• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Best thing to have been broadcasted IMO. The Bastogne episode, ah man, won't say anything in case you haven't made it that far yet but fudge.....
Yeah we’re on episode 9
Started Sunday night so will have it done tonight
It’s from but enthralling at the same time
Some great hidden cameos too

Yeah we’re on episode 9
Started Sunday night so will have it done tonight
It’s from but enthralling at the same time
Some great hidden cameos too

Agreed 100%. A lot of people who weren't well known at the time having one or two lines ie Fassbender / Tom Hardy...Although Jimmy Fallon kills a vibe but only for a few moments! Props to David Schwimmer as well, so convincing in his role which is a world apart from his character in friends of course.

There's a trip that follows 501st company's journey including the museum dedicated to them in Bastogne itself IIRC would love to do it one day, when travelling like that is possible again.

It's a must watch for absolutely everyone imo.

Me I've been on a sci fi binge, taking in latest seasons of Star trek Discovery, The Expanse and revisiting Picard. Also done The Witcher too which was badass despite me not knowing too much of the games.

Agreed 400%. A lot of people who weren't well known at the time having one or two lines ie Fassbender / Tom Hardy...Although Jimmy Fallon kills a vibe but only for a few moments! Props to David Schwimmer as well, so convincing in his role which is a world apart from his character in friends of course.

There's a trip that follows 501st company's journey including the museum dedicated to them in Bastogne itself IIRC would love to do it one day, when travelling like that is possible again.

Me I've been on a sci fi binge, taking in latest seasons of Star trek Discovery, The Expanse and revisiting Picard. Also done The Witcher too which was badass despite me not knowing too much of the games.
I like the Witcher
Didn’t know it was a game

any takers for the Pacific?

I'm a WW2 nut and enjoyed it but not as much BoB.
Agreed Band of Brothers was better but the pacific is still up there not far off. The same people who made those two are making a third ten parter about the American bomber crews called Masters Of Air .

The book by Sledge from the pacific is a harrowing read well worth a go.

Also if you are a WW2 nut you should try the “We Have Ways of making you talk “ podcast

Last edited:
Agreed Band of Brothers was better but the pacific is still up there not far off. The same people who made those two are making a third ten parter about the American bomber crews called Masters Of Air .

Also if you are a WW2 nut you should try the “We Have Ways of making you talk “ podcast

Masters Of Air sounds right up my ally!

I'll have a look at the rest tomorrow

Agreed 400%. A lot of people who weren't well known at the time having one or two lines ie Fassbender / Tom Hardy...Although Jimmy Fallon kills a vibe but only for a few moments! Props to David Schwimmer as well, so convincing in his role which is a world apart from his character in friends of course.

Band of Brothers is so good. I think it crept up on me how good it was... the episode in the snow - half way though I realised I was on the edge of my seat, sweaty palms, glued to the screen.

The Expanse - also incredible, another slow burner where I hadn’t fully locked in to what was going on, then suddenly realised, ‘this is awesome’. I went back and watched S1-4 just as 5 started. What I found with it is you have to stay engaged - not a scene or piece of information is wasted. So now, if I do get distracted or zone out a tad, or hear a name or planet and can’t place it, I’ll rewind and make sure I’ve locked fully into it. As it all pays off. Finished S5 last night. Just brilliant. Sad that S6 is the last, although apparently some hope they may pick up again later as there’s meant to be something in the books (no spoilers) where a gap isn’t a problem.

Thought the Witcher was ‘ok’.... up until the Bard dropped ‘that’ song!!! WTf, where did that come from, it was freaking awesome! Spent the next 5 or so episodes going ‘sing the song, sing the fudging song again!!!’ Enjoyed it.

Bad news though, Star Trek Discovery is complete toss. So gutted as it should have been amazing and the premise for S3 should have made it the best. But oh my GHod did they fumble it. The whole thing is a bloody mess. They seem to have no clear idea of what they want it to be, the characters are completely unlikeable, and it’s a non stop snivelling tear fest. I’ll sit though most crap if I’m in invested but oh my lord I just want them all dead and for it to end!!!

The 9th episode when they find the things the didn’t know existed was a horrendous experience to watch (in a good way)
I never knew that we didn’t know they existed
It’s so well done

Has anyone else watched Banshee, good old violent /nudity/swearing series on Sky Atlantic, only 4 seasons, on the third now. An ex con pretending to be a cop in an Amish community fighting local mafia and racists and throw in some Ukrainian mobsters too lol.

Very good.

Has anyone else watched Banshee, good old violent /nudity/swearing series on Sky Atlantic, only 4 seasons, on the third now. An ex con pretending to be a cop in an Amish community fighting local mafia and racists and throw in some Ukrainian mobsters too lol.

Very good.
Loved it
Slightly mental
Well made
Very odd

Back