• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT EPL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Manchester United***

What's really impressive, which other posters have also mentioned, is that we play the same way regardless of who is on the pitch. And, more importantly, at a high level too. Maybe not as high as when our first choice players are out, but still at a level that allows us to go toe to toe with any team, even dominate. This is a far cry from the past (even under Poch) when 3-4 changes to the starting lineup resulted in a significant drop-off in our performance.

This manager we have is really something.
It really seems that way
I think that is what has scared fans of other clubs too
How can he do it
I said it to my dad yesterday, how has he got us playing in a way where there is always a passing option
I assume we must have a group of players all racking up a lot of miles per game. Maybe not the most but as a collective. The movement allows for the pass which allows for the next pass
Would be very interesting to see how it’s coached

early in the season we saw the drop off when we played Fulham. But I think now he knows the squad better and we shifted some that did not suit it etc.

It is impressive that we can continue to boss possession and look fluid even with so many players out. It still hurts in terms of quality up front, finishing. but now we have our first team defense available as other posters have said. That should help us in letting in less goals. Davies and Royal did admirably but their height at set pieces etc and its not their natural position did hinder them. Romero and VDV need some games to get back up to full speed.

Most teams you take out their spine. Two CB's Two midfielders and Forwards and they would be a mess. So I think that is what others are seeing. Wondering what we will do when we have a fully fit X1 again.

Everything felt very blunt. I thought Richarlison battled well but lacked quality in his touch (great goal though). Johnson really frustrating, Timo just landed. Midfield controlled the game well but just lack that spark. Not really sure how Bentancur got man of the match probably based on stats and because there were no other standouts.

I’m already super excited for next season. Another 6 months of ironing out the creases, getting players fit (and consistently fit) and a couple more quality additions in the summer transfer window and I think next season we have a real chance. Not that I’m writing off this season.
Didn't get to watch the entire match but this is largely how I felt about what I saw, the 2nd half in particular. The foundation is there, we can see it even with the patched up teams we've been putting out recently. It feels to me that we just need to add intelligently to the squad. As long as we bring in players suited to the system to fill in gaps with good attributes I really do believe in this side which is something I couldn't have said since probably 2016.

Didn't get to watch the entire match but this is largely how I felt about what I saw, the 2nd half in particular. The foundation is there, we can see it even with the patched up teams we've been putting out recently. It feels to me that we just need to add intelligently to the squad. As long as we bring in players suited to the system to fill in gaps with good attributes I really do believe in this side which is something I couldn't have said since probably 2016.

Essentially missing our front line it is understandable. Kulu, Maddison, Son. Only one of the players on show yesterday makes it into the first choice attack. Yes there will be rotation etc.

Werner or Johnson for me. And of these two Werner seems more likely as things stand but there isn’t much in it. Plus all of them (bar Gil who may go at the end of the window) should get plenty of minutes. Postecoglou will be able to sub on attackers after the hour mark and give us fresh impetus.

It really seems that way
I think that is what has scared fans of other clubs too
How can he do it
I said it to my dad yesterday, how has he got us playing in a way where there is always a passing option
I assume we must have a group of players all racking up a lot of miles per game. Maybe not the most but as a collective. The movement allows for the pass which allows for the next pass
Would be very interesting to see how it’s coached

My dad use to say "push and run" was Spurs way of playing, keep moving players and ball, started with Arthur Rowe.

Has no-one here mentioned what Ange partially revealed post-match, that a virus ran through the club and several of the players who did play were still recovering from that? A massive effort!!!!
Has been mentioned yes.

Really impressive with that combined with players missing, players just returning from injuries, Werner thrown straight in, a real lack of bench options.

Players did us, and Ange it seems, proud. Again, seems to be a repeating pattern this season.

A compiled average of 10 ratings given by the media and websites for our players v Man Utd.

Vicario...6.65
Porro.....7.50
Romero 7.30
Vdv........6.85
Udogie..6.85
Skipp.....6.80
Bentanc 8.05
Hojbjer...6.45
Johnso..5.35
Richi.......7.45
Werner....6.45

Something I've just realised which is a(nother) positive is that we have been away to the Goons, Emirates Marketing Project (with a depleted team) and Man U with a real depleted and ill struck team and drawn all three games. All too often these are fixtures that we have lost and even worse not turned up in (I appreciate there are a couple of anomolies especially Emirates Marketing Project).

But certainly more evidence that you can go to these teams away from home, impose ourselves, play Ange's way, go toe to toe and not get embarrassed....

Something I've just realised which is a(nother) positive is that we have been away to the Goons, Emirates Marketing Project (with a depleted team) and Man U with a real depleted and ill struck team and drawn all three games. All too often these are fixtures that we have lost and even worse not turned up in (I appreciate there are a couple of anomolies especially Emirates Marketing Project).

But certainly more evidence that you can go to these teams away from home, impose ourselves, play Ange's way, go toe to toe and not get embarrassed....
And come form behind in all 3

My own player ratings having watched in detail on Spursplay.

Vicario...6.5
Porro.....7.5
Romero.7.5
Vdv.........7
Udogie...7.5
Skipp.....6.5
Bentan...8
Hojbjerg 7
Johnson 6
Richi.......7.5
Verner....6.5

The scale I use is fairly representative of the usual often seen being 5 as poor ( not average)
6 OK but not good enough
6.5 acceptable
7 good
8 very good
9 excellent
10 near on perfect.
Below 5 is varying degrees of poorness.

During my deep dive on Spursplay I wanted to note how many times our highline caused problems for our defence.
It was 10 occasions and Utd were clearly playing the ball into the gap behind Porro. One goal resulted from it. On a few occasions it required last ditch defending and a couple of poor finishes to prevent further goals.
I understand the strategy but the first goal came very early as a result of the high line. I would expect some caution that early.

During my deep dive on Spursplay I wanted to note how many times our highline caused problems for our defence.
It was 10 occasions and Utd were clearly playing the ball into the gap behind Porro. One goal resulted from it. On a few occasions it required last ditch defending and a couple of poor finishes to prevent further goals.
I understand the strategy but the first goal came very early as a result of the high line. I would expect some caution that early.
I get you. I dont think its going to change though. its Ange's tactics to flood the central areas with the fullbacks. Its why we create so many chances and have this run of games with goals scored.

It works better when the midfield offers more cover. With no Sarr or Biss it was way more open. But Ange wont change that. I do think Second half Porro adjusted his position a bit. They did hardly anything down that side by then.

I get you. I dont think its going to change though. its Ange's tactics to flood the central areas with the fullbacks. Its why we create so many chances and have this run of games with goals scored.

It works better when the midfield offers more cover. With no Sarr or Biss it was way more open. But Ange wont change that. I do think Second half Porro adjusted his position a bit. They did hardly anything down that side by then.
It was how early we got caught that worried me. Its a warning perhaps not to get too high too early ?

It was how early we got caught that worried me. Its a warning perhaps not to get too high too early ?
agreed. I suppose there are two schools of thought. Sit in and start Solid and work into the game.

or.

Go full bore in the opening minutes to push the opposition back and get into the attacking flow.

we do tend to start games at a very high tempo.

agreed. I suppose there are two schools of thought. Sit in and start Solid and work into the game.

or.

Go full bore in the opening minutes to push the opposition back and get into the attacking flow.

For me it is perhaps not being so predictable. The one dimensional approach will get found out. We have pace up top now so hitting on the break could be another option. I have noticed particularly Vicario and Romero inviting the opposition to press sometimes. That opens spaces for us to run into.

or.

We must have started the second half at a high tempo... so much so, I missed Bentancur's goal

Once VdV is back up to speed that will be less of an issue.

How high was it?
We was attacking their goal
It ended up with them keeper and the whole pitch being used by both sides .. pretty much like the 2nd goal we scored
It’s normal and IMO wasn’t a high line
It looks like a high line because we’re the team that is attacking the most

Back