• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT Tottenham v Fulham*

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not defending Llorente he should have done better with the couple of chances he had. But I didn’t feel we played to his strengths much over the 90minutes, we was anticipating Trippier and Rose putting in crosses for him but when did that actually happen? I don’t think he had much service overall really....

Well. I let myself down a bit today but I had my son today whilst my wife was flying so watching the game was always going to be difficult whilst keeping him occupied. Couldn't hack the game when they scored so turned it off and the took my son for a walk down the park. Worse than leaving at half time but couldn't handle the game.

Managed to get back for the start of second half as I thought fcuk it I can't not watch it. Glad I did now as I've got a video of me going mental at the end when winks scored (got a Canary camera set up in my living room).

Just thought I'd tell you to give more fuel for you fcukers, and only cos I love you all.
X

Well. I let myself down a bit today but I had my son today whilst my wife was flying so watching the game was always going to be difficult whilst keeping him occupied. Couldn't hack the game when they scored so turned it off and the took my son for a walk down the park. Worse than leaving at half time but couldn't handle the game.

Managed to get back for the start of second half as I thought fcuk it I can't not watch it. Glad I did now as I've got a video of me going mental at the end when winks scored (got a Canary camera set up in my living room).

Just thought I'd tell you to give more fuel for you fcukers, and only cos I love you all.
X
That’s a lovely story
X

Jesus forgot about Rose’s one. What a fudging joke. And you’ve that Bindipping Egyptian throwing himself down at any opportunity and not getting booked. Laughable.

I’m still annoyed at Sanchez’s one. Rose’s was ridiculous but he had to make a call, saw it, and just made the wrong one at speed.

But booking Sanchez? For getting DDT’d to the ground and actively *not* reacting? It was outrageous, stupid refereeing and just made me think Sanchez might as well have left something in on Mitrovic. It happened right in front of the linesman and over a period of seconds where you can very clearly see what is happening. Utterly ridiculous.

Not defending Llorente he should have done better with the couple of chances he had. But I didn’t feel we played to his strengths much over the 90minutes, we was anticipating Trippier and Rose putting in crosses for him but when did that actually happen? I don’t think he had much service overall really....

I wanted him to do well today but he was terrible.

And I disagree on us not playing to his strengths particularly in the first half. We spent a lot of time trying to work the ball into positions to cross. He also had two great opportunities and made a mess of them both.

Maybe he needs a run of games but he was given a good chance today and it couldn’t have gone much worse.

I thought we were ok today, but the team was adjusting to Llorente.

Shout outs for me to Dele, Hugo and Eriksen, but most of all to Winks. He really stepped it up today, not just the goal but taking responsibility for driving the team forward. But as Poch says, actually getting the goal and being decisive in the final third is the next part of his development. Feels like he is getting back to his previous best and showing signs of being able to improve upon it.

Llorente is a funny one. I wonder if it is a big Poch mistake. There was one time Winks was visibly fudged off that Llorente didn’t run onto a ball in the channel. He just gave up. When I say he might be a mistake it’s because every single other player in our squad is capable of getting possession, turning and then driving forward with the ball. Every player we have constantly puts the opposition on the back foot as soon as they get the chance. Llorente’s game is just so different and it requires a big adjustment. He’s all flicks and touches and it’s fine, he has something to offer somewhere, but I think he is just too far removed from our usual game. I think Poch knows this hence never playing him ahead of Son when Kane is out but he probably doesn’t want to disrespect a player on high wages with a lot of experience. So he keeps him involved and in and around the place but clearly never trusts him. Today I just felt bad for the guy.

I wanted him to do well today but he was terrible.

And I disagree on us not playing to his strengths particularly in the first half. We spent a lot of time trying to work the ball into positions to cross. He also had two great opportunities and made a mess of them both.

Maybe he needs a run of games but he was given a good chance today and it couldn’t have gone much worse.
Like you say trying to work into positions to cross - he didn’t get many crosses come his way really. I acknowledge he had two great chances but I’m pretty sure at least one of them was from a set piece? Not saying he didn’t have a poor game, but I don’t think over the course of the game he was given great service. But that’s primarily because he’s simply not the right type of forward for us.....

I’m still annoyed at Sanchez’s one. Rose’s was ridiculous but he had to make a call, saw it, and just made the wrong one at speed.

But booking Sanchez? For getting DDT’d to the ground and actively *not* reacting? It was outrageous, stupid refereeing and just made me think Sanchez might as well have left something in on Mitrovic. It happened right in front of the linesman and over a period of seconds where you can very clearly see what is happening. Utterly ridiculous.
Ref made a few strange decisions today, he wasnt terrible overall, just made some really bizarre ones.

To be fair, Ranieri anticipated this and cut off the supply line mostly by playing 5 across the back. We could have done better though in a few instances where we passed up clear opportunities to cross .

Last edited:
Who else do we have? Rhetorical question, obvs, but with Dele out as well it’s looking inevitable that he’ll feature.

Anyone who is mobile and can play in our system. Moura if fit. Play Lamela in there if not - might stop him thinking he’s the new Iniesta!

If he is to play then we need to adapt our style. What is the point of fannying around on the edges of the penalty area if we have a fudging giant in there waiting for a cross?

Anyone who is mobile and can play in our system. Moura if fit. Play Lamela in there if not - might stop him thinking he’s the new Iniesta!

If he is to play then we need to adapt our style. What is the point of fannying around on the edges of the penalty area if we have a fudging giant in there waiting for a cross?

Plenty if that giant moves like a lamppost

Even when chasing the game we had winks, Toby and Dier making more movement than him to get the winner

The bloke moves like he has lead in his boots

Get the f.ck in. A last minute away day winner.

It's always a nice day out at Craven Cottage...lovely ground and lovely location. (And a nice drink-up)

Views from the middle of the away end.
Winks really stepped up in the second half. The kind of performance that will really make poch smile. So sweet he managed to get that goal right at the death.
Sanchez and Roses bookings were a joke.
Llorente the lampost never really got the service he likes.. I can't remember Trippier crossing the ball and Toby or Jan diagonals. He still had a bad game and I thought the last 20 minutes we may as well giving the academy kid some time.

We could obviously be adjusting to the players we've got missing as we seem to revert back to the backwards and sideways passy passy stuff, with too many players dropping in or back to receive a pass rather than find angles or space between the lines. That's why it surprised me we didn't look to loft it to Llorente more as we were lacking any progress trying to pass thru them.

BUT we got over the line. F.ck drawing...it's boring.

I'm off to ice my elbow as I've joined the growing Tottenham injury list. I got tsunami'd by a ton of geezers when Winks made our day. COYS.

Okay, Trippier was sh*te, but I've grown very used to that. Llorente was beyond sh*te, but I guess that's the best that can be expected from a 34-year-old bench-warmer in his first PL start in GHod knows how long (if ever).

Winks was a GHod. Verts was great. Rose ended up being great after a godawful first half. Sanchez was honestly up-and-down, but after tinkling off that c*nt Mitrovic so much that he tried to bodyslam him, I'm giving him a 10/10. My only regret there is that he didn't flick V's at Mitrovic after the goal - would have been funny to see him get sent off (if that bent ref could manage it) and then see a real Colombian smackdown in return. :p

The rest were okay. Eriksen had one moment of brilliance, was subdued otherwise. Alli likewise. Toby was okay. Lloris was...okay. Lamela was pretty sh*te.

And we have 3 points. And that's all that matters.

For endless catharsis after that utter sh*thousery, have the winning goal again (and again, and again) -

Edit: And well fudging done, Georges Kevin N'Koudou. If you never do anything else in a Spurs shirt, you will have done enough. :)

28 seconds: Winks wins the ball back close to our 16 yard box.

47 seconds: Winks heads in the winner at the other end.

Beautiful. Not to mention how well we passed the ball in those 19 seconds. It was a great goal, actually! Didn't notice that while celebrating like crazy, LOL.

Back