• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

I'm not so sure they were fouls.

Exactly. Football is not a non-contact sport and there is such a thing as incidental contact. If both players are going for the ball and make contact, with one falling over, it is not necessarily a foul. Now the mentality that he was touched and is entitled to go over is engrained in the players. You expect such nonsense from Shearer (a striker) but when a defender of Hansen's era says the same, you can't blame the player or referee for making the decision that most people expect.

It's funny though how the referee was criticised for the disallowed Everton goal. The player clearly had the goalkeepers shirt and was hindering his movement. Of course this happens dozens of times every game and is rarely called. Its strange how in this case the "cheat" gets the benefit of using contact to advantage whereas in the simulation the cheat gets the advantage of falling over. If contact isn't allowed in one, why in the other?

The team that we could only beat 1-0 last week are now more than holding their own against United.

The team that we could only beat 1-0 last week are now more than holding their own against United.
Yep, they are a good team, but they are at home, manyoo did get the lead first. Out of interest is there anyone at the swans we'd take over what we currently have ?

Yep, they are a good team, but they are at home, manyoo did get the lead first. Out of interest is there anyone at the swans we'd take over what we currently have ?

Football isnt about individual players its how they perform as a team. Just because they dont have better individuals than us doesnt make Swansea are a good team.
Also Michu and Rangel would walk into our team at the moment.

Hmmmm watch Chelsea or watch the new paint dry on my front door, no real comparison...

To be honest that won't happen if the manager and players don't get along. They were already outplayed by Dortmund in both games, and there are better teams than Dortmund still left in the competition.

Less so than Chelsea were outplayed against FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich last time around - knock-out competition football has little to do with current form and overall squad quality, else the Catalan pin-up boys would have been winning it every single year since 2006. FC Internazionale were hardly the best team on paper when he won it back in 2010, let's not forget, mate.

For me it comes down to the right balance of experience and quality on matchday, ability to escalate beyond the sum of their parts, and of course - a bit of luck.

Even so - I'm sure most Madrid fans would prefer a 10th (!) CL this season instead of another La Liga trophy - already defeated the 'greatest media team of all time' last season fair and square - fudge all to prove. Now time to bring home the big 10th one and head towards Old Trafford like a boss.

Fergie slams Williams, telling Sky booting the ball at RVP was "the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field in many, many years."

Ferguson added to Sky: "He (Williams) could have killed the lad (Van Persie) ... he should be banned for a long time."

:lol:

Fergie slams Williams, telling Sky booting the ball at RVP was "the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field in many, many years."

Ferguson added to Sky: "He (Williams) could have killed the lad (Van Persie) ... he should be banned for a long time."

What happened?

Hmmmm watch Chelsea or watch the new paint dry on my front door, no real comparison...

Im watching Bourne Supramcy

fudge football - apart from spurs watching anything else actually bores me. Ill watch MOTD thats about it

That was really poor by Guzan. They won't be nearly as easy to score on on Wednesday.

Villa with everyone inside their own area still manage to leave a couple of Chelsea players unmarked. They'll get a real gonad*ing after this game and be fired up for us.

they won't bend over thsi easily on wednesday.

Whats with the pathetic waving of the big flags after the goals, they really are totally tinpot...

#PrayForVanPersie

In the UK alone 5 people are killed each year with balls kicked against their heads. True story

Back