• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official OM(usic)T Thread ***

Looking forward to checking Smashing Pumpkins out next month. That will be another off my 90's bucket list. Getting back into them with some concerts on YouTube. I only really listened to Siamese Dream and bits of Melon Collie, but its wicked stuff.

I see the original bass player has gone down the meth addict path. Nice.

february14052011.jpg

Steff - you ever have any run ins with Corgan? By all reports he was a ****er, but from what I understand he's chilled out a bit lately.

By the way - I ****ing love this song. One of the 90's alternative classics.

[video=youtube;GQs2nRnZBPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQs2nRnZBPE[/video]

Last edited:
Pumpkins were always pretty technically proficient. Iha is a good guitarist and Chamberlain one of the better drummers of that era along with Cameron and Grohl.

And then Corgan pretty much played all guitars and bass on the earlier albums.

Noel Gallaghers a Chasing Yesterday leaked online. Good stuff. 1 song I'm not a fan of but overall the same old and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Saw Ride at the 100 Club last night. That was one of the best gigs I've seen in a very, very long time.

If you've never seen Mogwai live before, please do yourself a favour and check them out. I saw them for a third time in Melbourne tonight. Just. Wow.

Go wherever you have to. It's indescribable brilliance. They completely restore my faith in modern music and have done each year they've released albums.

If you haven't even listened to them before, why on earth not? You will want to go and see them live instantly once you do, I'm sure of it.

It's the kind of music that makes you forget you're human for a little while.

At Soundwave last week, was lucky enough to bump into F***ed Up. Never heard much from them before, but they were playing last on one of the sidestages at the same time as Slipknot, Fall Out Boy and Smashing Pumpkins. Needless to say, they had a rather small crowd.

So for the last song of the set, the lead singer thanked everyone who watched their show, then jumped into the crowd and gave every single one of us a cuddle.

Been listening to them a fair bit now. I like it alot.

Looking forward to checking Smashing Pumpkins out next month. That will be another off my 90's bucket list. Getting back into them with some concerts on YouTube. I only really listened to Siamese Dream and bits of Melon Collie, but its wicked stuff.

I see the original bass player has gone down the meth addict path. Nice.

february14052011.jpg

Steff - you ever have any run ins with Corgan? By all reports he was a ****er, but from what I understand he's chilled out a bit lately.

By the way - I ****ing love this song. One of the 90's alternative classics.

[video=youtube;GQs2nRnZBPE]

Never did mate, even though I reviewed their first album for K! favorably. Funnily enough, a good mate of mine has worked with him for years and says he is cool enough...who knows?!!

Noel Gallagher's new album is really good. One of the songs sounds like it should be on Definitely Maybe, it's got that heavy sound from the early days of Oasis. Probably better than the first High Flying Birds album.

Never did mate, even though I reviewed their first album for K! favorably. Funnily enough, a good mate of mine has worked with him for years and says he is cool enough...who knows?!!

That's the impression I get these days, that he's pretty level headed and reasonable. Really enjoyed watching them a couple weeks back.

Back