• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs - Antwerpenpenpen***

n17vg5yvlh461.jpg

Last nights side wasnt a team, it had players who could come into the first team and do a job but they dont click as a team and that's what is required of them cover for the first team.

Last nights side wasnt a team, it had players who could come into the first team and do a job but they dont click as a team and that's what is required of them cover for the first team.
That’s what always bothers me about people complaining about a performance from literally a second string XI. You are never going to get a flowing performance, if the players are of a good standard then you will get a few decent moves within the game etc but that’s all you can hope for - I have never seen a second string side play that well.

People then use this as evidence the squad/backups aren’t good enough - but the main aim of the backups are to slot into the settled first team when required and there is only ever really 2-3 main changes from that first team and they tend to be fine and don’t impact the first team performance....

I know I shouldn't be surprised that people moan about the performances in the EL despite the evidence of the previous games, we play a reserve team who only play together in this type of game against teams who are probably playing their biggest game of the season and are usually doing well domestically. These aren't great teams but they are competent and as long as it stays goal less they play with confidence.

We got through finishing top of table, which is all we could have asked for, let's move on to moan about hopeful victories in the League and FA cups.

This.

That’s what always bothers me about people complaining about a performance from non-figuratively a second string XI. You are never going to get a flowing performance, if the players are of a good standard then you will get a few decent moves within the game etc but that’s all you can hope for - I have never seen a second string side play that well.

People then use this as evidence the squad/backups aren’t good enough - but the main aim of the backups are to slot into the settled first team when required and there is only ever really 2-3 main changes from that first team and they tend to be fine and don’t impact the first team performance....

And this.

You're right. It's because he isn't sure of what he's said, and is scared the "Pro" next to him will disagree, so he keeps saying "isn't he" etc so Jenas has to go "erm...yeah....er..."

You must be hot, sweaty and knackered after 95 minutes of jogging on the spot and sliding around your floorboards pushing a chair... aren't you?

Indeed, I am. Healthier and happier. And, after a hot shower, a better lay. Says the women who should know.

Indeed, I am. Healthier and happier. And, after a hot shower, a better lay. Says the women who should know.

I wouldn’t like to own an igloo, or to subsist on walrus cheeks, or to see my children sacrificed by tribal elders to appease the maple syrup gods, or to watch ice hockey. Canadian life is nasty, brutish and short.

But the polygamy is definitely an upside.

You got it, Pontiac.

To quote an old advert for an extinct automobile brand.

And, gotta say, ice hockey is a simply fantastic sport. The world's fastest team sport.

I make my living shooting pics of sport and ice hockey is by far my favorite. Incredible sport to cover with an inherent system of rough, player-enforced justice that says; 'If you dive or flop to get a penalty, you are gonna be spittin' Chiclets in the minutes that follow'.

Fcukin' A boys. And if you don't get 'spittin' Chiclets', look it up.

You got it, Pontiac.

To quote an old advert for an extinct automobile brand.

And, gotta say, ice hockey is a simply fantastic sport. The world's fastest team sport.

I make my living shooting pics of sport and ice hockey is by far my favorite. Incredible sport to cover with an inherent system of rough, player-enforced justice that says; 'If you dive or flop to get a pelanty, you are gonna be spittin' Chiclets in the minutes that follow'.

Fcukin' A boys. And if you don't get 'spittin' Chiclets', look it up.

I like ice-hockey too. My second favourite sport. Let's go lightning, let's go!!!

Good to get the much needed win over Antwerp to finish top of the group. It was more satisfying to keep the clean sheet after the way we conceded 3 goals against LASK. Credit to Vinicius and Lo Celso for the goals. It was a great freekick from Bale but too bad it was saved by the goalie before Vinicius scored the rebound. Kane did well to assist our second goal but Lo Celso did really well to beat the goalie expertly. Thought Lo Celso played really well and deserved the goal. So, with this win we won this group and will be seeded for the Round of 32 draw. Let's hope we will get a favourable draw next.

Back