• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT Tottenham v Fulham*

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is one area poch falls down in - his style of play does not suit a big target man- I thought with trips n rose we should have had more crosses in to Lorente for knock downs to the am but we hardly saw any decent crosses. Gkn s assist for winks goal was the best cross of the game but it comes in the 93rd min.

If we’re going to persist wi Llorente we really need to up the cross count substantially.

Great win nonetheless we’ll done lads.

This is one area poch falls down in - his style of play does not suit a big target man- I thought with trips n rose we should have had more crosses in to Lorente for knock downs to the am but we hardly saw any decent crosses. Gkn s assist for winks goal was the best cross of the game but it comes in the 93rd min.

If we’re going to persist wi Llorente we really need to up the cross count substantially.

I don't agree that lump it to the big man is the answer.

I can understand the lads hesitancy to pepper the box with crosses and concede possession though, when the decent crosses you do put in are met by a clumsy scuffed shoulder....

I’m a bit disappointed to see some people say we didn’t play well. Personally I thought we did although we looked very ropey at the back in the first half.

We were by far the better team and, tough as it was on Fulham, we deserved our win. Personally, I think any win away from home in the Premier League is a great result and the bbc’s headline about Winks sparing our blushes is embarrassing.

I've never quite got those graphs, are small dots when Llorente gets a chance?
The bigger the spot the higher the probability of someone scoring that chance but the xG doesn’t take into account how competent the player taking the shot is...

firstly, you can't beat a 90th minute winner, such a crucial win with some of our top 6 rivals picking up points, on to the elephant in the room and i can't believe we have apologists on here defending Llorente a la soldado and Janssen, there's a reason Poch hasn't started him in a PL game for a year, yes a whole year, he's garbage, he should already be playing in MLS/China/Qatar, first touch of a rapist, no pace, not even good in there air anymore. I'm a little worried about what other options we have, false 9 is not really the way to go, nor is sticking Delle upfront (if he was fit). Very encouraging though to see us turn it on in the 2nd half after that dreadful first half display, I'll be betting "under" in the chelsea game.

I agree but then Llorente was a very baffling purchase.

We tried the signing a young striker willing to wait for his chance and that didn’t work,
so we tried signing an experienced professional who could do a job when called, and hopefully rub off positively around the place.

I think the logic was totally sound, and I think Llorente is a good player. I just don’t think he looks suited to our game and it means we suffer for it. He doesn’t seem to run in behind or probe forward with the ball. He’s all about quick touches off the ball to feet or getting on the end of crosses. We do like the occasional diagonal which in theory he should be good for but it just never seems to work for him.

This summer we need a wide forward who can play upfront when required. It’s also a tough one because after today’s performance I wouldn’t start Llorente at Chelsea, and yet you risk upsetting him if you don’t and would probably need to sell him this month rather than lose any benefit we have having his professionalism rub off on the rest of our squad if you don’t play him even with Son and Kane out. We can’t have someone earning 100k a week feeing like he’s adding no value.

He just looked totally unsuited to me. I rarely offer up a ‘play a yoof player, they can’t be any worse’ type of take but in this case, I think our general team performance would probably have been better with Sterling or Parrott on the pitch. Maybe Moura upfront for Chelsea with Eriksen and Lamela in behind, Dier and Winks in midfield at the Bridge.

I agree. You'd think that with his syrenstr he'd be better with his back to goal

It is a shame really as I think if Kane was fit and we didn't have the Asian games, we'd maybe have looked at moving Llorente and his apparently quite high wages on this window.

Anyway, excellent win. The squad and Poch are really going to be tested now. Both Moura and Lamela have regressed from their early season form (some may say they've arguably regressed to their mean...) but if Dele is now also out for a prolonged period of time, we really need them to step up. Eriksen too, we need him at his top form to get past Chelsea.

Jesus forgot about Rose’s one. What a fudging joke. And you’ve that Bindipping Egyptian throwing himself down at any opportunity and not getting booked. Laughable.
That was right in front of me and was a clear foul on Rose. Laughable booking.

Back