• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Manure vs Mighty Spurs

I think the reason it’s always so disappointing to lose to this rabble is because we always seem to play them when they are on the ropes, and we always seem to gift them the game. For almost all other teams, we’ve shaking that tag of being the ‘good team to play to get your form back’ off, but United under Mourinho for some reason we just haven’t done so yet when it matters.

I’m confident though. We are better. We are a club more comfortable with itself, more at one with its strategy. We have a player they want and really need in Toby, and we have class and depth all over the pitch with only Son being the biggest miss.

I think Mourinho’s motivational tactic of treating players like children to elicit some higher level of performance is wearing thin with increasing regularity, and he hasn’t got the players who would live up to his high demands. On the other hand, we’ve got Poch in to his 5th season with players experienced in themselves and experienced in our system and ethos, and I get the sense Poch now wants to push them hard, because there are no excuses. With that in mind, I see us winning.

Every year I believe that we can go and do them at old Trafford but time and time again I am left bitterly disappointed. I believe we can really do them this time 3-2 like the year we did them under AVB?

I think they have 2 players who'd get in our team (De Gea and Matic).
I’ll argue against both
De gea is a brilliant shot stopper but is Luke a vampire with crosses and never leaves his 6 years box.. would look awful with us

Matic IMO doesn’t excel at anything and is just a big lad who plays well and no more IMO. Dier for one is better as he has a decent passing range I’ve never seen from matic

Every year I believe that we can go and do them at old Trafford but time and time again I am left bitterly disappointed. I believe we can really do them this time 3-2 like the year we did them under AVB?

Every year we seem to play within ourselves

The timing of this game is potentially great for us as we have everyone looking match fit now and the pressure is on United

I am afraid i have come away from O/T on far too many occasions to have one for games there.

But we live in hope.

This.

As has been mentioned, the number of times we seem to go there at potentially the 'right time' and then roll over when we get there and have our belly tickled.

Once more it feels like a good time to go there, but you could argue the flipside, that after Brighton we could feel a backlash.

Heart says we should be coming away with at least a point. Head says 1-0 (Sanchez)

I’ll argue against both
De gea is a brilliant shot stopper but is Luke a vampire with crosses and never leaves his 6 years box.. would look awful with us

Matic IMO doesn’t excel at anything and is just a big lad who plays well and no more IMO. Dier for one is better as he has a decent passing range I’ve never seen from matic

Could definitely argue Hugo is the better sweeper keeper and suits us more. I do think that De Gea has been the best gk in the division the past few years though. IMO, Matic is a better defensive midfielder than Dier (at least, he has been over the past few seasons).

But yeah, you do have a point. Arguably, we wouldn't take any of their players in our first XI.

Could definitely argue Hugo is the better sweeper keeper and suits us more. I do think that De Gea has been the best gk in the division the past few years though. IMO, Matic is a better defensive midfielder than Dier (at least, he has been over the past few seasons).

But yeah, you do have a point. Arguably, we wouldn't take any of their players in our first XI.

But that sounds wrong doesn’t it when they finished above us ... it’s horses for courses and all opinions

I think ther issue is that other than De Gea they lack a true top class player

But that sounds wrong doesn’t it when they finished above us ... it’s horses for courses and all opinions

And they beat us in the cup semi-final too. So by all logic, we should want a bunch of their players in our team.

So let's say I give them De Gea and Matic for Hugo and Dier. They are generally a 4 at the back team, so we'll go 4231 formation. trip--toby--vert--davies. take any utd player there? nope. matic alongside pogba or dembele? as a deep midfielder, dembele is better imo. so the 3 behind the striker -- son--eriksen--dele. i wouldnt take any utd player there either. upfront, kane.

Generally speaking, I think Utd were ar5ehole lucky last season and De Gea saved them an abnormal amount of times. I think ourselves and Liverpool are both better than them, despite finishing lower last season.

Last edited:
This.

As has been mentioned, the number of times we seem to go there at potentially the 'right time' and then roll over when we get there and have our belly tickled.

Once more it feels like a good time to go there, but you could argue the flipside, that after Brighton we could feel a backlash.

Heart says we should be coming away with at least a point. Head says 1-0 (Sanchez)

Your head is obviously in FINE working order, as Davo is a great bet as only goalscorer!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sanchez, Pogba are both undoubtedly world class IMO it's just Jose isn't getting the best out of them.

Sanchez, Pogba are both undoubtedly world class IMO it's just Jose isn't getting the best out of them.

Pogba shows he has talent for France. But where does he fit in to a team that wants to win the Premier League?

For example, let's say you wanted to put him in our team. In a 4231, you could fit him in the '2' -- but he's not better than someone like Dembele in that deep midfield role, imo, Dembele is superior. So then you could try him at number 10 in the '3' behind Kane -- but he's nowhere near as good in that position as a player like Eriksen.

So then do you change your team to get the best from Pogba -- maybe 433? But then, is Pogba that good that you'd change your team's system and build the side around what's best for him? IMO, he is not at the level where you'd do that if you are a team trying to win the title.

Sanchez, I'm not sure about. He was a brilliant player, but I'm not sure he still has it. Remember when Torres fell off? Most people thought he would get back to somewhere near what he was, but he just got worse and worse. IMO, Sanchez might be at that point in his career (now watch the qunt score against us).

Pogba shows he has talent for France. But where does he fit in to a team that wants to win the Premier League?

For example, let's say you wanted to put him in our team. In a 4231, you could fit him in the '2' -- but he's not better than someone like Dembele in that deep midfield role, imo, Dembele is superior. So then you could try him at number 10 in the '3' behind Kane -- but he's nowhere near as good in that position as a player like Eriksen.

So then do you change your team to get the best from Pogba -- maybe 433? But then, is Pogba that good that you'd change your team's system and build the side around what's best for him? IMO, he is not at the level where you'd do that if you are a team trying to win the title.

Sanchez, I'm not sure about. He was a brilliant player, but I'm not sure he still has it. Remember when Torres fell off? Most people thought he would get back to somewhere near what he was, but he just got worse and worse. IMO, Sanchez might be at that point in his career (now watch the qunt score against us).
Sanchez has developed an amazing knack of loosing possession. Something is not right with him and long may it last.

If we had Pogba we’d rotate him with Sissoko.

Back