• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OFT - Tottenham Vs Shakhtar

All in all, brilliant, I know its weaker oppo but you can only say what you have seen and that was brilliant.

Wave after wave of attack, defence is going to be a concern, but the idea we keep the ball and attack with more intent will help counter some of that.

The style of football is something I am not ashamed to say I am delighted about, absolutely stunning at times.

Lots of nice surprises...
Royal is a pretty good midfielder
Devine has a sweet effortless strike on him
Udogie is playing way ahead of his age
We are playing the ball into space instead of feet a lot more

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk
Effortless is right...he put in zero effort today.

I thought this was a fantastic performance. Shatkar aren’t mugs - they’re the type of team who would (have?) knock us out in Europa knockout rounds.

We absolutely tore them apart and I think it’s so encouraging to see the team put that much energy into a preseason friendly. Especially considering we didn’t put 80% of that effort into any game post January.

I didn’t expect such a good performance. At the very least I’m excited for the season to begin now and optimistic. Ange has won me over.

Lots of nice surprises...
Royal is a pretty good midfielder
Devine has a sweet effortless strike on him
Udogie is playing way ahead of his age
We are playing the ball into space instead of feet a lot more

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk
Devine???

No matter what you think of the opposition the players looked liked the enjoyed that even in the first half, there will be tougher games and a quick Cb will help combat the ball over the top, Brentford will give us a good idea of how we handle that. Liked Sarr, Maddison and Udogie looks a million times better than anything we've had playing there for some time. I thought our wingers could have tried going for the line a bit more as although coming back on their stronger foot and keeping possession they slowed our attacks.

Interesting that Bissouma didn’t get any minutes today - does he have a knock? Or slipped down the pecking order for some reason? Seemed pretty clearly to be our best XI at every other position.

Interesting that Bissouma didn’t get any minutes today - does he have a knock? Or slipped down the pecking order for some reason? Seemed pretty clearly to be our best XI at every other position.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 80/90mins on Tuesday.

Just seen the highlights and noticed Pyatov in goal for Shakthar. Dude is 39 years old and had retired. Perhaps due to the Ukrainian war, their teams are missing key players from their roster.

Good result but I am taking this with a pinch of salt. I qualify SD on same level as the Sailors we played earlier. Perfect friendly.

Just seen the highlights and noticed Pyatov in goal for Shakthar. Dude is 39 years old and had retired. Perhaps due to the Ukrainian war, their teams are missing key players from their roster.

Good result but I am taking this with a pinch of salt. I qualify SD on same level as the Sailors we played earlier. Perfect friendly.
He played 15 minutes mate, the score was 0-0 when he went off….

It was a planned thing for him to come off in the 16th minute, to celebrate his 16 years at the club. (I was at the match and they announced it).

I loved watching that match more than most games we've played since 2019. Wow, we were on the front foot. Lovely interplay all over the place. Sure, we've defensively unstable still, but that offense! Wow. I just loved that. Maddison was incredible. Kulu must've shot at least 10 shots? Haha. He looks like his old self again. I just loved that game. Can't wait for Brentford. :)

I thought this was a fantastic performance. Shatkar aren’t mugs - they’re the type of team who would (have?) knock us out in Europa knockout rounds.

We absolutely tore them apart and I think it’s so encouraging to see the team put that much energy into a preseason friendly. Especially considering we didn’t put 80% of that effort into any game post January.

I didn’t expect such a good performance. At the very least I’m excited for the season to begin now and optimistic. Ange has won me over.

Same. Loved it! That's not to say we'll definitely win against Brentford, but our tactical plan looks clear. And we'll attack. This will be fun. :)

Back