• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

2 years after buying it I’m giving Cyberpunk 2077 another chance, PS5 upgrade version, first few hours and reckon it may well be a goer now.

What a brickshow the first 18 months was.
I too am giving it another go, recently built a new PC that can actually handle the game respectfully so I figured it was a good time to hop back in. It's still a bit janky in places and it won't ever give me Witcher 3 vibes of a) setting, b) story, and c) characters, but the combat is good and I like the skill trees. The driving is way better now too which makes traversing Night City way less painful.
IMO, games with bespoke protagonists tend to have better, more streamlined stories because that's way less work than the open-ended character you can make in a game like CP2077. Despite that, the story is still pretty good and it's pretty fun to experiment with different weapons. Hope you're still enjoying the experience!

I too am giving it another go, recently built a new PC that can actually handle the game respectfully so I figured it was a good time to hop back in. It's still a bit janky in places and it won't ever give me Witcher 3 vibes of a) setting, b) story, and c) characters, but the combat is good and I like the skill trees. The driving is way better now too which makes traversing Night City way less painful.
IMO, games with bespoke protagonists tend to have better, more streamlined stories because that's way less work than the open-ended character you can make in a game like CP2077. Despite that, the story is still pretty good and it's pretty fun to experiment with different weapons. Hope you're still enjoying the experience!

Really, really enjoying it. It is a bit janky, find the running and general traversal of things to be most janky but they have fixed it with this PS5 version for sure, the odd visual bug and I’ve seen one T pose so far but I’ve got right into it.

Agree on the created character thing, I love the Witcher games but I do play them as “What would Geralt do” and I find that style enjoyable for those games, but yeh it’s fun to do an actual role in an RPG.

I don’t usually play RPGs, mainly just Fallout, Witcher and now this and I’m getting a bit obsessed with all the mods and wares. I’ll be creating a fudging spreadsheet soon.

Managed to squeeze 2 quick games on the new Modern Warfare 2, quite enjoyed it. People moaning about the bridge map with loads of cars, found it really fun and despite being my first TDM match, came top with 20 kills and haven't even unlocked Loadouts yet.

Started playing Days Gone on the PS5, old game but really enjoyable and slick

Also got the last of us remake for PS5 to start, loads of hour to lose coming up

Started playing Days Gone on the PS5, old game but really enjoyable and slick

Also got the last of us remake for PS5 to start, loads of hour to lose coming up
Days gone was really good. Hope they make another.
Last of us are just brilliant games. Not to long ago finished part 2.

Been thinking about getting PS5 for a while just not seen any games yet that I think I must have that on there.

Days gone was really good. Hope they make another.
Last of us are just brilliant games. Not to long ago finished part 2.

Been thinking about getting PS5 for a while just not seen any games yet that I think I must have that on there.

Yeh I've mostly played PS4 remakes TBH, loads of stuff in the offing though and it is a spectacular bit of kit graphics wise.

Yeh I've mostly played PS4 remakes TBH, loads of stuff in the offing though and it is a spectacular bit of kit graphics wise.

Normally takes a while to exploit the new systems full potential so in the next year or so we will see how far they can push it. Looking forward to some good new games .

A few games to start on

View attachment 14811

My boys have a few of these. One is loving the Star Wars game at the minute. You basically play through all the movies and can switch between characters whenever you like. I play with him sometimes split screen.

Mario Kart is obviously a classic and good multiplayer fun.

FIFA is, well FIFA, my youngest loves it. Although I tried to set him up on FIFA Ultimate Team the other day and it is so complicated I almost gave up. You can't play it on a kids Switch account so had to set up a second adult account (and an EA account!) And now he knows he has to use that one just for Fifa. Pain in the ass that was!!

They play Animal Crossing sometimes but its a bit slow to be honest. But they do come back to it from time to time and figure out some cool stuff like fishing etc.

Like MKSpur says. We prefer to download games from the online store instead. Then you don't have to worry about changing the games or losing them like mine do! There's a copy Mario Party somewhere in my car that we haven't found still after 6months!!!

Am part way through Days Gone and I love it, its a decent mix of Fry Cry and the Last of Us. Really enjoying it

The Hordes missions are quality. The very last one is crazy and took many attempts and a look at youtube video to see how to crack it.

such a great game.

The Hordes missions are quality. The very last one is crazy and took many attempts and a look at youtube video to see how to crack it.

such a great game.

I love the dynamic with the bike and keeping it fueled and the difference in day and night difficulty which generally sees me looking for a bed to see out the night.

What I love is the missions don't seem same same like other games and also feel like your achieving towards the end of the game

I love the dynamic with the bike and keeping it fueled and the difference in day and night difficulty which generally sees me looking for a bed to see out the night.

What I love is the missions don't seem same same like other games and also feel like your achieving towards the end of the game

Some of the missions are a bit repeated during the game . Like the Nero checkpoints. And the bunkers but again they all progress you to better health and focus etc. Also opening up the map and more crafting abilities.

If you stick to the main story it progresses nicely and there’s enough there to spur you on to see its completion. I did a load of side missions some are good.

The ability to fast travel helps to keep it moving. Sometimes good to ride about at night but can get in trouble if you bump into a horde.

Back