And please...don't blame Estupinan's goal on that. That was a screamer from a left back that happens from time-to-time.

I hated every minute of the game tonight.

It's too high stakes now, the result is everything, we have half a chance of regaining relevance and getting back in the CL next year, that's everything, I don't care what it looks like, I just want the points
Regaining relevance would be winning a trophy. That's the stick we are beaten with not how many top 4 cups we've won. Man United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine were in the CL this season did they look relevant to you?

Yet none of their goals came directly from balls over the top and them running in on goal?

The lack of Romero and VdV is a mitigating factor without doubt. But any 4 professional defenders should be capable of defending that.
Don't remember conceding a goal from it?

And please...don't blame Estupinan's goal on that. That was a screamer from a left back that happens from time-to-time.
It’s fine margins at this level. The chance doesn’t materialise if we defend the long ball properly. Admittedly we could have done more afterwards to stop it and it’s a great strike but what puts us under pressure is kamikaze defending.

defend properly and Hinshelwood is marked, Estupinian is closed down and the ball doesn't bounce around in the box and shirts don't get pulled for penalties

The Hinshelwood one was really bad, in no system can you leave a player with two opponents to mark at the back post and we had plenty of time to have sorted it out.

And the closing down of the shot, I don't want to seem like I'm chewing Johnson out as he's young and settling in but wtf, it's like he feinted going in to the way of the shot and then just thought "Nah I don't really fancy getting in the way of that thanks". That's just straight up not good enough

We were beasted tonight for the large majority of the game but could have stolen a point if you took away two needless penalties to concede. I get this idea of credit in the bank and it doesn't help to lay in to players but just nuts from Kulu in particular. These players have been told about VAR haven't they!?

The lack of Romero and VdV is a mitigating factor without doubt. But any 4 professional defenders should be capable of defending that.

It’s fine margins at this level. The chance doesn’t materialise if we defend the long ball properly. Admittedly we could have done more afterwards to stop it and it’s a great strike but what puts us under pressure is kamikaze defending.
Kamikaze defending...FMD mate 🤣

What puts us under pressure is the midfield and attack not being able to keep the ball. Do that job properly and we get away with having a backup CB and a RB playing there for us.

Regaining relevance would be winning a trophy. That's the stick we are beaten with not how many top 4 cups we've won. Man United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine were in the CL this season did they look relevant to you?

the right trophies, couldn't tell you who won either domestic cup recently

yes they did, because they were playing in the CL, and that's the pinnacle of the sport

The Hinshelwood one was really bad, in no system can you leave a player with two opponents to mark at the back post and we had plenty of time to have sorted it out.

And the closing down of the shot, I don't want to seem like I'm chewing Johnson out as he's young and settling in but wtf, it's like he feinted going in to the way of the shot and then just thought "Nah I don't really fancy getting in the way of that thanks". That's just straight up not good enough

We were beasted tonight for the large majority of the game but could have stolen a point if you took away two needless penalties to concede. I get this idea of credit in the bank and it doesn't help to lay in to players but just nuts from Kulu in particular. These players have been told about VAR haven't they!?

With fresh forwards, I think you can blame them for not getting back. But Johnson, Son and Kulu have been overworked without effective subs. Ange normally rotates his forwards from about 60 mins, simply because they are expected to press, score and defend.

Back