• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Technology Thread ***

5.1 from a soundbar? Do you use a bar Crawley?

I'd had a look at that Bose Solo thing actually, but that's supposed to be pretty booming in the bass end.

The other advantage of a receiver is the extra inputs (at the moment I have 3 HDMI sources to 2 HDMI inputs on the telly), but on a newer, bigger telly I'd probably have those anyway.

I'd had a look at that Bose Solo thing actually, but that's supposed to be pretty booming in the bass end.

The other advantage of a receiver is the extra inputs (at the moment I have 3 HDMI sources to 2 HDMI inputs on the telly), but on a newer, bigger telly I'd probably have those anyway.

No, I've just bought a new Panasonic system with hard wired 5.1. Ran all the cables across the floor before the new carpet was laid.

But my mate is about to get the Bose sound bar system......looks good.

As for the HDMIs....it depends how you wire them.

I have Sky HD (Virgin from tomorrow) with HDMI into the Panasonic home theatre. Also, PS3 also HDMI into another input on the Panny, then one final HDMI from the Panny output into just 1 HDMI slot on the TV (there are 2 available on my old Plasma). Works a treat

Is it possible to link Sonos up to your tv setup with it sounding decent? Want to try and integrate all my technology

Couldn't find a thread for random technical questions so thought I'd ask in here...

Looking to get a new TV but it's been a few years since I last shopped around for a new one and I was wondering:
Are there TVs out now with decent internet/web browsers? I'm thinking mainly for using to stream movies and sport etc. I'm currently connecting my laptop up via HDMI and watching everytime I find a film to watch etc but if there are TVs with decent internet out there so I can watch stuff via the internet on TV and still use laptop separately that would be a bonus.

Nice, Is says it has a full web browser. Are there many models that have this now or is this one of the first?

I believe that everything that is classed as a "Smart" TV has the browsers, may be some that do not, but as to the spec of what the browser can display etc then I honestly do not know.

The linked example is html5 so it will perform pretty much like your pc and Panny's have their viera connect too for other panasonic devices too.

I left my 50" plasma back in UK for my mum, great tv, and have a 32" led one currently here which is why looking at these and not fussed that its not 3D as to me its a gimmick that I do not nor ever will care for really.

See if you can get to demo a smart tv and try to run noobroom7.com on it (current url) will give you an idea how it handles the streaming.

All of the built in web browsers I have come accross on smart TVs are poo, also have fun typing with a remote control! Although some do have a phone app.

All of the built in web browsers I have come accross on smart TVs are poo, also have fun typing with a remote control! Although some do have a phone app.

If true, why no wireless keyboard/mouse compatibility..

Would instantly solve the typing issue.

As Boonie said - avoid trying to browse on a TV. Best bet is to get something that's DLNA compatible and stream from your phone/tablet.

Oh and I just discovered Zeebox on my ipad, it gives a full tv guide and I can control my Sky HD box with it. Also has live Tweeting about each show, great app for tele addicts!

guys - any recommendations for a budget Tablet?

can you use a portable hard drive (usb) with them? - only really going to be used to watch movies and play music via the hard drive/travel speaker whilst abroad over Christmas

whilst im here - any recommendations for a bluetooth travel speaker? :D

speaker needs to be quite loud - fill a decent sized room

Back