• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

2 goals for Berba, should have been scoring them for us :(

Ches screwed up apparently, should've stuck with Mannone.

Just did some digging...

Southampton have conceded 14 goals in 3.5 games.

that's more than 4 a game.

Christ, they are brick.

Indeed! Even though berbs not playing for us, want him to do well and see that magic(except against us of course)

Ches screwed up apparently, should've stuck with Mannone.

He did, routine catch, under no pressure whatsoever...managed to drop it onto Jenkinson's head, and the soton player scored into an empty net...most overrated goalkeeper in the league

...and in those games theyve played city, man utd and arsenal.. shouldnt of lost to Wigan though tbf.

Arsenal will be well up there this season, they probably won't win the league because I don't think they have enough depth upfront, but they will be up there.

Last season it wasn't an excuse, if they lost RVP they would have been buggered. This year, they seem to be more solid all around and won't have the terrible start of last time. I can see them being pretty consistent.

As will Chelsea actually. It will be very tough to get top 4. Depending on when it all clicks for our players we could be a threat too, but this league is going to be so so tight.

our squad isnt as good as the big fours, which is why I dont understand why some fans are EXPECTING a top four finish. We've just sold two world class players, building a new team with what looks like some new sort of style, yet they are expecting fourth place over Champions League and FA Cup holders, the current league holders, a team who have been consistantly the best team over the past 20 years and a team that ALWAYS finish above us regardless.

I just think the Goon players are instructed to pass the ball with one touch when possible, more than most teams .

There's very rarely more than two touches by a Goon player unless he's dribbling the ball.

our squad isnt as good as the big fours, which is why I dont understand why some fans are EXPECTING a top four finish. We've just sold two world class players, building a new team with what looks like some new sort of style, yet they are expecting fourth place over Champions League and FA Cup holders, the current league holders, a team who have been consistantly the best team over the past 20 years and a team that ALWAYS finish above us regardless.

Yup, true dat. You can guarentee press/macarons will bring out the 'But Harry got us top 4 so AVB has taken us backwards!!' rubbish though.

We have a good team though, if it clicks we could cause a fuss against the establishment. Arsenal's squad isn't that much better than ours IMO, they've just had 15 years working at their methods where as we've had 3 months. Chelsea can always be got at, Man United will always be dangerous but they were lucky last year that ourselves and Arsenal had shocking periods at different times otherwise both would have been a lot closer to them, as their squad isn't great. RVP will be a difference maker though.

But yeah, it will be tough. I just hope our fans and the media have a sense of perspective on this season. Wishful thinking though on the media's side.

I seem to have stumbled into the Arsenal slurpathon thread.

My impression is that most Spurs fans are pragmatic enough to realise that we're not likely to get a top 4 spot this season. If we had signed Moutinho and another top striker then the expectation level would be higher. At least that's how I feel.

I won't be overly disappointed with a top 6 finish this year as long as I can see a progression in terms of playing style and bedding in of an effective system.

We still need to turn in a few results though, just to (a) keep AVB in job long enough to make his mark and (b) keep the punters happy.

on his 700th man utd appearence, scholes scores and puts utd ahead

ANNOYINGLY, it's days like today that really make me hate football (and Tottenham's 'luck') The West Brom that have turned up at Fulham are clearly the same version as the Norwich one that turned up there and proceeded to willingly prise open their bum cheeks to be royally arse-raped! Funny that they BOTH suddenly found their 'inner-steel' to produce identical results against US!

Then there's 'free-scoring' Berbatov who I STILL think we should've gone for...

And don't even get me started on the bully-boys ArseAnal who will be scoring for fun today... it will be interesting to see what 'Southampton' turn up at White Hart Lane... surely not the ones who are rolling over, open mouthed to gleefully receive the throbbing rancid **** ArseAnal are willing to give them today! fudge I HATE THOSE ****S!

OK, so maybe I'm taking it all a little personally... ONCE we win tomorrow, all will be forgotten, but I have that awful feeling that Reading will suddenly TURN it on and not take no for an answer when we come to town... again, I'll be interested to see what version of Reading turn up when ArseAnal play them!

Right... need to turn off the tv and calm the fudge down... Southampton aren't going to win 5-4 are they?

assist and goal on Buttners debut for United

Back