• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

I would think Emirates Marketing Project would have been disappointed to have not won it having clearly been the best side for well over half the season, with the resources they have and the squad they have, I would imagine their fans and people that own them would have been diasppointed.

You may say they won it, but I think it's a combination of them "winning it" and us giving it to them to some extent, although not as bad as last season.

By your logic, you should be tinkled every year that we don't win the league. We gave it to United again.

fcuking ell, last season we got 4th because Chelbrick imploded in the league. It was a one off, we were lucky. We have never finished above a Wenger Arse

if we finish 5th with 72 pts, a record points total for us, then fcuk it, we have been beaten by better sides to a top 4 place. But still, we will have 72 pts which is the best we have doen in the prem era=D>

No, they would turn around and say 'f*ck me those other clubs have been f*cking fantastic this season. Hats off to them.'

What they wouldn't do is turn round and say was 'We f*cked up.'

Because they clearly didn't.

:lol:

Such a flawed argument. We now apparently have to put our lower league position down to our competition improving...if this is the case why do we constantly do comparisons of our results vs our opposition this season compared to last season? why have i never seen a poster say "no you can't compare the results we got with Chelski this season to last season because they're so so much better now). Throughout this season, and previous seasons there's always been comparisons of the current seasons results vs the results of the previous season and never have i once seen someone arguing that "team x is so much better now so we can't compare".

Such a flawed argument. We now apparently have to put our lower league position down to our competition improving...if this is the case why do we constantly do comparisons of our results vs our opposition this season compared to last season? why have i never seen a poster say "no you can't compare the results we got with Chelski this season to last season because they're so so much better now). Throughout this season, and previous seasons there's always been comparisons of the current seasons results vs the results of the previous season and never have i once seen someone arguing that "team x is so much better now so we can't compare".

Well yes?

Our (current) lower league position is due to Chelsea going out and spending £100m. It's not exactly difficult to figure out.

Not sure what your chatting about after that, i don't take this seasons results game by game seriously compared with last, just find it interesting to know how we did.

hold, isn't that just backing up the logic that improving points wise from season to season is a good thing?

or am i missing some sarcasm

yes let's blame someone for not being able to improve as much as a team that 1- has CL football on offer and 2- rakes in over a 100 mil more than us each season.

think you need to remember that although Arsenal are only 1 or 2 points away from us the last couple of seasons on the pitch - off it, sadly they are light years away from us

This arguement again! Borussia Dortmund have nowhere near the budget of Bayern Munich, and yet they still won the Bundesliga two years running.

Once again some people don't wanna give Teflon Levy any stick whatsoever. It's fine blaming Arry for everything because he has a saggy face and is a ****ney wide boy who talks too much, but when it's Levy, the goalposts are moved. " it's not always black and white, why must we always find someone to blame." Ironic huh.

Got back from the cinema after watching the new Star Trek film and saw the result...absolutely gutted, I just cannot see a Saudi Sportswashing Machine side which has concede 9 goals with no reply in their last two home games doing us a favour.

Opinions always seem at polar opposites, but in all honesty we're proud that we recorded our best ever points total (hopefully), yet bitterly disappointed we threw away points where really shouldn't have and have ultimately cost us.

Can't really argue with either of those statements surely? Thing is we are competing for the top 4 only,for a reason as opposed to the title itself, because invariably we will stupidly drop points v Fulham or Wigan when we least expect it.

fcuking ell, last season we got 4th because Chelbrick imploded in the league. It was a one off, we were lucky. We have never finished above a Wenger Arse

if we finish 5th with 72 pts, a record points total for us, then fcuk it, we have been beaten by better sides to a top 4 place. But still, we will have 72 pts which is the best we have doen in the prem era=D>

good point about Chelsea - i was going to bring that up earlier but got side tracked.

I suppose the overall standard of the league doesn't matter either. Not saying its any better or worse this season than last, but it probably be dismissed all the same.

This arguement again! Borussia Dortmund have nowhere near the budget of Bayern Munich, and yet they still won the Bundesliga two years running.

Once again some people don't wanna give Teflon Levy any stick whatsoever. It's fine blaming Arry for everything because he has a saggy face and is a ****ney wide boy who talks too much, but when it's Levy, the goalposts are moved. " it's not always black and white, why must we always find someone to blame." Ironic huh.

Whilst i understand the idea, i would like to ask a question. How many clubs in the Bundesliga have a turnover that is above Dortmund's?

For the failure to make champions league levy gets some of the blame, AVB gets some, the players would get some. It's pretty much impossible to apportion it in my mind so i'm not even going to bother trying.

Actually that very argument has been made and countered.

I imagine most people who rationally look at the points comparison by team to the previous season realize that it's imperfect, particularly when looking at smaller samples like just one game or one opponent. It just offers an additional, and in my opinions somewhat better, perspective to the current table at any given time. No one I have seen has presented those comparisons as the end all be all infallible performance standard.

hold, isn't that just backing up the logic that improving points wise from season to season is a good thing?

or am i missing some sarcasm

Eh? the point is everyone that has done those comparisons is not taking it on a season to season basis but nobody has ever been called up on it. Comparing results of previous seasons is pretty much the equivalant of looking at league position rather than looking at points total and saying "ah well the opposition improved".

personally, I find no solace in points total's whether they are records for the pl era or any other stat come to mind, all I care about is qualifying for the european cup

Disappointed about Arsenal winning and overtaking us. But have to be happy about Wigan getting relegated. Since beating them 9-1 in 2010, we have always found it difficult to play against Wigan, losing 2 of our 3 home matches since then. And we have lost 5 points to Wigan this season, one of the main reason why we are not in top 4 now. Annoyingly, Arsenal and Chelsea have taken maximum 6 points each against them. Atleast we don't have to face Wigan next season.

Brilliant post! We will get 5 points more next year for the same performance levels!!

At last a positive!!!!

Whilst i understand the idea, i would like to ask a question. How many clubs in the Bundesliga have a turnover that is above Dortmund's?

For the failure to make champions league levy gets some of the blame, AVB gets some, the players would get some. It's pretty much impossible to apportion it in my mind so i'm not even going to bother trying.

Dortmund finishing above Bayern is equivalent to us finishing above Liverpool and Chelsea last season.

The problem with our league is that there are FIVE clubs with far more financial resources and wages than us, whereas Dortmund only have to deal with one behemoth. The infinite money of Chelsea and City and essentially United means that three spots are already taken, leaving Arsenal, us, and Liverpool competing for one position. Out of those three we pay the lowest wages and have the smallest record transfer (can you imagine have 20m+ to spend on three different players each, much less 35m???).

So...you can see we're up against it. Massively. If Dortmund can transfer to our league and still get in the top four, I can only hold my hands up and applaud them. But I highly doubt if they can.

Eh? the point is everyone that has done those comparisons is not taking it on a season to season basis but nobody has ever been called up on it. Comparing results of previous seasons is pretty much the equivalant of looking at league position rather than looking at points total and saying "ah well the opposition improved".[/QUOTE]

No it isn't. It is what it says on the tin.

Opinions always seem at polar opposites, but in all honesty we're proud that we recorded our best ever points total (hopefully), yet bitterly disappointed we threw away points where really shouldn't have and have ultimately cost us.

Can't really argue with either of those statements surely? Thing is we are competing for the top 4 only,for a reason as opposed to the title itself, because invariably we will stupidly drop points v Fulham or Wigan when we least expect it.

I wouldn't say i was proud tbh mate.

I mean when i inevitably get stick from Gooners again about finishing above us, i wouldn't point out that we achieved our record points total. I would say that AVB did a good job and i'm pretty happy with how things went but i would certainly not mention the points total 'accomplishment'.

Back