• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Played well, got involved a lot and had quite a bit to do with some of our better moves.

On the downside he didn't pose too much of a goal threat.

Perspective is required. 1st game away at the Toon. He was okay, plenty more to come from him.

He'll be in contention for our player of the year.

VDV is far more creative but I Sig is quicker and more disciplined in staying up front

I agree he is definately more disciplined and will get goals The problem is will he get enough when you cant expect much from Sandro, Livermore and Lennon. Unless we pick up more from set pieces Sig, Bale and Defoe/new striker will have to be consistant and effective.

I thought he looked intelligent, a good footballer and that he'll be a decent addition

However I dont see him as a starter as, for me, in AVB's 4-2-3-1 I would play Bale - VdV - Lennon as the 3. VdV has more goal threat and creativity

Couple of shots today off target that flew in for Swansea last season but that's par for the course with us.

Too early to say. The measure of Sig for me will be how many goals he scores because he can be anonymous. Biggest issue though is the lack of Modric, who is so vital to how we play.

I think he did okay yesterday, didn't exactly set the world alight - but which of our players did? He's going to be much better than VDV on the break, and obviously like to have a shot at goal. Better service further up the pitch from, say, Modric and he might have had a bigger influence on the game.

Only time will tell, excited to see what he does for us.

Back