• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Anyone playing Elder Scrolls? Any good?

I've got a PS4 and just read release has been put back about six months!

i'm hearing not-so-great things about the PC version. actually, i played the beta for a day or two and i personally didn't have much fun. the whole MMO aspect of it really kills the sense of immersion elder scrolls games usually offer. you can't just go into NPC's houses and burgle them in their sleep or murder NPCs that give quests. it's a static world that didn't give me the feeling of permanence or power.

I got into Skyrim, first game of its type Ive ever gone for. Loved it.
Was bugged, didnt kill it for me but I can understand why they are putting this one back.
Wary of t being online only, I normally like to be crap at games at my own pace :)

Can anyone help with a FM14 problem?

My mate gave me the disc but it can only be run on steam. I used the product code but my mate had already used it so it wouldnt work for me. I looked around online and it says you can download a random key generator. Does anyone know how safe they are for my laptop, as I would rather not have any viruses.

Thanks

My mate gave me the disc but it can only be run on steam. I used the product code but my mate had already used it so it wouldnt work for me. I looked around online and it says you can download a random key generator. Does anyone know how safe they are for my laptop, as I would rather not have any viruses.

Thanks

You can buy it for like a fiver these days I think, just do that. Quite hard to find a key generator if you dont know where to look.. and you might end up downloading a few viruses..

Thanks

Did you try?

My brother had FM on his computer and I just logged into his steam and installed it onto my PC. Easy. I'm sure you can use the same key on up to 3 different computers. Suppose it's whether your mate wants you to log into his steam, although you could always unplug your internet and install it offline without using steam.

I'm playing Sleeping Dogs now, very enjoyable game. GTA with martial arts fighting and free running. Really good game. :)

I didn't like Watchdogs at first, but as the game progresses I got more and more hooked. I haven't played online though.

Oh and anyone considering purchasing Dark Souls 2, don't. It's atrocious. An absolute travesty considering the fantastic game that is the original Dark Souls.

Just started Watch Dogs, I'm enjoying it, but all the info popping up all the time is getting on my nerves a bit. HACK THIS, HACK THAT, CRIME TAKING PLACE, HACK THIS, LISTEN TO THIS, all the friggin time. I haven't really understood why he's working as some sort of undercover cop either, why are you asked to stop crimes all the time when you're a criminal yourself?

Oh, and, why oh why can't you shoot while driving? The "take down the guy in the car"-missions become oh so tedious when you can't shoot from your damn car. Oh, well, still a fun game.

Just started Watch Dogs, I'm enjoying it, but all the info popping up all the time is getting on my nerves a bit. HACK THIS, HACK THAT, CRIME TAKING PLACE, HACK THIS, LISTEN TO THIS, all the friggin time. I haven't really understood why he's working as some sort of undercover cop either, why are you asked to stop crimes all the time when you're a criminal yourself?

Oh, and, why oh why can't you shoot while driving? The "take down the guy in the car"-missions become oh so tedious when you can't shoot from your damn car. Oh, well, still a fun game.

Massive annoyance of mine as well.

Forget about what I said. This game is ****ing stupid. Had I know it was made by the same incompetent fools that made the Assassin's Creed games, I never would have bought it. Same stupid game mechanics. You can sneak up to a guy, kill him right in front of his gangster friend, and the friend won't see you, even if you do it straight in front of him. There are evidently tons of these car chasing missions, but you can't ****ing shoot from a car! And there are no good ways of taking down a car other than ramming it with your car and hacking bridges and whatnot, which is just dumb. And I've played this game for maybe 4 hours now, and the story hasn't moved a centimeter yet, I still have no clue what the hell is going on. He's a hacker, OK, someone killed his niece, he's gonna find the guy behind it, right, but why is he doing all this vigilante bull****? I know it's filler to make the game more interesting to play, but it just doesn't make sense.

And it keeps showing me new menus all the time. "NEW BLA BLA BLA UNLOCKED" - Ok, I don't care. "CHECK PROGRESS ON TOE NAIL CLIPPING" - oh, right, do I have to? "YES!". Damn, bummer. "CHASE DOWN THIS CRIMINAL" - do I have to? - "YES!" - why? - "WE WON'T TELL YOU". It's like that incredibly lame virtual reality gimmick they had going with Assassin's Creed, there's no obvious point to having it there.

Aiming, sneaking, running, driving, there's just something about the game mechanics of these Assassin's Creeds games I just don't like. Lacks realism and a finer touch. Coming from playing the brilliant Sleeping Dogs, this has turned out to be quite a disappointment. Damn annoying game - I'm trading it in tomorrow - anyone got any good open world games to recommend?

Last edited:
I'd stick with it for a bit more. It is extremely frustrating, but has its moments.

By the way, I found planting some IED near traffic lights and then hacking them (causing a pile-up) a good way of taking cars down.

Got Dark Souls for free from the xbox live marketplace a few weeks back. Was delighted as I was planning on getting it anyway but I'm an hour in and really don't see the hype? The combat thing is overly simple and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or where to go.

Got Dark Souls for free from the xbox live marketplace a few weeks back. Was delighted as I was planning on getting it anyway but I'm an hour in and really don't see the hype? The combat thing is overly simple and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or where to go.

Stick with it. Also check Google for a Dark Souls Wikipedia that helps.

Where have you got to?

Guys.. so what is the consensus then..

Xbox One or PS4.

Should one wait for the Christmas deals and pricewar?

What would you do.. have they brought out a mk2 version yet on either console.

Back