• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Conte seems incapable of not having another dig/strop over any given subject!
Its becoming a little tiring.

No its a good thing as its all part of driving performance up and creating a winning mentality.

No more mr nice guy at this club. You either perform at the top level in every aspect or you fudge off, plain and simple.

I doubt anyone on here can make the judgement of whether our medical staff are good bad or indifferent.
I don't disagree but our fitness levels and injury record seems poor by normal standards. Then again Lo celso seems to have advanced his international career while with us so the medical team must be doing some good.

I don't disagree but our fitness levels and injury record seems poor by normal standards. Then again Lo celso seems to have advanced his international career while with us so the medical team must be doing some good.
Our fitness levels seem poor??? Is that why we've run the most since Conte took over?

The injury record isn't poor, it's just that you are more aware of our injuries and not as up to date on other teams.
All teams go through patches were they have a lot of injuries and others were they have a few, there's a lot of luck involved.

the current stats exclude the recently departed lo celso and N'dombele
lamela now looks superfit and starting every game
sessegnon had a long recovery from injury... looks injured again

of course we have a of players that have remained fit and uninjured, but not starting. and if they do they almost always look like they lack match fitness, unlike players in the current top 4 clubs - who come back from a long lay off and score goals (against us!)
anecdotal perhaps but I have seen enough to surmise that we struggled with medical/fitness issues.

Conte's fitness coach looks like a great addition and I believe we are slowly seeing his impact
https://talksport.com/football/979939/tottenham-antonio-conte-giampiero-ventrone-fitness-coach/

Conte is probably closer to the situation than most of us, and I trust Conte if he chooses to point the finger at the medical team. I searched him up - Geoff Scott, Head of Medicine and Sports Science https://uk.linkedin.com/in/geoff-scott-8a160431 - the guy has been here almost 18 years !

Last edited:

of course we have a of players that have remained fit and uninjured, but not starting. and if they do they almost always look like they lack match fitness, unlike players in the current top 4 clubs - who come back from a long lay off and score goals (against us!)
anecdotal perhaps but I have seen enough to surmise that we don't have the best medical/fitness team set up.

Don't care about stats.

Pre season, said he did great on loan at norwich. So loan him to them again.

Then the first half of the season happened. I now think he's first name in cm, and am desperate for him to be fit.

Remember my freind asking me what carrick did the first season he was at spurs. Same answer. He just does.

Don't care about stats.

Pre season, said he did great on loan at norwich. So loan him to them again.

Then the first half of the season happened. I now think he's first name in cm, and am desperate for him to be fit.

Remember my freind asking me what carrick did the first season he was at spurs. Same answer. He just does.

sorry was editing my post with more information when you replied. Conte has made some sweeping changes that previous coaches weren't able to do. May he continue to sweep with his new broom.

sorry was editing my post with more information when you replied. Conte has made some sweeping changes that previous coaches weren't able to do. May he continue to sweep with his new broom.

Wasn't calling y,ou out or anything. Was just saying i really like skipp.

Not saying he'll be carrick level either.

I can't wait to see Skipp and Bentancur as our CM soon.

While I agree that this would be really good and interesting to see I also think Hojbjerg had a good game yesterday. Playing next to Bentancur, a bit longer between games. Obviously the type of game and (lack of) quality of the opposition helped to.

While I'm excited to see Bentancur and Skipp and I'm not quite convinced Conte will be in a hurry to leave Hojbjerg out when Skipp returns. Will be interesting to see what he does though.

While I agree that this would be really good and interesting to see I also think Hojbjerg had a good game yesterday. Playing next to Bentancur, a bit longer between games. Obviously the type of game and (lack of) quality of the opposition helped to.

While I'm excited to see Bentancur and Skipp and I'm not quite convinced Conte will be in a hurry to leave Hojbjerg out when Skipp returns. Will be interesting to see what he does though.

Hojberg was decent, an improvement on his current form but still to inconsistent and some poor decision making imho.

Hojberg was decent, an improvement on his current form but still to inconsistent and some poor decision making imho.

I genuinely think Skipp has been the overall better player of the two over the season. Consistency has been part of that. But it has also seemed like Hojbjerg has been ahead of Skipp in the pecking order. Perhaps a matter of matching Skipp a bit more carefully, managing minutes played for a young player, I don't know.

Just think it could also be that Hojbjerg offers some things that Skipp doesn't yet that are less obvious to us. He is a bit more of a physical presence. For all the comments about pointing and shouting he does seem like a leader in the group. He also has experience that Skipp lacks.

Will be interesting to see how what Conte ends up doing.

anecdotal perhaps but I have seen enough to surmise that we struggled with medical/fitness issues.

Conte's fitness coach looks like a great addition and I believe we are slowly seeing his impact
https://talksport.com/football/979939/tottenham-antonio-conte-giampiero-ventrone-fitness-coach/

Conte is probably closer to the situation than most of us, and I trust Conte if he chooses to point the finger at the medical team. I searched him up - Geoff Scott, Head of Medicine and Sports Science https://uk.linkedin.com/in/geoff-scott-8a160431 - the guy has been here almost 18 years !
You don't half come up with some crap and pull stuff out of mid air and state it as fact to try and back up your point.
Lamela looks super fit and starting every game?? He's just back from being out for 4 months, a 20 second fact check and you'd see that: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/erik-lamela/verletzungen/spieler/111630
Why would Lo Celso and N'dombele be included when they don't play for us? You really are stretching it to try and prove a point.

Players lacking match sharpness and game time has got zero to do with the medical staff.

Unless someone on here is qualified to judge the medical setup and has access to the players medical records then none of us have a clue how good the medical staff are.

I genuinely think Skipp has been the overall better player of the two over the season. Consistency has been part of that. But it has also seemed like Hojbjerg has been ahead of Skipp in the pecking order. Perhaps a matter of matching Skipp a bit more carefully, managing minutes played for a young player, I don't know.

Just think it could also be that Hojbjerg offers some things that Skipp doesn't yet that are less obvious to us. He is a bit more of a physical presence. For all the comments about pointing and shouting he does seem like a leader in the group. He also has experience that Skipp lacks.

Will be interesting to see how what Conte ends up doing.
It worth considering style match ups as well. I think Bentancur is stylistically very controlled and calm, aware of his surroundings and on top of most situations. PEH is a bit more of a fire fighter, takes responsibility, never hides, leads but is very much caught up in the hubbub of the game. They compliment well. Winks is like PEH in that he is a live wire and permanently has that nervous energy. When paired it can look a bit 'all action' and manic.

I've got a feeling Bentancur/Skipp might just be quietly efficient and effective, two intelligent players ending up understanding each others game perfectly.

It worth considering style match ups as well. I think Bentancur is stylistically very controlled and calm, aware of his surroundings and on top of most situations. PEH is a bit more of a fire fighter, takes responsibility, never hides, leads but is very much caught up in the hubbub of the game. They compliment well. Winks is like PEH in that he is a live wire and permanently has that nervous energy. When paired it can look a bit 'all action' and manic.

I've got a feeling Bentancur/Skipp might just be quietly efficient and effective, two intelligent players ending up understanding each others game perfectly.

My suspicion is that Conte will favour experience in the run in and we will have to wait until next season to see Skipp and Bentancur together regularly

Agreed. I wonder if the fact that Skipp looks more Steptoe than Ginola counts against him? He looks as though he should be a 110% blood-and-thunder clogger, but actually, I think he's a lot more cultured than that. Reads the game well, plays it simple when he can, doesn't hide, etc.

My suspicion is that Conte will favour experience in the run in and we will have to wait until next season to see Skipp and Bentancur together regularly
I think that's a good call. Hopefully Skipp can regain fitness though, as an option to rotate in (especially as sub) he's rock solid.

Back