• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Saw the score with something like 10 mins left, thought well its obvious Arsenal are going to win this so I stuck a quid on 2-1 to the scum. Gotta make something back out of a disappointment.

I hate football sometimes, I really do.

What grates is that if it was us I don't think we would have come back.

Still plenty to play for but I hate to say it I am losing faith. Steff, save me man!!!!

Remember Arteta's two pens against West Brom in December? Mike Jones was ref.

Arsenal struggling and need some help.

Stinks...

Why because of what I said or the lack of mentality?

Just their infuriating knack of winning games in the dying minutes (if only we could've had the rub of the green late on against Wigan and Fulham as those 6pts dropped are likely to cost us) which is sadly almost as predictable as our habit of losing penalty shoot outs... both of which could be put down to psychological factors, old habits die hard I guess.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 18 - Arsenal have scored more goals than any other Premier League team in the last 15 minutes of matches this season. Tardy.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 7 - Tottenham Hotspur have lost each of their last seven penalty shootouts, the longest current run of any English league side. Squander.

Last edited:
Well we should never have had to rely on arsenal to lose, we were clear so we have ourselves to blame. Like I said about 6 months ago, chelsea are more likely to drop but most of you don't want that, you hate arsenal more than you support Tottenham so you want us to finish above as opposed to us just finishing in the top 4.

Obviously we want to be in the top four and for them to finish without CL football.

I'm not going to bother explaining in detail but I do think it's come to a point that we do indeed need to finish above them.

Which is fine. But the penalty was given by the linesman.

and in addition, imo was 100% a correct decision too.
the question you have to ask is, did the norwich player grab and then haul giroud down with him as he fell? yes he did. i dont understand the controversy at all

and in addition, imo was 100% a correct decision too.
the question you have to ask is, did the norwich player grab and then haul giroud down with him as he fell? yes he did. i dont understand the controversy at all

The tug didn't change much, giroud was not going to get much, defender almost used it to keep his own balance. If every one of those was given a pen, there would be 5 penalties a match - which there are not.

Ref has final say? And being some 30-40 yards closer to the incident, with a clear view, he should have dismissed it.

no he shouldnt have. as evident, he was not going to give it. which can only mean he missed the incident in which Kamara(?) grabbed+hauled down Giroud. the assistant on the other hand was adamant that he saw the incident, and therefore told the ref of it (and as we can see from video replays, he was 100% correct). This is what the assistants are for. help the main ref as he cant see everything on his own.

The tug didn't change much, giroud was not going to get much, defender almost used it to keep his own balance. If every one of those was given a pen, there would be 5 penalties a match - which there are not.

1- doesnt matter if he changed much (this is absolutely irrelevant)
2- defender is not allowed to lever himself off an opposition player
3- i dont beleive this is exactly the same as your everyday penalty box tussle (but i do see your point in this regard, but i would also argue that 5 penalties should be given, but thats another debate altogether)

1- doesnt matter if he changed much (this is absolutely irrelevant)
2- defender is not allowed to lever himself off an opposition player
3- i dont beleive this is exactly the same as your everyday penalty box tussle (but i do see your point in this regard, but i would also argue that 5 penalties should be given, but thats another debate altogether)

You are clearly choosing to ignore one salient point. Arsenal are bent.:-"

no he shouldnt have. as evident, he was not going to give it. which can only mean he missed the incident in which Kamara(?) grabbed+hauled down Giroud. the assistant on the other hand was adamant that he saw the incident, and therefore told the ref of it (and as we can see from video replays, he was 100% correct). This is what the assistants are for. help the main ref as he cant see everything on his own.

If you look at a replay, you can clearly see the Ref, about 10 yards from the incident - looking in the direction of the incident.

There is no - maybe he didn't see it. He was as far away as I am from my TV now.

The linesman, through a crowd of players is some 40-50 yards away.

Ergo - ref either gives a pen himself, or does not rely on a witness who did not have as good a view of the incident as he did.

As for the veracity of the Pen, those kinds of penalties are not awarded that often. I would say tugs, where the attacker is not going to get the ball anyway, are not normally given.

But we are each entitled to our opinion.

Last edited:
Yes, I think there is corruption. Match-fixing has been proved in Germany, Italy and Turkey recently. And considered that these cases are only the tip of the iceberg I think that matches in England are fixed as well.

i agree, think the was proof of it in the non league here as well

I do not think it will ever come to light here, can you imagine if it did considering how much money is involved in the game in this country, do not think all those bookies adverts on t.v. would be allowed then.

Think i remember a ref was getting a contract to pave over the chelsea owners drive a few years ago, something like that anyway.

For me after the match at west ham on the last day of the season when the leagues club doctor decided our team were fit to play without seeing us and instead decided to stay in his executive box at highbury i always knew the game was rigged.

Back