• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Maybe, but it proves that Chelsea and City also aren't very good teams compared to other European teams.

It proves that Real Madrid and Dortmund are better than City, two of the teams that made it all the way to the semi final.

Whilst Chelsea were the 6th best English team at the end of last season. So i was not surprised they did not make it far in the Champions League.

i don't think using a cup competition to summarize a leagues quality is in anyway accurate

If it was a true cup competition I'd agree, but the mini leagues are different now. Also in the Europa League we were very poor, hardly winning any games despite playing a very strong side.

You English need to understand a simple truth. The Premiership isn't as good as it was. Years of only having a few teams capable of challenging have taken their toll and what you are left with now is six teams that are dominant, with the occasional team challenging for one season only, and the rest being cannon fodder.

It proves that Real Madrid and Dortmund are better than City, two of the teams that made it all the way to the semi final.

Whilst Chelsea were the 6th best English team at the end of last season. So i was not surprised they did not make it far in the Champions League.

I'd say Chelsea finishing 6th last season was a disaster for them. They should have been fighting for the title for sure. But then I think they should have been fighting for it this season too. Very odd how they have underperformed so much the last two years, but maybe they just aren't as good as people think they are.

yeah all these other super competitive leagues are really putting us to shame
- which ones are they again?

I love the Premiership the most and it is the biggest and most entertaining, but I'd say it's the third best league right now in terms of quality.

where did you rate the premier league last season?

when was the last time you considered it no.1 (if you ever did)

What a game though. Got to give them credit for never giving it up...
I just knew they'd get a goal and backed them to win, at ridiculous odds, right at the end of the game. Which make it a little easier to bear.

Every time you think it can't get any worse, Chelsea manage to find a whole new level of jammy, spawny ****s.

What a game though. Got to give them credit for never giving it up...
I just knew they'd get a goal and backed them to win, at ridiculous odds, right at the end of the game. Which make it a little easier to bear.

Rafa's done a good job there

No doubt people will say flukey Chelscum (again). Thats not flukey - thats just belief, reslience and strong mentality.

I hope this puts a feckin stop on those "Thursday nights on Channel 5" nonsence. Chelsea are ecstatic - Benfica are gutted. It's a majot Euro trophy FFS

Back