• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

[[OMGT - Tottenham vs QPR]]

QPR have done a number defensively on us. They are holding their position really well and closing down quickly when we start to get into more advanced positions.

That being said our work both on and off the ball has been poor. If we are going to break them down we need to pass quicker and we need more work off the ball. I agree someone like Dempsey with his work rate could help us here.

They havent really troubled us but with this kind of game if they did get one i think we would struggle to win.

And skyfarer made a good point up there; we're not releasing the ball fast enough. Every player picks it up and feels obliged to run forward fifteen yards before the thought of passing enters their heads. The only one of our outfield players who's been releasing the ball consistently quickly has been Daws, and he's been firing off those howitzers again.

Again I think the pitch is poor and has been a major factor.

Adebayor once again really wasn't at the races.

A half-time switch with Dempsey should make us both more competitive in midfield and pose a greater threat in front of goal.

Other than that, and the unfortunate injury to Sandro, not much wrong with Spurs' first half performance.

Dawson does have that good long ball out to Bale in his locker. But then it works once, twice, then he chooses to do it literally everytime.

That's the annoying thing, mix it up a bit otherwise you eliminate the element of surprise....

A lot of 50-50s, and we're not winning many of them. Too many getting caught dwelling on the ball as well. Adebayor has played like he thought he had a gentleman's agreement with the QPR defence just to let him have the ball when he wanted it.

- We are being outmuscled. Step it up boys.

- Is the pitch harder than we're used to? Everybody seems to have a bad touch on the ball.

- Dawson. Must. Not. Try. Long. Passes.

- Adebayor. WTF?

- Bale and Lennon need to get involved.

- Worst half of the season from Dembele.

That's a pretty accurate summary. I'd have Ade off we should get Dempsey on; goal threat and work rate. Exactly what we need.

Has AVB ever made a half time sub? i like that he tends to wait until the 60th minute. There's been quite a few times where a player we were all calling for to be substituted managed to score in that 15-20 minute period.

QPR at home. I believe he brought Caulker on? and put Vert left back when he started Bale there.

When an accomplished team closes us down consistently well, we don't have an 'out' ball. I actually think it might be more to do with Ade's brick, brick form than it does with our lack of a ball-circulator. If we have a quick, accurate passer who springs the offensive players as soon as we're in possession, then we can play the counter-attacking game, waiting for the other team to tire of our possession and come out for the ball, thus leaving spaces in behind.

However, it can also work if we have a big, fast, mobile forward who can hold the ball up, bring someone else into play (through a pass into the space vacated by defenders eager to close the big man down) and then turn towards goal quick enough to react to any resulting opportunities. A 'quick' playmaker is not necessarily needed then.

We have neither the playmaker nor the big, adept centre-forward, so we occasionally see this happening. Ade isn't the answer in his current rut.

Ah, well. We're not doing too badly all things told .But this does irk me somewhat.

Dawson does have that good long ball out to Bale in his locker. But then it works once, twice, then he chooses to do it literally everytime.

That's the annoying thing, mix it up a bit otherwise you eliminate the element of surprise....

This

Its bizarre that Dawson is the one stepping out of defence when you've Verts next to him. Its incredible, he must somehow believe in his own tiny mind that he's some sort Pirlo.

Really, how many have been succesful, what one, it surrenders possession and is fudging a joke..

To be fair I might be exaggerating. There were 2 posters early in the half going on about how they're loving his long balls, but since then I've seen everyone else bitching about it so I think they were just anomalies!

Too many long balls from Dawson. Also ref is slightly on their side, nothing major but a few pushes etc going on which they get when we do it but not vice versa.

To be fair we should have been more prepared for them to sit back in first half, was inevitable.

I think this could be a good game for Sig, he can thread a decent pass and also has a decent long shot which may be needed. Maybe get him on for Ade who has been useless?

I think 2nd half will just be more of the same.

Sadly, I see a last minute shocker letting them in for a winner with no time to recover.

Back